• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Rarutos

Just so you know - you're not alone, quite a few people have complained about this on facebook etc. I think they might be looking into it. Nothing to lose by putting in a ticket tho.

That's reassuring. Thanks! I put in one, just in case. I only did this event because Selene looked cool basically lol

chrono01

Added, I'm K76GAF! :)
I accepted, along with everyone else that sent me a Friend Request [I managed to make a few extra spots available by removing non-GAF members who haven't played in a while]. d(^_^)v

I'll try to make more space available, as I'd love to have as many GAF members on my Friend List as possible.

Kettch

I accepted, along with everyone else that sent me a Friend Request [I managed to make a few extra spots available by removing non-GAF members who haven't played in a while]. d(^_^)v

I'll try to make more space available, as I'd love to have as many GAF members on my Friend List as possible.

I sent a request if you manage to make more room. Name: Kettch

I don't have any level 80 friends yet, so it'd be a big help.

Yaari

Put in 2 stamina fruit for story progression. Was falling behind and heard the final part is pretty AP expensive.

garath

Yeah, I'm limiting myself to 2 fruits this run as well. Just focused on finishing the last two defender quests for the extra SSF.

elty

Beware of the 12am defend quest , the one before black fortress.it has bomber in 2 lanes in wave 2 or 3.
And also bomber during boss wave.

BJK

sigh gumi has the times wrong in PST on their information page, figures :(

We're in daylight savings time (PDT for Pacific time); Gumi announcements for Fever time use PST, with no DST adjustment.

Spent down my AP this afternoon during fever hour, and finally finished the map. Threw 10 enhancers at Selene and got a Great Success, so that was good timing.

45k score thus far, on pace for for a little over 70k, which is enough to net all the progressive rewards, and should be enough for LB3 / Top 7,500. As a F2P player, I'm tempted by the Top 1,500 reward...but I don't know how badly I want to chase pay players...

chrono01

Defend the Fifth Battlefield is amazing if you can do it. Only 12AP and you can get 2k+ points if four chests drop. Lots of bombers, though, and can be difficult depending on your team. It also takes a lot longer to complete, but if you want to get the most out of every Stamina Fruit, it might be worth considering.

Anyway, main event story complete [second Selene obtained]! Now all that's left is to farm points. I'm sitting at 209,808, so I should hopefully be okay for the Top 1500.

But you never can tell...

garath

I extended a little too much and spent an extra stamina fruit since I was so close to finishing the last defend quest. I've now completed all the story quests and all defend quests. I have 177k points and down to 4 stamina fruit and 5 SSF.

I guess I'll just burn down the SSF tomorrow since I don't think I'll play much Sat/Sun. If I miss a super fever, I'll be sad but whatever.

If I didn't get another point I'd MAYBE be in the top 1500 but I still think 230k+ is more of a guarantee.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Stupid game just ate a super stamina fruit 3 seconds before time up, refilled my AP but didn't extend my time :(

Sitting at 130k with story completed

Event is going along pretty smooth. Coropatillon is MVP as her ability makes the last Defend Quest's boss wave a cakewalk. By my estimations i'll be able to get ~260K points with my raw stamina fruit alone, maybe i'll even exchange some rings to get more but i doubt i'll need it.

Is the "super" fever time still a myth? I hope it won't appear as it could screw me over.

Oreoleo

Stupid game just ate a super stamina fruit 3 seconds before time up, refilled my AP but didn't extend my time :(
Ouch dude :( that makes 3 of us that have wasted one in some fashion so at least you're in good company!

I finished the campaign and got the bonus chests from all the free quests. Barring the level 50+ quests is popular opinion still that the 3rd battlefield defense quest is the best for farming points?

I finished the campaign and got the bonus chests from all the free quests. Barring the level 50+ quests is popular opinion still that the 3rd battlefield defense quest is the best for farming points?

If you can reliably clear the last defend quest you'll be able to get about the same amount of points for less stamina fruit. If you go back in this thread you can find the discussion.

I can't. My team can't hang with the level 50 quests.

That's a shame but it's not really a big deal. As long as you're able to keep pumping fruits in the event everyone can get <1500.

BTW, I actually wasn't expecting this when it was announced but I am really enjoying this event.

Avalt

Ouch dude :( that makes 3 of us that have wasted one in some fashion so at least you're in good company!

If your using 4 or more stamina fruit then Third Battlefield Defend Quest is best during fever time. I'm only using 2 fruits per fever event so I do the Lost Village Defend Quest as I'm not as pressed for time.
The 2 fruit per fever strategy is really going well for me. It has constantly increased my ranking. (Thou at around rank 500 my rank gains slowed down :p)

garath

That's a shame but it's not really a big deal. As long as you're able to keep pumping fruits in the event everyone can get <1500.

BTW, I actually wasn't expecting this when it was announced but I am really enjoying this event.

I'm enjoying the event too. Just wish it was shorter. Being able to dedicate this much time over a whole week to stay in the top tier is hard :/

Oreoleo

Yeah, this is my penance for being more interested in leveling as many different units as possible for their quests instead of a select few to max level. It worked out for me in the bomber quest a few weeks ago cause I was able to make a full ranged team but events like this and demon raids I come up short towards the end :( Between Selene and my LB2 Fuuko currently at lvl 37 hopefully by the next time something rolls around I'll be able to go all the way.

Thanks for the tips everyone. I've got a few SF/SSF fruits but not a whole stockpile like some of you, guess I'll just do the 4th battlefield defense quest (10AP/lvl43) for farming.

Miff

A graph has been added to horc.bitbucket.org
It seems to be getting a bit steeper as we approach the weekend.

elty

Third battle field all the way since it does not require attention. A few extra fruit spent is nothing - it is like 2 pulls.

garath

A graph has been added to horc.bitbucket.org
It seems to be getting a bit steeper as we approach the weekend.

Holy crap. That number 1 position with 1.3 mil.

The top 200-1000 is really competitive. It's like 1 fever time's worth of points shifting 200-300 ranks.

There aren't even 7500 people playing. Absolutely everyone has a shot at LB3. Just finish the quest.

Seeing the full spectrum, I'm going to be really disappointed if I don't get the top 1500. The weekend may kill me though :( sigh.

Holy crap. That number 1 position with 1.3 mil.

The top 200-1000 is really competitive. It's like 1 fever time's worth of points shifting 200-300 ranks.

There aren't even 7500 people playing. Absolutely everyone has a shot at LB3. Just finish the quest.

Seeing the full spectrum, I'm going to be really disappointed if I don't get the top 1500. The weekend may kill me though :( sigh.

This is how they get you to spend your money! PvP with moneyyyyy!

Avalt

I'm now rank 422 with 140607 pts. Rank 1500 is @ 83737 pts

For comparison, these were the points @ the 1500 rank at 6pm Eastern:
Wednesday ---> 54453 pts
Thursday ------> 83737 pts -----> +29284 pts

So about 30k points daily is needed to keep pace. Will no doubt get bigger on Saturday and Sunday as panic will set in for those just inside/outside of the cutoff.

Elija2

I'm currently at rank 160.

This event is totally doable for F2P players. It's a good thing I saved up my stamina fruit.

Yaari

Rank 141. So I dropped pretty quickly from 75 to 141 when I used 2 Stamina Fruits after all.
Surely that's a long way from 1500, but still.

Quixzlizx

I'm at rank 631, but I'm running low on fruit. I think i have 3 fruit and 4 SS fruit left. I'll probably get that 10 stamina fruit bundle since it's not much prysma.

elty

Actually... if people are expecting a spear raid then why using the A rank spear now? Wouldn't it make more sense to use the event one first?

Top Bottom