• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

garath

So no final rankings. We just get to wait patiently for up to 48 hours for the rewards to be distributed. Dammit Gumi.

The new event coming right after is nice. More freaking Nimpha farming though. I am sorely regretting not rerolling until I got a Nimpha. :/

I haven't gotten Mei yet either. Used half my AP on the arcana one with no 4th chest and the other half on 3 tries at Mei with no 4th chest. Going to be a long week I think.

No more stamina fruit usage for me though!

Anyone tried the normal recruit pull now that it's supposed to have blacksmith stuff?

edit: did a 10 pull twice.. all crap.

garath

I really don't have the cost for this. I can have 4 UR in my party now, but that's with Dusty and his super low 4 cost in the party. I definitely can't replace Melvina with Mei right now even if I get her without making some changes.

I guess I can just take an UR out of the sub party and just have a couple 3*s in there.

desverger

And so the hunt for Mei begins...

It does! Don't be fooled though, this is a pure RNG event. Some of us will walk away with a MLB, some will not get a single copy. At least demon raids had a few guaranteed copies for those with rotten luck.

Mei seems great if you're still using a Latty or a Melvina, and run a decent soldier team. I'm gonna try and farming her this week, dailies be damned..

The other event arcana, Hannya seems .. strange, though. I would not pull for her, even though she is global exclusive. The 100% ATK isn't particulary strong when paired with a huge, 70% damage increase. You'll have to have another character tanking for her, and micro her out of every special if you want her to live.

Yaari

I'm tempted in one way because I'd never know what I would have gotten if I don't try. On the other hand he makes an excellent point about the other quest which yields great Arcane Coins.

Not sure what to do with it.

Pretty lame that we have to wait long for the rankings in the Selene event btw. That's just ridiculous to wait 2 days for it.

desverger

Dont expect shit from this event :p.

Sounds like demon raid drop rates, so around 1% or something. Of course, that will not stop people from saying "omg I did 1 run and Mei dropped" :p

And yeah, seems like the problem here is you need multiple copies.

This event here is living proof of why I don't really like pure RNG events. With a low-enough drop rate and nothing guaranteed, someone is bound to be left without a copy, even if they farm all day and night.

I'm tempted in one way because I'd never know what I would have gotten if I don't try. On the other hand he makes an excellent point about the other quest which yields great Arcane Coins.

Not sure what to do with it.

Pretty lame that we have to wait long for the rankings in the Selene event btw. That's just ridiculous to wait 2 days for it.

I'm worried with the amount of AC everyone is hoarding, Gumi won't introduce the 2k AC pull in v2.

Oh, and in Brave Frontier, the time it took to calculate results for a similar kind of event was 1 week :p

The other event arcana, Hannya seems .. strange, though. I would not pull for her, even though she is global exclusive. The 100% ATK isn't particulary strong when paired with a huge, 70% damage increase. You'll have to have another character tanking for her, and micro her out of every special if you want her to live.

How much mana does his skill cost? I'm not sure but using the invulnerability frames of skill usage (if that applies to him) allows him to dodge the bigger attacks. If you equip him with a strong weapon he'd also be over 20K attack.

That is if you're able to MLB him wich is impossible since his gacha rate is so low. Kinda proves that only event units are actually viable.

garath

You might just need to update the game.

That was it. I am on Android and there was an update waiting. Updated the game and now I have my ranking - 462. Success. MLB get.

I'm really curious what the 1500 mark was. I definitely needed to play over the weekend. The 250k I had Friday would not have been enough. I don't regret the weekday work I put in though, I stayed in the 200-500 rank pretty much the entire time. I was even in the low 100s once. It made it pretty easy to stay above the curve. I only had one full fever time over the weekend, rest was 30 min here and 20 min there.

desverger

How much mana does his skill cost? I'm not sure but using the invulnerability frames of skill usage (if that applies to him) allows him to dodge the bigger attacks. If you equip him with a strong weapon he'd also be over 20K attack.

2 mana. Not spammable at least :p

go to > Menu > Scenarios > War Chronicle and check you rank!

Nice. Rank 504 with 406k points. I suppose I went a little crazy with the points in the end, but better to be safe than sorry.

I also noticed you can replay the story dialogue from there. I might check it out later. The few lines I read outside fever times were pretty funny :p

Kettch

People are saying the gauntlet sub heal trick got removed from android as well with this latest patch. That's gonna hurt my strategy a lot. Probably not gonna get the last 700 honor points anymore unless I'm really lucky or reset a ton.

Huh, I was interested in the Mei event until I saw the level for it. Nope, not going to bother.

Reminds me of the 25AP quest that JPCC has for getting a past fortune ring character. Lots of despair there but at least they are only level 25!

garath

Rank 400 with 410I point.

Hmm.. I'm 462 but I had around 413k points. Weird.

Huh, I was interested in the Mei event until I saw the level for it. Nope, not going to bother.

Reminds me of the 25AP quest that JPCC has for getting a past fortune ring character. Lots of despair there but at least they are only level 25!

I found it pretty easy. It's on par with the 4th battlefield defend quest in the event. Just have to watch out for the thieves moving fast and trying to bypass your characters and the last wave has a ton of healers come out.

Gizuko

This quest should be monthly, I really didn't think the rates would be this low with people having copies of her already.

I do think she is worth getting, though, people seem to mind AC way too much, and rings aren't exactly scarce in jpCC. I'm sitting at 515 FR and I have wasted 680 + random pulls for Ruuno. Considering I was at 400-500 two months ago and didn't exactly farm ACs - Though I did get 100+ from awakening missions (LBing characters).

Getting Mei is a big gamble, and its true 4* Marina is great, but we don't know when Lilith will come, much less v2. Also, getting Lilith drop will be a gamble as well (and not a "free" one).

EDIT:

It's harder than the 25AP quest, but it isn't level 50-hard by any means. Do get a poison curing cleric, though.

EDIT2:
Just asked someone for duration. Estimated at 30 seconds with 3-4 seconds in between. Would be great if someone can confirm.

All things considered, I'm not even sure if I want her to replace my lvl50 Noel. I just like my big 1.1k ticks even though it cost 2 manas and only last 20 seconds.

Sorry, missed your response.
Damn, 30 seconds is... Definitely not as bad as I feared (considering the mana cost), but much worse than I had hoped for. 50 would be the sweet spot, 60 would break her.

Got somewhere in the 3000's...that means I get 2 UR cards right? With that I'll be able to MLB her, woo!

As for this new event, not even sure if I wanna go through it but eh, I'll give it a shot.

garath

Got somewhere in the 3000's...that means I get 2 UR cards right? With that I'll be able to MLB her, woo!

As for this new event, not even sure if I wanna go through it but eh, I'll give it a shot.

Yeah, you'll get 2 cards but that won't be enough for a MLB, just LB3 which is still good!

You get two cards from the event - one for 50k points, one for the final story reward. Then the two from your rank gives you LB3.

Rixa

I have 0. That one friend in my list has MLB...
With 27 fruits used.

bB0iyej.jpg

But I was at 1247 or something in War Chronicle and will get my MLB Selene.

Yeah, you'll get 2 cards but that won't be enough for a MLB, just LB3 which is still good!

You get two cards from the event - one for 50k points, one for the final story reward. Then the two from your rank gives you LB3.

Ahh, I was counting the initial card for some reason. >_<

Does anyone know if clearing your phone's cache affects this game in anyway?

garath

Rank 1334 with about 344k points. Cutting it closer than I would like, dropped over 500 rank by missing the last fever time.

Ah man. I would have made it with my 350k prior to Sunday afternoon's fever time. I could have saved a few fruit. Oh well. I suspected but it seemed too close for comfort.

garath

So the way to go for the next week is farming arcana points?

When can we expect v2 so I can use that new 2,000 arcana rolls?

My plan is try for Mei a couple days, farm for arcana a couple days, just do Warrior daily tomorrow for Selene leveling.

Arcana will be good.... eventually. It's hard to see that far out though. Version 2 HAS to be getting close now but still no idea when it'll hit.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
My rank was just under 2,100. Pretty awesome!!

Not as high as many of you, but it was the best I could do with my underleveled, underpowered team. The event definitely taught me to focus more on priorities, which is to max out my current team's levels and weapons, rather than my current undisciplined path.

Top Bottom