• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

garath

410k. That's all I can do. I had to beg borrow and steal for the time to even get that much this weekend. I'm definitely not doing the 1am fever so this is it. Hopefully it carries me through.

Welp, just barely broke 240k. Unless people really slow down, I don't think I'll be hitting 1500 without spending some money. And at this point I don't want to spend money just for an MLB Selene when I'm pretty much guaranteed an LB3 Selene.

chrono01

Welp, just barely broke 240k. Unless people really slow down, I don't think I'll be hitting 1500 without spending some money. And at this point I don't want to spend money just for an MLB Selene when I'm pretty much guaranteed an LB3 Selene.
To be fair, the difference between an LB3 and an LB4 Selene is pretty massive. That being said, I don't blame you for not wanting to spend money. I'd feel the same way in your situation.

Also, an LB3 Selene is in no way bad. You just won't break that 10k attack stat.

To be fair, the difference between an LB3 and an LB4 Selene is pretty massive. That being said, I don't blame you for not wanting to spend money. I'd feel the same way in your situation.

Also, an LB3 Selene is in no way bad. You just won't break that 10k attack stat.

Yeah I'm missing out on 1400 attack. But outside of really late wave demon raids, 8800 attack will serve me well. Honestly was considering ringing her for when Flaw comes out. But I realized there are 2 more ring characters between her and Trystan. Plenty of time to build up rings for her.

Finished on a nice even 500k. Glad to put this event to bed.

Now for everybody else to extend their last fever time by 3 hours and leave me in the dust while I'm asleep.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
400070. Missed the 1pm slot (stupid Kerbal space program), so finished on 394k after the 8pm fever, then did normal defense missions just to round it up.

When will the ranks update next?

Merun

400070. Missed the 1pm slot (stupid Kerbal space program), so finished on 394k after the 8pm fever, then did normal defense missions just to round it up.

Rank update is in 1 hour.

I just cleaned up my friend list. 9 slots available. I have no Nympha, but the rest should make you happy. ID: 127,790,346. Just mention if your username doesn't have a GAF or CF in it.

Avalt

In about an hour.

If I was Gumi I would introduce a 10x Fever for the very last one,... just to see the reactions the next morning :p

Yaari

Started out fun, became quite a chore over time. Glad it's over. I was, and still am, surprised at the lack of competition though. I'm used to much worse.

chrono01

Started out fun, became quite a chore over time. Glad it's over. I was, and still am, surprised at the lack of competition though. I'm used to much worse.
The trust competition lies with Love Live. Idols are serious business.

Speaking of, I have LP to burn.

Miff

470K and looking forward to the possibility of smashing these 4* enhancers all over a MLB Selene tomorrow. That and RSI-riddled hands.

Hope we all get what we aimed for. Must be stressful in the sub-1000 band about now.

The trust competition lies with Love Live. Idols are serious business.

Speaking of, I have LP to burn.

Is getting a high ranking in SIF events as draining as this CC event? I'm only playing SIF casually but if i had to compete like this every 2 weeks I'd just go crazy. o_O

chrono01

Is getting a high ranking in SIF events as draining as this CC event? I'm only playing SIF casually but if i had to compete like this every 2 weeks I'd just go crazy. o_O
Yes, it is. The events usually run for 10 days too. :/

It helps if you have a lot of LP [so you don't need to worry about wasting it while you sleep], and you don't need to restrict yourself to certain times to farm points. It does take quite a bit of dedication though, especially fi you want to go for the second/third SR rewards. Getting the standard SR isn't too difficult at all, though.

garath

470K and looking forward to the possibility of smashing these 4* enhancers all over a MLB Selene tomorrow. That and RSI-riddled hands.

Hope we all get what we aimed for. Must be stressful in the sub-1000 band about now.

Yeah. I've completely stopped leveling trystan to save everything for Selene. Gonna be all over that if I mlb her

Elija2

Currently at rank 347 with only one more fever time to go. I think I'm safe, but I'll use up the rest of my stamina fruit in the last fever just to me sure.

Avalt

Ranks updated! I'm rank 213 with 434323 pts.

For comparison, these are the points @ the 1500 rank at 6pm Eastern:
Wednesday ---> 54453 pts
Thursday ------> 83737 pts -----> +29284 pts
Friday ------> 113503 pts -----> +29766 pts
Saturday ------> 184653 pts -----> +71150 pts
Sunday ------> 280043 pts -----> +95390 pts

Daily change is at 95k pts. Per Fever Change is at around 27k-36k pts
If this keeps up for the last Fever, then 317k pts should be the minimum for rank 1500. Folks in the 400k range should be safe.

Good Luck Everyone!!!

garath

Woo. Sitting at rank 277. Looking good for the 350k+ group.

It would be quite a feat for enough people to get over 50k in the next fever to push the average up to anything near 350.

That's assuming there isn't another surprise fever or something.

chrono01

I'm now Rank 113 with 475,094 points. Rank 1500 is 280,043 points. That's a little under 200k between 1500 and myself. Even if the person at 1500 used 5x Super Stamina Fruit to extend beyond the hour, I can't see them earning 200,000 points. And even if they did, I'll earn a few more thousand points myself during the last Fever, which should bring me close to 500k.

I shouldn't need to use any more Stamina Fruit, and yet...I'm tempted...

If this keeps up for the last Fever, then 317k pts should be the minimum for rank 1500. Folks in the 400k range should be safe.

It seems that the biggest threat of this whole event were our combined efforts of overestimating the required points needed. Rip my fruits X.X

Thanks for your posts BTW, they've been really helpful and reasurring.

I'm rank 30 with 615,524 points. I didn't even hit a fever time until the Friday night slot. There must not be as many people playing this game as I thought. I wonder if there is much of a future for it?

Avalt

I'm rank 30 with 615,524 points. I didn't even hit a fever time until the Friday night slot. There must not be as many people playing this game as I thought. I wonder if there is much of a future for it?

There is less then 30,000 people ranked for this events, even thou the prize brackets go all the way to rank 300,000. Maybe its hard to find for many? No idea.

Yaari

I'm at 420k, puts me at 253. I would have expected to be within 150-200 range, but it is what it is. I don't see people suddenly pulling the numbers to catch up to me, so I should still be in a good 600-800 range tomorrow.

All in all it has been worth the 60 Prysma and 100 Rings. I should still be able to max Frau when she comes around too.

This OT is actually getting way more posts then it should if you compare it to the amount of attention the game gets everywhere else on the internet. I think I saw someone mention it once outside of this thread in my 4 months of playing this game.
It's probably a combination of Gumi, the grindy gameplay and the gacha rates that makes newcomers lose interest after a while.
The handfull of diehard players that do make it through the starting phase and are well informed (i.e. being aware of the fact that this event is even going on since it's hidden) are then able to rank pretty highly in this event. It actually creates an even bigger gap between newcomers and players who have been around for a while.

Rank 30 is still insane though, Grats.

Kreed

There is less then 30,000 people ranked for this events, even thou the prize brackets go all the way to rank 300,000. Maybe its hard to find for many? No idea.

If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have ever found the event so it's not really surprising. If the average player is anything like me, they clicked the top banner, completed what ever events were in the event section, and went back to questing thinking they were done. I don't understand Gumi's reasoning for keeping that banner out of view the entire week. At the very least they should have moved it on Friday to take advantage of players who would spend Prysma trying to catch up.

I'm rank 88. I'm pretty pleased I got there using one fever time a day, save for a couple half assed ones while in work.

It'd be nice if GUMI gave a guaranteed "great success" for everybody limit breaking and enhancing Selene tomorrow as a bonus for slogging through this. Although shortly after pigs would fly.

Ranks updated! I'm rank 213 with 434323 pts.

For comparison, these are the points @ the 1500 rank at 6pm Eastern:
Wednesday ---> 54453 pts
Thursday ------> 83737 pts -----> +29284 pts
Friday ------> 113503 pts -----> +29766 pts
Saturday ------> 184653 pts -----> +71150 pts
Sunday ------> 280043 pts -----> +95390 pts

Good Luck Everyone!!!

Based on this math and at rank 446, I think I'm partially safe at 375k...

garath

I'm at 420k, puts me at 253. I would have expected to be within 150-200 range, but it is what it is. I don't see people suddenly pulling the numbers to catch up to me, so I should still be in a good 600-800 range tomorrow.

All in all it has been worth the 60 Prysma and 100 Rings. I should still be able to max Frau when she comes around too.

I ended up using 100 prysma. 80 for the stamina fruit and 20 for stamina refreshes today. I still have 2 SSF. They are only really useful for the end of the fever and I rarely had time to extend my playtime. I was getting cross eyed after an hour anyways lol.

If I MLB her with my 410k points, I consider it 100 prysma well spent.

Of course I used all 25 of my pre-existing stamina fruit too. But hey, whatever. lol

I'm rank 88. I'm pretty pleased I got there using one fever time a day, save for a couple half assed ones while in work.

It'd be nice if GUMI gave a guaranteed "great success" for everybody limit breaking and enhancing Selene tomorrow as a bonus for slogging through this. Although shortly after pigs would fly.

Rank 178 with 447k. Next week will the level up Selene week.

Watch them release the spear demon raid next week. :/

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Heh, my rank went down by 5 with doing very little.

I take it that most people post 2000 dont care anymore (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))

Absolutely, they couldn't have made this event any harder to find.

I think that is a good thing, if they did, it would be very very competitive.

garath

409K point and in 282. I don't see 1219 people suddenly fire up and push me down to 1501.... will it?

It better not. I will have a broken phone if that happens lol.

I think we're safe. We are talking about hundreds of people that somehow manage to get over 120k in this last fever. Sure maybe one or two nuts will do it but not enough to push out the 400k crowd.

elty

It better not. I will have a broken phone if that happens lol.

I think we're safe. We are talking about hundreds of people that somehow manage to get over 120k in this last fever. Sure maybe one or two nuts will do it but not enough to push out the 400k crowd.

I am getting 1200 point more so at least if I go down, I will go down with you and rage quit together. :)

Absol

What the fuck. Another daily log in bonus just popped up. Opened it and it was a prysma, looked in my gift box and it turned into another arcana coin (I already redeemed the old one).

elty

I think I got bogus login bonus 4 times a day once.

How is everyone going to level up Selene - just keep running SoB?

Quixzlizx

What the fuck. Another daily log in bonus just popped up. Opened it and it was a prysma, looked in my gift box and it turned into another arcana coin (I already redeemed the old one).

Just ignore any of them after the first one. I've already trained myself.

I'm pretty much stopping at 344k points at rank 712. If there is 1 more 5x before the event is over I'll hit that up also just to be safe, but I feel fairly confident that I will get to MLB Selene.

I started this event expecting to just get e LB3 Selene because I'm F2P (I did buy heavily discounted prysma around when the game first launched, but that is not to be used until v2). I have only ever used the tavern summon once for the tutorial so I don't have anything special. I did most of the event with the following team:

Main:
Lv70 LB2 Lindsey
Lv70 LB2 Coropatillon
Lv40 LB3 Trystan (I have enough rings for LB4 but need to save just in case Lindsey returns)
Lv50 LB0 Noel
Sub:
Lv40 LB0 Hero
Lv1 LB1 Selene

After the first day, I easily landed in the top 600 rank, which was quite surprising. I kept cruising through the event, easily staying in rank 500-800 for the next few days. On Friday, I decided that there was no risk of my losing the top 1,500 so I took my feet off the gas and took the night off. The next day I checked my rank and i dropped to around 1,300 and learned that they threw a monkey wrench into my plan by adding 5x.

After having a taste for blood with MLB Selene within my grasp, I pretty much went ham and dropped most of my Stamina Fruit/Super Stamina Fruit stock pile (around 30) into every 5x fever time afterwords, even setting my alarm so I can do the one at 5AM PST.

I pretty much felt like Client Eastwood trying to get the kids off his lawn since the 5x started but I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Kettch

Rank update is in 1 hour.

I just cleaned up my friend list. 9 slots available. I have no Nympha, but the rest should make you happy. ID: 127,790,346. Just mention if your username doesn't have a GAF or CF in it.

I tossed a request your way, thanks.

Also I accepted a pair of gaffers on my list. If you sent them a while ago, apologies for the wait. Wasn't intentional, you get a long list with Nimpha lead.

My score ended up at 414k. Didn't bother using any fruits these last two fevers, since I think I'm safe.

bonkeng

Just used up my last fruit. Now sitting at 390k. Im pretty confident that at worst, I'll be in the 800-1,000. There's just no way 1000 people suddenly gains 100k points in a fever. It didnt happen at 1500 even in a day (3 fevers).

NightDX

Neo Member
Sorry for the wall of text...

Honestly I don't think Selene is good enough to warrant the amount of work amr stamina fruits needed to get her MLB.

Her stack stat is massive at 10200 but her abilities aren't that good since mana taining doesn't activate in the subs(which makes her useless for me for gauntlet), the only good thing about her is the 21% heal but again i prefer toka team heal. The nail in the coffin is that her skill costs 3 mana which I don't like at all especially if its not some kind of aoe.

I lost the first 3 fever times and didn't play during the weekend but even if I did get The 5th Selene I'll probably ring all of them.

I need rings for Lyndsey and Frau. Also since so many people got the MLB Selene I'll be able to lend her during Aek Gloom demon raid.

Top Bottom