• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Miff

There's going to be a fair few broken phones on Monday.

Stopping in 10min. I'll be at +/- 350K I think.

Last fever coincides with my drive to work. That's going to be stressful lol.

Kettch

Hm, I think I probably didn't need to pick up the ssf package after all. Rank 272 now with 16 ssf left. Pretty surprised I got so far starting at account rank 34 and just 20 sfs from compensation and gauntlet. I guess hitting all the fever times and having Nimpha helped, but this really was doable FTP. If you'd told me beforehand that I could get MLB Selene with just 140 prysma I'd have been ecstatic.

Avalt

There's going to be a fair few broken phones on Monday.

Stopping in 10min. I'll be at +/- 350K I think.

Last fever coincides with my drive to work. That's going to be stressful lol.

^I do not think Selene is worth the risk of distracted driving :) But this event has been very tiring, can't wait to get back to farming rings.

chrono01

Yep, that's why Gumi didn't inform us. So we'd have to buy more fruits to stay competitive.

It's fine. If I have to use prysma to buy more fruits, that's just less prysma for pulls. I certainly won't be buying more to make up the difference.
Agreed.

I had 510 Prysma that I was saving for a 10+1 pull when Version 2 was released [if we get Version 2, that is]. Instead, I used a bit of it to purchase the 60/80 Prysma bundles. I won't be replacing the spent Prysma with purchased ones. I refuse to.

I just find it funny how Gumi follows the Japanese version only when it benefits them.

What's that? Version 2? Never heard of it.
Coropatiron obtainable as a raid drop? Nope, don't think so!
Juliana available from the Demon Coin gatcha. Sorry, not going to happen!

But having a 5x Fever Event to encourage people to SPEND SPEND SPEND, just days before the event ends? Gumi finally says "YES!".

Anyway, I have 4x Super Stamina Fruit and 8x Stamina Fruit. I'm currently sitting at just under 350,000 points, and I still don't feel safe. Speaking of, do we know when the event ends tomorrow? Will it be after the daily switches over or when it goes into the next day? I really wish Gumi were more forthcoming with actual times.

elty

Anyway, I have 4x Super Stamina Fruit and 8x Stamina Fruit. I'm currently sitting at just under 350,000 points, and I still don't feel safe. Speaking of, do we know when the event ends tomorrow? Will it be after the daily switches over or when it goes into the next day? I really wish Gumi were more forthcoming with actual times.

You would have a better idea tomorrow as those defend quest will have a X hour expiration mark.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
100k this session. Spent my last 3 SSF so pretty much a full 90 mins. Now on 340k so I might trickle that up to 400k over two more fevers

In hindsight I should have just used 10 prysma per AP restore, rather than buying two stamina fruit for 10 rings.

garath

Damn. Sounds like everyone is getting to the mid 300s. I did play a bit over this latest fever and got about 320k. Fingers crossed.

Enron

Banned
i just hit like 240k or so. Played for a solid 90 mins. will be shocked if im not in the top 1500 now.

Some of yall worrying at 300k or more simply because a bunch of folks in this thread are up there too - i somehow doubt you guys are the norm, haha. this afternoon i had 140k and that was good enough for 1536. I think so long as you play during fever time, you dont even have to go crazy and you'll be fine.

i just hit like 240k or so. Played for a solid 90 mins. will be shocked if im not in the top 1500 now.

Some of yall worrying at 300k or more simply because a bunch of folks in this thread are up there too - i somehow doubt you guys are the norm, haha. this afternoon i had 140k and that was good enough for 1536. I think so long as you play during fever time, you dont even have to go crazy and you'll be fine.

Yeah, right now I'm at rank 2500 with 81k points. I'm sure you guys past 300k are safe even if you don't spend all your fruits.

Aki-at

What voodoo magic are some of you guys doing to pull 100k? I only managed 44k on my last fever!

Also something that I figured out today that should give everyone a few extra seconds (It'll probably at to a minute in total) but remember to take the graphics off for the battles during fever time. You're character is going to go straight into his/her special without wasting some valuable seconds showing their portraits.

Also found Selene is EXTREMELY handy for gauntlet. Open up the first stage with her + 2 other attackers and Coro should give everyone a massive advantage over any other party you'll face. Always starting with 2 soldier mana.

chrono01

Yeah, right now I'm at rank 2500 with 81k points. I'm sure you guys past 300k are safe even if you don't spend all your fruits.
I see what you two are doing. Lure those of us 300k+ into a false sense of security only for you to overtake us in the last few moments.

WELL IT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN!

I'm onto you.

*spends Stamina Fruit as quickly as he can*

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.

Huh, according to the last update I was 2900 with 83k points o_O

I am currently at 98k points and will see where I am ranked after that.

What voodoo magic are some of you guys doing to pull 100k? I only managed 44k on my last fever!

Also something that I figured out today that should give everyone a few extra seconds (It'll probably at to a minute in total) but remember to take the graphics off for the battles during fever time. You're character is going to go straight into his/her special without wasting some valuable seconds showing their portraits.

Also found Selene is EXTREMELY handy for gauntlet. Open up the first stage with her + 2 other attackers and Coro should give everyone a massive advantage over any other party you'll face. Always starting with 2 soldier mana.

Well, in my defense the Chain Chronicle RNG has been shit to me, so I don't have any warrior class characters over 2*

Selene even with RB2 is light years better than the crap I already have.

I see what you two are doing. Lure those of us 300k+ into a false sense of security only for you to overtake us in the last few moments.

WELL IT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN!

I'm onto you.

*spends Stamina Fruit as quickly as he can*

That's right, I'm aiming to take all of you down!

Actually I might have been around 2800 rank. But now I'm at 2200 with 118k points.

Avalt

Ranks updated again, I am rank 246 with 319556 pts.

For comparison, these are the points @ the 1500 rank at 6pm Eastern:
Wednesday ---> 54453 pts
Thursday ------> 83737 pts -----> +29284 pts
Friday ------> 113503 pts -----> +29766 pts
Saturday ------> 184653 pts -----> +71150 pts

Daily change jumped to 71k pts
256,000 pts will be the absolute minimum for rank 1500 come Sunday @ 6pm if todays rate keeps up.

There also might be an additional fever time Sunday night or Monday morning (depending on your timezone)

Quixzlizx

I'm right at 300k points, and I'm rank 322. I'm not too worried, but I'm just about out of fruit, so I'm going to have to spend 80 more prysma for a batch of 10 fruit.

Well, in my defense the Chain Chronicle RNG has been shit to me, so I don't have any warrior class characters over 2*

Selene even with RB2 is light years better than the crap I already have.

As long as you finish the story content, you'll end up with LB3 Selene at your current pace. It shouldn't be hard to finish in the top 7500.

Also, there are quests (I forget which ones) that can get you Haruaki, a 3* soldier, and Audette, a 3* knight. You can also MLB the best 2* in the game (Dusty) from a free quest. You should also try and get at least one copy of Trystan from the fortune ring store before the end of June. For hardcore players, it's generally recommended to get him to at least LB3, but if you currently only have 2* soldiers, he'll still be a big upgrade for you.

Edit: You get Haruaki from Hideaway Village - Ogre Swordsman in the Mist
Audette: Craggy Pass - Sharp as a Spear
Dusty: Barrierboro - Station Quarrel

elty

Let's do some math... point increased after every great fever

1000th
1AM: 33K
8AM: 39K
3PM: 26K

1500th
1AM: 37K
8AM: 20K
3PM: 24K

2000th
1AM: 15K
8AM: 15K
3PM: 14K

So people > 2000h already give up. It seems it is settling down, since 3PM supposed to be a very popular time for playing (evening/night in Europe, Afternoon in America) yet the point gain is less than the earlier one. Most of the activity is from the < 1500 panicking to feel "secured".

chrono01

So people > 2000h already give up. Most of the panic is from the < 1500 crowd I guess.
Nah, they haven't given up. They're just biding their time for that last Fever so they can use all of their Super Stamina Fruit and increase in points by 300k.

/paranoid

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
As long as you finish the story content, you'll end up with LB3 Selene at your current pace. It shouldn't be hard to finish in the top 7500.

Also, there are quests (I forget which ones) that can get you Haruaki, a 3* soldier, and Audette, a 3* knight. You can also MLB the best 2* in the game (Dusty) from a free quest. You should also try and get at least one copy of Trystan from the fortune ring store before the end of June. For hardcore players, it's generally recommended to get him to at least LB3, but if you currently only have 2* soldiers, he'll still be a big upgrade for you.

Edit: You get Haruaki from Hideaway Village - Ogre Swordsman in the Mist
Audette: Craggy Pass - Sharp as a Spear
Dusty: Barrierboro - Station Quarrel

Can't beat the fifth battlefield with my team, so I will likely just RB2 unless I land on one of those random lucky ones with repeating number.

Regardless, even at RB2 and her Rank A weapon helps me further along than my current warrior. At least I can finally get past some mission roadblocks once I level her up enough.

garath

Ranks updated again, I am rank 246 with 319556 pts.

For comparison, these are the points @ the 1500 rank at 6pm Eastern:
Wednesday ---> 54453 pts
Thursday ------> 83737 pts -----> +29284 pts
Friday ------> 113503 pts -----> +29766 pts
Saturday ------> 184653 pts -----> +71150 pts

Daily change jumped to 71k pts
256,000 pts will be the absolute minimum for rank 1500 come Sunday @ 6pm if todays rate keeps up.

There also might be an additional fever time Sunday night or Monday morning (depending on your timezone)

Holy crap. Well I'm glad I managed to squeeze in some fever time today. Seeing the daily increase more than double is scary.

1500 rank jumped 44k this fever no? It was 140k now it's 184. If there's 4 more, that's 360k for rank 1500 at that pace.

I think there may only be 3 more though. It seems like it'll change with the normal daily cutover around 9-10pm est. So that's 1am, 8am and 3pm left.

Kreed

Nah, they haven't given up. They're just biding their time for that last Fever so they can use all of their Super Stamina Fruit and increase in points by 300k.

/paranoid

I don't see this happening. Today would have been the day for them to attempt this, not Sunday, especially with no guarantee of a third Fever time.

chrono01

I don't see this happening. Today would have been the day for them to attempt this, not Sunday, especially with no guarantee of a third Fever time.
Haha, I know. I was mostly joking.

Oh, and the scores were updated again. I'm Rank 164 with 348,659. I should be okay, assuming I can hit all of the remaining Fever Time. I'll probably spend a few Stamina Fruit tonight during the 5x, just in case we don't get it tomorrow.

Quixzlizx

Can't beat the fifth battlefield with my team, so I will likely just RB2 unless I land on one of those random lucky ones with repeating number.

Regardless, even at RB2 and her Rank A weapon helps me further along than my current warrior. At least I can finally get past some mission roadblocks once I level her up enough.

Have you sent friend invites to the people in this thread that have shared their friend codes? Having high-level friends might help you push further.

I'm 102,366,264, although let me know what your IGN is if it doesn't include GAF, since I'll just think you're a random otherwise.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

I threw a couple of prysma at the last event to restore my army and scrape through. Woe it for a guaranteed 5* card - you could do worst than sell it for 20 rings if you don't want to LB

elty

Until the following:

GUMI: Captains have already killed millions of black troops when taking over the Black Fortress! To celebrate this milestone the event will be extended for 3 more days, with 10X points during great fever. As a gameplay enhancement Super Stamina Fruit's quantity limit has been removed (20 prysma each) and can be used anytime to start a great fever.

/lol

Quixzlizx

Until the following:

GUMI: Captains have already killed millions of black troops when taking over the Black Fortress! To celebrate this milestone the event will be extended for 3 more days, with 10X points during great fever. As a gameplay enhancement Super Stamina Fruit's quantity limit has been removed (20 prysma each) and can be used anytime to start a great fever.

/lol

That message sounded eerily plausible.

Enron

Banned
wooo. rank 810. i think im safe so long as i play during fever hour!

Once again, im offering my lvl 60 Nimpha as help. Add me 137,540,302. But if you dont have GAF in your handle, let me know in here who you are. like quix said, don't want to help randoms!

Oreoleo

Once again, im offering my lvl 60 Nimpha as help. Add me 137,540,302. But if you dont have GAF in your handle, let me know in here who you are. like quix said, don't want to help randoms!
Request sent, names Oreo.

You Nimpha people are the bees knees.

Kreed

Until the following:

/lol

Then when Gumi tries to implement this, everyone gets server errors causing Gumi to take the server offline Sunday and end the event early. Everyone gets 2 Premium Tickets as compensation on Monday.

elty

Then when Gumi tries to implement this, everyone gets server errors causing Gumi to take the server offline Sunday and end the event early. Everyone gets 2 Premium Tickets as compensation on Monday.

More like: GUMI decides the event is not competitive (i.e. not make money) enough so they will revert back to the original JP version: top 50 for MLB only.

BJK

Friendly tip: Do NOT equip the Furnace blade yet. One of the next demon raids should be happening in the next few weeks. If it's Ael Gloon (who they skipped compared to the progression in JP), the special weapon that does extra damage to the raid will be a Class B Spear. Wait at least until after that Demon Raid ends before equipping any Class A weapon (so you don't have to overwrite it for a Demon-specific weapon).

In Version 2 of the game, you can switch between multiple equipped weapons on a character. Until then, equip at your own risk. I gave my Selene a Class B rapier (which you can get as a progressive reward from this event).

bonkeng

Hi, sent you a friend request.

Name: BonGAF

Elija2

Why am I just now finding out about this?

Elija2

I saw that option before but I left it on because I wasn't having performance problems. If I had known that it cuts out those dumb animations I would have turned it off ages ago.

Quixzlizx

Damn. I wanted to buy the 10 fruit pack for 80 prysma, but it's not available for me anymore. It wasn't gone the day I bought the first one, so I guess I should've done it then : \ I don't know whether 4 more will be enough, and I don't really want to spend 140 prysma for the 15-pack.

Enron

Banned
Damn. I wanted to buy the 10 fruit pack for 80 prysma, but it's not available for me anymore. It wasn't gone the day I bought the first one, so I guess I should've done it then : \ I don't know whether 4 more will be enough, and I don't really want to spend 140 prysma for the 15-pack.

Enjoy your 3LB selene!

Top Bottom