• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFBWeek5: Clempsoning | klmsneng | Verb | to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limedust

This comes from Meltdown Light, but I thought this one was pretty good:

combos
are the best thing in the world until you actually taste one, then you realize they actually really suck, but you just continue to inhale them as if they were the best thing in the world because even though they suck, you're still hungry and you bought into the hype and committed to the fuckibg monster sized bag and they're there and you have nothing else and you see other people with magical things like doritos and filet mignon and chipotle barbacoa burritos and you're pissed that what you have really sucks and why oh why can't you have nice things like other people do and finally you either finish the g-d bag or you throw it out the window on 94 and IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T FIGURED IT OUT I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT COMBOS I'M TALKING ABOUT MICHIGAN FOOTBALL.

8 picks and 13 points last week, not too shabby. Here we go again.

TTK Presents: GAF Pick'em Week 5 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

(THU) UCLA @ Arizona State by 4 Switched at 7:17PM eastern time.
Vanderbilt @ Kentucky by 12 Stoooooooooops!
Maryland @ Indiana by 6
Florida State @ NC State by 14 Finding it hard to pick FSU to cover the spread this year
Arkansas vs Texas A&M by 10
Minnesota @ Michigan by 6 Will not be surprised if this pick bites me in the ass
Stanford @ Washington by 10
Missouri @ South Carolina by 6
Duke @ Miami by 4 "Upset" alert, but only if you truly believe Vegas' Miami -7
Washington State @ Utah by 6 Why the fuck am I doing this alert
Illinois @ Nebraska by 17
Oregon State @ USC by 9

This weeks game poster, this week is kind of an inside joke for anyone whos ever drove from Columbus to Cincy.

ByWDiBrCYAEa9GS.jpg

Lunar15

So, Roger Goodell and the head of the NFLPA want to meet with Charlie Strong:

http://texas.247sports.com/Bolt/Goodell-wants-to-meet-with-Strong-31464423

Breaking: NFL to suspend everyone. Mannings to play catch at 50 yard line.

What do they want to do? Pick his brain?

Goodell "Hey Charlie, what do you do when someone does something wrong and/or illegal?"

Strong: "I immediately suspend or dismiss them with keen judgement"

Goodell "Oh, I see... Can you expand on this 'keen judgement' concept?"

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
What do they want to do? Pick his brain?

Goodell "Hey Charlie, what do you do when someone does something wrong and/or illegal?"

Strong: "I immediately suspend or dismiss them with keen judgement"

Goodell "Oh, I see... Can you expand on this 'keen judgement' concept?"

"So you're saying when you see a tape of someone assaulting their future wife in an elevator you don't bury the lead and lie about having seen it previously? Interesting tactic Mr. Strong. Unorthodox, but interesting"

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
This weeks game poster, this week is kind of an inside joke for anyone whos ever drove from Columbus to Cincy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByWDiBrCYAEa9GS.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Judging by the graphic I would have guessed you were playing UTEP.

[spoiler]I've never actually driven to El Paso.[/spoiler]

Draxal

ByWDiBrCYAEa9GS.jpg

Not going to lie, I'm really looking forward to the tOSU/Rutgers game just for the poster. I don't think we have a chance in the game itself, as tOSU's defensive line will force bad Nova to show up.

Thinking it's either going to be scarlet on scarlet, and he'll save the birthplace of college football poster for next year.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

ByWDiBrCYAEa9GS.jpg

Why do I have the feeling this is a joke about the giant water jesus statue? Course, I don't know where Columbus is located in the state, assuming part of the way is on the highway between Dayton and Cincinnati.

Talon

Why do I have the feeling this is a joke about the giant water jesus statue? Course, I don't know where Columbus is located in the state, assuming part of the way is on the highway between Dayton and Cincinnati.
There's a big ass billboard in the middle of Ohio that says "Hell is Real."

There's one in Indiana as well.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
(THU) UCLA @ Arizona State by 4
Vanderbilt @ Kentucky by 15
Maryland @ Indiana by 4
Florida State @ NC State by 18
Arkansas vs Texas A&M by 6
Minnesota @ Michigan by 4
Stanford @ Washington by 9
Missouri @ South Carolina by 4
Duke @ Miami by 4
Washington State @ Utah by 6
Illinois @ Nebraska by 17
Oregon State @ USC by 6

andycapps

That sign is off 71 somewhere between Columbus and Cincy. That is a God-forsaken, boring stretch of road, too. Flat and very boring farmland on both sides for that 1 1/2-2 hours.

AntoneM

I didn't bother looking until now since I figured there was no hope, but, moving on up. Good news on a game day must be a good omen.

11 [ &#9650;21 ] AntoneM < 30 | 37 > ( 12 / 9 )

Work on game day though, sucks.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Pretty much a truth, and we like it that way! Stay out of our city!
"Stay out of Ohio," you demand.

"Gladly," the rest of the world replies.

That's right. Sick burn on your state, AND I say that as someone who lives in Alabama! The fact that I am also referencing the generally-held low opinion of my own state of domicile in issuing said sick burn on your state, means that not only is said burn made all the more "sick," but I have denied you the recourse to rebut my burn by attacking the state where I reside.

Checkmate, mothafucka.

mre

(THU) UCLA @ Arizona State by X, with X being defined as the combined total number of wins by Cal's football team during the 2012, 2013, and 2014 seasons.

cdyhybrid

Vanderbilt @ Kentucky by 4
Maryland @ Indiana by 4
Florida State @ NC State by 7
Stanford @ Washington by 4
Missouri @ South Carolina by 6
Duke @ Miami by 4
Washington State @ Utah by 4
Illinois @ Nebraska by 14
Oregon State @ USC by 10

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
(THU) UCLA @ Arizona State by 10
Vanderbilt @ Kentucky by 3 (up and coming program gif)
Maryland @ Indiana by 14
Florida State @ NC State by 17
Arkansas vs Texas A&M by 21
Minnesota @ Michigan by 3
Stanford @ Washington by 7
Missouri @ South Carolina by 10
Washington State @ Utah by 7
Oregon State @ USC by 10

I was pretty neutral on the whole Winston rape story, but given his conduct over the past year, I'm more inclined to think he did it. His behavior strikes me as someone who has always gotten away with whatever he wanted and never faced any real consequences. Well FSU isn't Hueytown, and I'll be surprised if anyone drafts him prior to the 5th round.

That's right. Sick burn on your state, AND I say that as someone who lives in Alabama! The fact that I am also referencing the generally-held low opinion of my own state of domicile in issuing said sick burn on your state, means that not only is said burn made all the more "sick," but I have denied you the recourse to rebut my burn by attacking the state where I reside.

Checkmate, mothafucka.

Hey Birmingham and Mobile are decent, I wouldn't mind living in either. But I live in NC so we're not talking a huge stretch in terms of culture shock here.

Checkmate, mothafucka.

I am in shock and awe of your burn.

Truly sick. Perhaps the sickest burn of a human being I have ever seen. I will be telling my grandchildren where I was when mre burned bucknuticus.

mre

I am in shock and awe of your burn.

Truly sick. Perhaps the sickest burn of a human being I have ever seen. I will be telling my grandchildren where I was when mre burned bucknuticus.
You notice that buck hasn't posted since? I'm picturing him sitting at his desk at work, staring blankly at his computer. He's near comatose and immobile but for his jaw moving slowly up and down as if his broken husk of a body is trying to form words but has forgotten how.

You notice that buck hasn't posted since? I'm picturing him sitting at his desk at work, staring blankly at his computer. He's near comatose and immobile but for his jaw moving slowly up and down as if his broken husk of a body is trying to form words but has forgotten how.

Im still trying to read through it, this ohio eduamacation makes me a low reader :( I will respond in 1-6 business days.

ag-my001

Arizona State by 10
Kentucky by 7
Maryland by 8
FSU by 17
Texas A&M by 11
Michigan by 4
Stanford by 7
Missouri by 7
Duke by 7
Washington State by 4
Nebraska by 14
USC by 7

(THU) UCLA @ Arizona State by 7
Vanderbilt @ Kentucky by 10
Maryland @ Indiana by 4
Florida State @ NC State by 18
Arkansas vs Texas A&M by 14
Minnesota @ Michigan by 10
Stanford @ Washington by 7
Duke @ Miami by 4
Washington State @ Utah by 17
Illinois @ Nebraska by 10
Oregon State @ USC by 14

probably another horrible week of picks by me

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
(THU) UCLA @ Arizona State by X, with X being defined as the combined total number of wins by Cal's football team during the 2012, 2013, and 2014 seasons.

If X is negative does that mean that you are picking Arizona State to win?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
TTK Presents: GAF Pick'em Week 5 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

Vanderbilt @ Kentucky by 20
Maryland @ Indiana by 7
Florida State @ NC State by 14
Arkansas vs Texas A&M by 14
Missouri @ South Carolina by 4
Duke @ Miami by 7
Washington State @ Utah by 14
Illinois @ Nebraska by 20
Oregon State @ USC by 7

Chris R

Vanderbilt @ Kentucky by 14
Maryland @ Indiana by 14
Florida State @ NC State by 21
Minnesota @ Michigan by 7
Stanford @ Washington by 14
Duke @ Miami by 10
Illinois @ Nebraska by 7
Oregon State @ USC by 10

Westonian

Vanderbilt @ Kentucky by 4
Maryland @ Indiana by 14
Florida State @ NC State by 10
Minnesota @ Michigan by 7
Stanford @ Washington by 14
Missouri @ South Carolina by 7
Duke @ Miami by 10
Oregon State @ USC by 10

pxleyes

Banned
Vanderbilt @ Kentucky by 7
Maryland @ Indiana by 4
Florida State @ NC State by 24
Arkansas vs Texas A&M by 17
Minnesota @ Michigan by 4 UPSET SPECIAL
Missouri @ South Carolina by 7
Duke @ Miami by 4
Washington State @ Utah by 4
Illinois @ Nebraska by 10
Oregon State @ USC by 7

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Uniforms for tonight -

ByaF1zVIEAAFMir.jpg

I wish they would use the Masked Rider in profile instead of this one where he's riding out towards you.

::edit::
This one -

X9j3T2R.png

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, they're not going over too well on the Tech boards right now.

I really don't know what to expect from the game tonight. Nothing on the continuum from "close Tech win" to "OSU blowout win" will particularly surprise me. Forced to make a pick, I would choose OSU, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom