• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Azusa

Gumi gauntlet is so lame. I hate it already. Just spam AOE skill. Ugh.

Rerolling is a paint, but I'm trying to get at least one UR @JP version.

garath

Ah I see - thanks for the explanation (and the clarification that Frau's active is not a dance).

Aggdra sounds to be so far into the future that I'd rather get Sulstan now, though. I don't even know if I'll be playing when her raid comes out. Also my luck with demon raids hasn't been that great, so MLBing Aggdra might not even be a possibility.

Yeah. What fishous said. Basically Sulstan is merely a stepping stone. An expensive one at that. Aggdra at LB2 is on par with MLB Sulstan. I've never gotten enough copies to MLB a demon raid character so I'm betting on LB1 or LB2 for me. Frau could be a solid main party member and is yet to be replaced in JP version. You'll want to LB her just for the increase in stats.

Basically I can crush current content with my current party. But I'd really like a MLB 5* with an insane weapon just to have it which is why I'll probably grab Sulstan. Then there's 4 months give or take to save up to MLB Frau.

The only wrinkle is if they re-release Lindsey in between.

Gizuko

Going by the analysis I read read on another forum, the rationale for MLB Frau vs Sulstan is that eventually Sulstan will be obsoleted by the demon Aggdra (as garath mentioned) and to this day Frau has not been adequately replaced by character in the Japanese version. As I understand it you're right in that MLB Frau only increases her stats, but since her active skill buffs the party and doesn't stop her from attacking (unlike dancers) she gets more mileage out of her increased stats.

That said, I'm not sure what the right choice is if you can only choose one. While Aggdra will eventually replace Sulstan, going by the Japanese schedule that's still six months out and it looks like a lot of people in this thread are already burning out so it may be better to go with Sulstan. Plus Aggdra's team cost is an expensive 22.

I've personally got enough rings that I can do both and probably still grab at least 1 copy of another character by the time Frau comes around. If you're already close to having enough rings for MLB Sulstan you can probably grab enough for MLB Frau between daily quests, demon raids, and gauntlet before she rotates out.

Adding to this, it is simply absurd how jpCC continues to depend on a FR character with no replacement. damage increasing abilities/skill apply one over another so, for example, take a 10% damage increase, and let's say we get it twice (your arcana+a friend's) on a 100atk character. It won't be 100*1.2=120 but rather (100*1.1)*1.1=121. That is not much, but when you start adding 40% over 30% etc it does make a difference.

Take two recent examples: Minoa and Marena.

Minoa buffs mages for ~X% (can't recall the exact %) and knights for that same amount, plus a lesser 5% or so buff, as long as there are mages and knights on the field. This ability stacks, so bringing your Minoa+ a freind's (my current setup) dobles this effect.
If the mage needed to trigger the ability is either Roxanna or Frau, you get another huge boost with their actives, but not only that, Frau can still attack, so her buffed up stats don't go to waste.

Marena does something similar but with a team-wide ~19%, that activates when a mage uses a skill. This ability stacks with itself, once again.

Sure, Roxanna gets the job done (I use her), and her buff is better, but dancing is a huge drawback, and I'm starting to lean towards replacing her with Cheery in my team.

Kettch

I finished up Kain's quest for the Volunteer Sword and stuck it on Nimpha, so a little XP boost to go along with the drop rate boost now. Still lots of open friend slots if anybody wants to use her:

ID: 108472385

Also, I went through the gauntlet again with my 26 Minimo and finished round 6 this time. Still need to pick up another 4 level 1 mages to use, but that was a big improvement from just playing a little smarter. Just using her and 1 meat shield for the early rounds helped to preserve characters for the later rounds and lined them up better too.

Avalt

I finished up Kain's quest for the Volunteer Sword and stuck it on Nimpha, so a little XP boost to go along with the drop rate boost now. Still lots of open friend slots if anybody wants to use her:

Also, I went through the gauntlet again with my 26 Minimo and finished round 6 this time. Still need to pick up another 4 level 1 mages to use, but that was a big improvement from just playing a little smarter. Just using her and 1 meat shield for the early rounds helped to preserve characters for the later rounds and lined them up better too.

Added you as AvaGAF

Oreoleo

Added!

The two people on my friends list with Nimpha removed me when I switched my leader to Minimo for the raid last week. Feels bad :(

elty

I run a Nimpha and exp sword as well, you can add me. 152732702

Can't beat the last gauntlet stage, the full screen archer always kill my Coro. Really need to take my Sonya up.

Azusa

A new type of event announced:
Selene Event (War Chronicle), May 4 - May 10
As I see its like demon raid, but with a new map and quests.

Selene
1416557829.jpg

Cost 16
Job: Soldier (SwordMaster)
Weapon Type: Spear

Skill: (3 mana) Deals Heavy damage (x18) to single enemy in her row using magic
Ability 1: Additional 1 mana when the battle starts
Ability 2: Heals the lowest hp in team by 21% per wave

Stats:
Base ATK: 2,000 HP:2,000
Lv60 ATK: 4,600 HP:4,900
LB
Lv65 ATK: 6,000 HP:5,750
Lv70 ATK: 7,400 HP:6,600
Lv75 ATK: 8,800 HP:7,450
Lv80 ATK: 10,200 HP:8,300

desverger

I've been trying to find dregs of information about this event today as well. What you said is basically it. There's more depth to it than the demon raids, but we are trying to do the same thing - obtain multiple copies of a specific arcana (Selene).

What seems to matter in this event is efficiency, since you'll be burning up AP to clear quests which award you points.

Also, a word of warning - at least in this first war chronicle, some rewards are based on rank. You won't be able to MLB Selene unless you rank high enough, and as a F2P player this won't be a realistic goal. Set expectations realistically and decide early on if you want to devote time, ap and possibly money to this event.

I seem to have read further events of this type wouldn't be so P2W, but we'll see, it's Gimu after all :p

garath

Oh my. So this is where we need spear wielders? ughhhhh.. Of course I only have Audette for a spear user :/

She looks incredible too. over 10k attack MLB? wow.

Rixa

Oh my. So this is where we need spear wielders? ughhhhh.. Of course I only have Audette for a spear user :/

She looks incredible too. over 10k attack MLB? wow.

No basically we need fast cleaner (AOE) characters. Coro / Trystan / Aludra / Cheery.
If I understand right, you need to be inside top 1500 rank to MLB her. I think otherwise she is rings (if not LB3).

Elija2

Damn, if we can LB Selene a couple times she'll end up being even better than MLB Trystan. I doubt it'll be easy to get her though.

garath

No basically we need fast cleaner (AOE) characters. Coro / Trystan / Aludra / Cheery.
If I understand right, you need to be inside top 1500 rank to MLB her. I think otherwise she is rings (if not LB3).

But it sounds like you get bonus points for using event weapons.. which in this case is a spear. Not needed with a good AOE clear? Luckily I have a solid Coro and plenty of Aludra friends. I don't think I'll get Trystan ramped up that quick. Would have 3 days to level him to 80 lol.

Just looked up Selene's stats: http://chain-chronicle-global.wikia.com/wiki/Selene

Her lvl 60 stats are awfull compared to other characters but she really shines when you MLB her. I hope it will be easy to do.

Yeah. Looking at the stats, I'd ring her unless I could get LB3. Otherwise she's not worth a slot in the party. Sure it'd be nice to have a strong spear user for future raids but she wouldn't replace coro or Trystan or Lindsey so not really a good fit for me. I'd use her over Trystan if I could MLB her. Maybe. His mana special seems a little more useful long term. But I like her abilities..

Rixa

But it sounds like you get bonus points for using event weapons.. which in this case is a spear. Not needed with a good AOE clear?.

From the link I posted earlier.
While doing quests, you may get a chance to activate Fever Time, which gives 1.5x PTS boosts for 3 minutes
I think 3 minutes is actual real time (not game time). So if your party is "good" enough use 2x speed autobattle to prolong your Fever Time and casting AOEs to do battles fast.

Also I did heard that "Great Fever Time" was added to JPCC when V2 came. But we dont know about Gumi.

Azusa

I think 3 minutes is actual real time (not game time). So if your party is "good" enough use 2x speed autobattle to prolong your Fever Time and casting AOEs to do battles fast.

Also I did heard that "Great Fever Time" was added to JPCC when V2 came. But we dont know about Gumi.

Isnt it 10min twice a day?

elty

Any idea of which mage I should ring and which I should level up first?

5* Filiana (lv36)
4* Elemia (lv29)
4* Febrya
4* Airi
3* Yona
3* Toto
3* Minimo
3* Bilgitto
3* Fiona
3* Nelva
2* Liz

I think I will dump Bilgitto, Fiona and Nelva and level up Febrya first

Rixa

Any idea of which mage I should ring and which I should level up first?
I think I will dump Bilgitto, Fiona and Nelva and level up Febrya first

Nelva & Bilgitto has mana training ability (+1 mana from the start of fight).

Yaari

From my understanding the only way you can MLB her is if you use many stamina fruits (ie. pay money). I have 0 right now so I doubt I'll even bother.

Azusa

I have 34 stamina fruits. There was no reason to use them at all.

You can farm stamina fruits in gauntlet if you are lucky.

Gizuko

It's free two tickets even for dipping in. Might as well :p

not to mention more rings. The dream of MLB Trystan and Frau is real. :)

In fact, if I could somehow MLB Selene, I could skip buying Trystan and then I'll be rolling in rings.

Well, I will probably do a couple battles, I even had ~15 stam. fruits ready, but finals are coming and I'm aiming to finish my bachelor's degree this year. In fact, the first exam is the 4th of May.

This didn't seem to be the case for me during the Deed v2 event. I rushed through the battles (hell, I had 3/3 event characters) and always had less than 20sec left after each battle (when it procc'd). It didn't procc often, either.

Might have been a coincidence, since it didn't click with me and I didn't pay much attention.

Fishious

And here I was wondering if I should hang on to my 29 stamina fruit or burn them on frivolous things.

I'm looking forward to this event for the sheer novelty of something new, but I fear I'll hate it by the end for sinking too much time, AP, and stamina fruits and still coming up short of LB3 or, if I dare to dream, LB4 Selene. While I've got a good stockpile of stamina fruits I don't really think it will mean much in the long run when whales exist.

So really the question comes down to: How many total active CC players are there and how many of them are whales? I'll probably watch the rankings for the first few days to see if it's even worth making a shot at one of the top brackets and then retire in disgrace.

While conceptually I like the idea of players indirectly competing for rewards, this reward structure smacks of P2W. Because of how the base game is structured there would be elements of that regardless (players willing to pay more likely to have better characters), but this event looks like:

1.Open wallet.
2.Obtain stamina/ super stamina fruit.
3.???
4.Get all the Selenes if your wallet has more money than the other guy.

That link Rixa posted shows that Sega eventually changed the reward structure so you can get more copies of the event character solely through points which shows that they acknowledged that the reward structure for this event is awful. Would it be too much to ask of Gumi to alter the rewards to be more in line with the later events since it's obviously a problem? (Please don't answer that. It's a rhetorical question.)

I feel like this instance is especially egregious since LB0 Selene has such terrible stats. Maybe I'll change my view later. I mean, her stats are at least OK at LB1, though I doubt she'll be of much use to people who already have good ring characters. /end rant

elty

From my understanding the only way you can MLB her is if you use many stamina fruits (ie. pay money). I have 0 right now so I doubt I'll even bother.
Depends on how many, probably cheaper than trying to pull with real money.

Saw someone spend 2000 prysma for just 5 UR on forum.

chrono01

I only have 19x Stamina Fruit and I very rarely use them. I just never get lucky with the daily login [damn you, Arcana Coins/Gold!]. I'm doubtful I'll get anywhere close to max LB'ing Selene, and I'm definitely not going to put real-money into it.

Oh well. I'll collect one for completion-sake and just have fun with the event and see how it goes. I'm not going to stress too much over it. I know a lot of people play this game [well, a decent amount], with more AP than more [and thus, more gain per Stamina Fruit] and don't mind putting a lot of $$$ into it. I've pretty much come to terms that I will get an LB1 [maybe LB2/3] or Selene and that's it.

Is there a breakdown somewhere on Selena's stats when she is LB 1/2/3? I doubt that it will be possible to get the higher tiers whithout throwing $$$ at Gumi. You also have to compete with everyone using all of their stamina fruit.

Yaari

I could use fortune rings for stamina fruit but at the end of the day I don't think I like the game enough to grind my ass off.

Yaari

I wonder if I could get top 1500 if I just use my Prysma for it. After all, Prysma is a gamble and if I can guarantee myself a max LB character, that's always better than some LB0 5* that I pull from the gacha.

I might not have much Stamina fruit but I'm drowning in Rings and got 600 Prysma.

Quixzlizx

Unless I'm misunderstanding that news post, you need to not only be ranked in the top 1500, but also finish exactly at rank 1111 to MLB Selene.

LB0 for earning 50k conquest points
LB3 for finishing in the top 1500
MLB for finishing at special rank 1111 (the other special ranks won't work, because then you won't be in the top 1500)

So basically only one person on the server can MLB Selene :lol.

Fishious

Unless I'm misunderstanding that news post, you need to not only be ranked in the top 1500, but also finish exactly at rank 1111 to MLB Selene.

LB0 for earning 50k conquest points
LB3 for finishing in the top 1500
MLB for finishing at special rank 1111 (the other special ranks won't work, because then you won't be in the top 1500)

So basically only one person on the server can MLB Selene :lol.

Nah, you left out the copy you get for beating the final battle of the War Chronicle. So ordinary folks should be able to get that that copy plus the 50k conquest points one for LB1. So 1502 people can get up to 5 copies for MLB (those extra 2 people are rank 3333 & 5555).

Quixzlizx

Nah, you left out the copy you get for beating the final battle of the War Chronicle. So ordinary folks should be able to get that that copy plus the 50k conquest points one for LB1. So 1502 people can get up to 5 copies for MLB (those extra 2 people are rank 3333 & 5555).

Oh OK, I didn't know there was a copy at the end. Thanks for clarifying.

Fishious

Oh OK, I didn't know there was a copy at the end. Thanks for clarifying.

I can't blame you for missing that, it's one sentence in the middle of the giant blurb on the event. I wanted to make sure I didn't hallucinate that line before I replied and it took me a few minutes to find it despite being sure it was somewhere in there.

desverger

Day of the blade - tough was aptly named!

First stage is nothing special, don't be fooled.

Second stage has a lot of ogre bosses, 6 waves. Last wave has soldier characters like Lolleta coming at you. Take care of Toka and the healer gal first. Toka is dangerous because she might dash through the finish line with her special.

Third stage is 8 waves. Again, a lot of ogre bosses and the last wave has knight characters. There's Juliana and Lephret, and a buch of others. Juliana will buff the others so try to get her first, but Lephret is the most dangerous of the lot because her special hits a large area.

Yaari

Having issues running Gauntlet without getting wiped. Wasn't there some trick using low levels in your teams? I'd like to get a guaranteed reward by finishing it, but thus far I only managed to do so twice.

Azusa

Having issues running Gauntlet without getting wiped. Wasn't there some trick using low levels in your teams?

Its not confirmed. I usually try to gather some soldier magic point before killing the last enemy character. And wipe the next opponent main force with Coro AOE. I have two AOE character and it helps a lot. Also I always use Phoena and Juliana as subs to get some dmg reduction. Also if I see enemy Coro I nuke it ASAP. It's OK to use one soldier mana to nuke Coro.

Are there any favored 3 star mages? I think I have the majority of them and to be honest they're just cluttering so I thought about selling them right away..but I think it might be worth keeping one or two for a range team at some point. Bilgitto I'm keeping since I got her to 2LB, but everyone else is at level one.

Are there any favored 3 star mages? I think I have the majority of them and to be honest they're just cluttering so I thought about selling them right away..but I think it might be worth keeping one or two for a range team at some point. Bilgitto I'm keeping since I got her to 2LB, but everyone else is at level one.

Toto is worth keeping for his great flame enhance utility, even if you aren't running a mage team.

Quixzlizx

So who do you think the Kikuichimonji should go to? Do you think a LB0 Yoshitsugu is worthy enough? I don't even know if I'm going to get Sulstan if I can get a decent enough Selene. My soldiers right now are:

Yoshitsugu LB0
Coro LB2
Toka LB1

I do really like Toka's per-wave heal, but I figure Selene's healing ability would be a decent enough replacement. I don't really have room for both Selene and Sulstan, and LB0 Yoshitsugu's attack rating is comparable to MLB Sulstan. I don't know whether I should just get Sulstan anyway, or ignore Sulstan and MLB Lindsey because she has some unique utility with her air shielding and 1-mana special, or grab a couple copies of Tigre and just make sure I have 350 rings for Frau.

Of course, this assumes I can at least get Selene to LB3.

elty

Having issues running Gauntlet without getting wiped. Wasn't there some trick using low levels in your teams? I'd like to get a guaranteed reward by finishing it, but thus far I only managed to do so twice.

I usually run 1 Coro and 9 lv1s with the following strategy:

- lv63 + 9xlv1 will gives you lv 20s for your first opponent, lv50s for your last.,
- Avoid archer and mage with full screen attack.
- If your last enemy is a single row archer/mage, considered yourself lucky. Keep moving between top and bottom row to get free mana and heal. Kill after HP is nearly full and full mana. You can also do that to a full screen attacker but never stay on the same row because he will use the full screen. AI does not use full screen attack unless you are in his line of sight.
- if your opponent has 2 melee and 2 full screen attacker at the back, considered putting your Coro in the 3rd position. Coro will start in the bottom row so you can sneak her to the back and AE the archer/mage.
- Force quit, a lot

Doesn't mean I can finish the whole thing all the time, but about 70%. I hope things will be easier when I get Sonya up.

Does flame enchant do additional damage for non wood / ice enemy?

http://chain-chronicle-global.wikia.com/wiki/Toto
Temporarily boost attack power of all allies and give flame element.
I'm not sure on the excact number but i've heard some people say it's a 1.1X boost

The thing with Toto is that his skill allows you to get be independant of flame weapons/characters. Just swapping him in when there is a hard ice level in an event almost doubles your damage output.

Top Bottom