• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

garath

Wow. That's insane.

I still haven't even seen one. I didn't use anything though, just natural stamina.

I am so sick of running the level, I can only imagine you.

elty

Wow. That's insane.

I still haven't even seen one. I didn't use anything though, just natural stamina.

I am so sick of running the level, I can only imagine you.

High five,. I can't believe I prefer Selene event way more than this.

Looks like GUMI is pretty smart overall by releasing three things in a row

Selene to burn all the fruits
Mei to burns all the prysma and rings
Lilithto burn your money

Question how do you use mei effectively for healing?

High five,. I can't believe I prefer Selene event way more than this.

Looks like GUMI is pretty smart overall by releasing three things in a row

Selene to burn all the fruits
Mei to burns all the prysma and rings
Lilithto burn your money
Lucky, I did not to go all out and I lave mlb melv which is good enough for now.

desverger

Yeah, fuck this Mei quest. Most annoying shit I've had to deal with in ages in a game.

The drop chance is less than 1% for sure. And this is an event that lasts for a week?

Any programmer worth their salt knows that pseudo-random number generation that uses chances below 1% is well prone to an error, and as such, needs a failsafe for people who get screwed by RNG. This is why you see guaranteed copies during certain level intervals in demon raids, or a guaranteed demon every X pulls in jpcc demon gacha. However, this event has no failsafe. You might run this 3000 times and never get a copy.

Gumi is just greedy and desperate. There is no other explanation. Don't fool yourselves with the "celebration" of something that happened over 1,5 months ago.

Azusa

Finally done with Mei. Had to use 220 Prysma (Outside of the already mentioned 200 Rings and 15 Stamina Fruit).

So I still have 480 Prysma left. I'm cool with that.

I see you ranked up a bit. How? I want to rankup a few ranks to increase my party cost.

Gizuko

Yeah, fuck this Mei quest. Most annoying shit I've had to deal with in ages in a game.

The drop chance is less than 1% for sure. And this is an event that lasts for a week?

Any programmer worth their salt knows that pseudo-random number generation that uses chances below 1% is well prone to an error, and as such, needs a failsafe for people who get screwed by RNG. This is why you see guaranteed copies during certain level intervals in demon raids, or a guaranteed demon every X pulls in jpcc demon gacha. However, this event has no failsafe. You might run this 3000 times and never get a copy.

Gumi is just greedy and desperate. There is no other explanation. Don't fool yourselves with the "celebration" of something that happened over 1,5 months ago.

I do agree with you at this point: jpCCs monthly Ring character free quest works the same way however, it lasts a month, the rewards are 3 2* enhancers, the level req is about half this one and you can even forget about it, since the featured arcana was already released before in the FR exchange so it isn't quest-exclusive.

Imo, Gumi thought they could pull it off as well, but didn't factor all the points I stated above. They must really be thinking "what did we do wrong?".

I bet they even got some code out of that free quest.

desverger

I do agree with you at this point: jpCCs monthly Ring character free quest works the same way however, it lasts a month, the rewards are 3 2* enhancers, the level req is about half this one and you can even forget about it, since the featured arcana was already released before in the FR exchange so it isn't quest-exclusive.

Imo, Gumi thought they could pull it off as well, but didn't factor all the points I stated above. They must really be thinking "what did we do wrong?".

I bet they even got some code out of that free quest.

I think it's proven gumi is either not able, or not allowed to make code changes. All the events we've had, have been exact copies of identical events in jpcc, and the only tweaks have been to drop rates, unit levels or similar data.

As such, your theory reasonable - this event is also a copy of jpcc's monthly quest - but tuned up with a gumi-level generosity.

I think it's also believable Gumi also changed the coro raid in such a way that the gold chest droprate was 0%.

garath

Yeah. This mei quest is crap. I still haven't seen her. At least 3/4 of my daily stamina had gone to her every day with nothing. I give.

Gizuko

i blew all of my rings on the last one so i haven't even gotten to try, what's a good way to farm rings?

Just noticed. I think the 4AP quest in Winged Heights is the best there is right now. The RNG seems a bit worse than Fruits of Research, in the sage's tower, but it is also 4AP vs 6AP.

elty

Don't fool yourselves with the "celebration" of something that happened over 1,5 months ago.

It is their celebration, and the celebrate by watching
- people losing sleep for Selene event
- people thought they are safe, then introduce a 5X time
- create a 1% drop rate quest so 90% of the player base will not get anything in a reasonable timeframe
- make that quest difficult so people cannot auto
- and for those who is lucky and dedicate enough, Lilith!

lol

garath

It is their celebration, and the celebrate by watching
- people losing sleep for Selene event
- people thought they are safe, then introduce a 5X time
- create a 1% drop rate quest so 90% of the player base will not get anything in a reasonable timeframe
- make that quest difficult so people cannot auto
- and for those who is lucky and dedicate enough, Lilith!

lol

Really it does seem so nefarious when you put it that way. Now with mlb trystan and Selene with a coro and Lindsey on the side, the healer is the real missing link. Evil.

Kettch

They really screwed up this Mei event. Not the incredibly small drop rate or the long difficult quest, I'm fine with those. It's the combination of those two along with it only lasting a week that's the problem. I've gone through about 25 fruits so far spending all my free time running it and I'm at one copy. I'd like to spend my 600 prysma as well, but I'm not actually going to have enough time.

The quest needed to cost double the ap with double the drop rate at least for this to be reasonable.

Holy crap the Phoena quest was tough! Went through all 4 of my revival fruits and had to use an additional 20 prysma on that last ridiculous wave.

Some good rewards though, x8 3* enhancers and 8x 3* weapon enhancers. Glad to finally have her party buff.

Rixa

Holy crap the Phoena quest was tough! Went through all 4 of my revival fruits and had to use an additional 20 prysma on that last ridiculous wave.

Some good rewards though, x8 3* enhancers and 8x 3* weapon enhancers. Glad to finally have her party buff.

Yes I heard its tough. Thats why I have now oever 10 revival fruits :). Tho my Phoena is only 31/65. So it takes some time to start that quest :D.

About that Mei event. F*ck off Gumi.

Yeah the Mei event is some next level fuckery. After looking at the feedback on their fb page it makes me wonder if there will be a compensation Mei similar to to Coro.

Absol

I wouldn't be as salty with the Mei event if the other rewards aren't as shit but no. We an event that cost 12 ap, gives 250 exp, first two chests are fucking gold and arcana coins, third chest which is almost as rare as the fourth chest and its a fucking two star enhancement. Like what the fuck is this.

desverger

They really screwed up this Mei event. Not the incredibly small drop rate or the long difficult quest, I'm fine with those. It's the combination of those two along with it only lasting a week that's the problem. I've gone through about 25 fruits so far spending all my free time running it and I'm at one copy. I'd like to spend my 600 prysma as well, but I'm not actually going to have enough time.

The quest needed to cost double the ap with double the drop rate at least for this to be reasonable.

Be happy with 1 copy! That's more than most of us have.

And yeah, making something 50% harder with 50% less rewards is the gumi logic for global.

Yeah the Mei event is some next level fuckery. After looking at the feedback on their fb page it makes me wonder if there will be a compensation Mei similar to to Coro.

No chance in hell lol. We're looking at maybe 1 stamina fruit compensation, if any.

Quixzlizx

I wouldn't be as salty with the Mei event if the other rewards aren't as shit but no. We an event that cost 12 ap, gives 250 exp, first two chests are fucking gold and arcana coins, third chest which is almost as rare as the fourth chest and its a fucking two star enhancement. Like what the fuck is this.

That's how I feel about it. It's like all of your AP for the week down the drain depending on how lucky you get with the 4th chest, considering the rest of the rewards are garbage.

Kettch

Be happy with 1 copy! That's more than most of us have.

And yeah, making something 50% harder with 50% less rewards is the gumi logic for global.

No chance in hell lol. We're looking at maybe 1 stamina fruit compensation, if any.

Yeah, I'm not complaining about my RNG or anything. It's just that I'm going to have trouble physically running the quest the 500+ times I'm gonna need to MLB her. Basically I'm trying to give them money, but I'm not gonna be able to because they setup the quest stupidly.

Finally got my second copy though at least, gonna need a really lucky last 1.5 days though to finish it.

Fishious

Alright, MLB Mei get!

Took me a total of 301 runs. Drops obtained on runs 58, 192, 264, 281, and 301. I got pretty lucky at the end and assuming 1% drop rate I came out significantly better than expected. A good thing too because I ran out of stamina fruit and had started converting rings. I used Nympha friends for most of the runs, but the increased drop barely amounts to anything with such a low rate so I doubt that really factored in much.

Even with Lilith announced I decided to MLB Mei because I figured I'd have better odds with this and I could "pay" for Mei with non prysma resources. Still, that took a lot of time even though I could 2x auto most of it. And I spent way more stamina fruit than I did on Selene. Now I've got Selene, Mei, Phoena, and Trystan to level...

Yaari

Grats! Yeah, Nimpha did absolutely nothing in this one haha. I might have been better off using a stronger lead to clear the stages faster.

desverger

Alright, MLB Mei get!

Took me a total of 301 runs. Drops obtained on runs 58, 192, 264, 281, and 301. I got pretty lucky at the end and assuming 1% drop rate I came out significantly better than expected. A good thing too because I ran out of stamina fruit and had started converting rings. I used Nympha friends for most of the runs, but the increased drop barely amounts to anything with such a low rate so I doubt that really factored in much.

Even with Lilith announced I decided to MLB Mei because I figured I'd have better odds with this and I could "pay" for Mei with non prysma resources. Still, that took a lot of time even though I could 2x auto most of it. And I spent way more stamina fruit than I did on Selene. Now I've got Selene, Mei, Phoena, and Trystan to level...

I should say grats, but all I'm seeing how broken this event is.. I swear I've done over 301 runs (dropped 15 stam fruits and all my stamina this week for it), and I have 0 copies to show for it. It doesn't make any sense at all that someone can MLB Mei in 301 tries.

This event is really sucking out all the fun I had in this game. It's just so bad and cheap.

Fishious

I should say grats, but all I'm seeing how broken this event is.. I swear I've done over 301 runs (dropped 15 stam fruits and all my stamina this week for it), and I have 0 copies to show for it. It doesn't make any sense at all that someone can MLB Mei in 301 tries.

This event is really sucking out all the fun I had in this game. It's just so bad and cheap.

Yeah, I'll in no way say that this event is fair at all. Some people get Mei in just a few runs and others never see her after hundreds. This event either needed a higher drop rate, a longer run time, or guaranteed rewards after a certain number of no drop runs.

I didn't track how many stamina fruit I used, but it was definitely 30+ and I put almost all my stamina this week into this quest as well. I also ran the one that drops Ioh so I could sell him for rings, then get more stamina fruit. Assuming you have enough AP for 6 runs like me, used all your AP without letting it overfill, and used 15 stamina fruit you should have been able to do ~180 runs, not counting any rank ups. Still an awful amount of runs to do with no drop.

No Mei so far either. Only gotten the enhancer twice as well. No idea why that one is so rare too. Only wanted Mei to sell her anyways, so I'm not too worried about missing her. But it does seem absurd how rare she is that I can't even get her once.

garath

Still no mei. Got the stupid hammer at least. That was pretty damn rare too. The rewards were much better and I didn't even have to look at the screen though.

Teddified

Is it safe to put a Rank A weapon on my Coro? And what other weapon types would it be ok to do Rank A at this point? Don't want to be stuck with a rank A when a Demon Raid comes along.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
tried a few times on Mei but I'm burned out on the Selene quest so I don't think I'll do the Mei one anymore. Doesn't help that my team aren't good enough to beat it without major handholding - and often a prysma to revive.

Just going to go back to cleaning up non-story quests from the main areas for a while.

Rixa

Is it safe to put a Rank A weapon on my Coro? And what other weapon types would it be ok to do Rank A at this point? Don't want to be stuck with a rank A when a Demon Raid comes along.

I would wait with A-rank weapon. Supposedly we are soon getting mace / hammer raid. So if you have already put A-rank weapon to Coro, it sucks to either use it or change it to raid weapon.

I save A-rank weapons for V2 before putting them to units.

Teddified

I would wait with A-rank weapon. Supposedly we are soon getting mace / hammer raid. So if you have already put A-rank weapon to Coro, it sucks to either use it or change it to raid weapon.

I save A-rank weapons for V2 before putting them to units.

Yeah I've been saving up all my A-ranks, but they take up space so I was curious if it would be wise to use them. I guess I'll just save them up for now then.

elty

I think it is safe to use A rank sword and staff since we already have demon raid for those.... hopefully V2 will come before they reappear?

CC 1 million download celebration = "a hard, tedious quest with low drop rate so that you have 30%+ chance of not getting it even if you do it 100 times"
FFRK just because they can celebration = "free mythril for 10 days"

FFRK is much more fun at this point I don't even have time to play gauntlet anymore.

First time I've ever seen one of these.
CkezTgO.png

garath

I think it is safe to use A rank sword and staff since we already have demon raid for those.... hopefully V2 will come before they reappear?

CC 1 million download celebration = "a hard, tedious quest with low drop rate so that you have 30%+ chance of not getting it even if you do it 100 times"
FFRK just because they can celebration = "free mythril for 10 days"

FFRK is much more fun at this point I don't even have time to play gauntlet anymore.

Lol seriously. I actually greatly prefer CC for some strange reason, I just wish it was more forgiving for f2p players.

Yaari

I lost interest in FFRK quite quickly. It's fun for nostalgia but it felt very linear to me. But I can see why people like it I guess. Oh well, I got enough mobile games as it is.

I lost interest in FFRK quite quickly. It's fun for nostalgia but it felt very linear to me. But I can see why people like it I guess. Oh well, I got enough mobile games as it is.
One of the things I hated is how quickly the stamina recharges and how long each dungeon is. For chain of chronicles I like how it takes a while to recharge.

elty

Yep and Yep. It's kind of boring really. I log in just for the mythril and do the events. The UI is wretched.

Can't be more boring than running the Mei quest 100 times without a drop. I was farming black cowl and I thought it was awful when I got nothing 30 times in a row.

Quixzlizx

I had managed to get two copies of Mei this week, mainly because I got super-lucky and one dropped the first time I ran the quest, but I hadn't had any copies drop since Wednesday. I'd just been using my normal AP and not buying any stamina fruit. Tonight I decided to screw it and used the rings I got from Ioh and Angelica to buy 4 stamina fruit, and I managed to get a third copy.

Now I'm kind of regretting not going all out with selling rings this week to get her to MLB, although I probably would've been at ragequit levels of salty if it hadn't worked out. I guess LB2 Mei is still better than any LB0 cleric other than Lilith.

elty

I am surprised I am still having ok success with gauntlet, definitely not as easy as before but my team works well: 68 Coro + 40 Melvina + lv 1 Hassen + 7 more lv 1.

I think I will use a lv1 Selene too since she has mana training.

Kettch

Copy 3, finally. Only took 270 prysma and a couple stamina fruits for that one today. :/ 5 and a half hours to go, still hoping they'll extend it too. I'll be pretty annoyed to end here after putting so much into it.

Quixzlizx

Copy 3, finally. Only took 270 prysma and a couple stamina fruits for that one today. :/ 5 and a half hours to go, still hoping they'll extend it too. I'll be pretty annoyed to end here after putting so much into it.

Hey, stop tempting me to keep going :p

Edit: And I just used my last 12 AP before going to bed and got a 4th copy. Now I really want to stay up and go for the MLB, but I should probably go to sleep on a high note.

Enron

Banned
so after not caring about this mei quest and not wasting my time with it all week, i decided to throw my batch of AP at it before it ends in the AM.

On the 3rd time

17181203084_015ee74952_c.jpg

Man, I feel sorry for you guys who played ALL. WEEK. to get 1 or no copies :<

elty

so after not caring about this mei quest and not wasting my time with it all week, i decided to throw my batch of AP at it before it ends in the AM.

On the 3rd time

Man, I feel sorry for you guys who played ALL. WEEK. to get 1 or no copies :<

You gave me hope so I decided to run it one more time.

1000 gold and 100 ac ya!

I think the drop rate is below 1%, because most people need > 500 runs for a MLB Mei. If the drop rate is indeed 1% then we should expect half of them being < 500 runs and half > 500.

Absol

heh, grats to all who got Mei. But as for me I'll be chilling in the salt mines.

Decided to check out the CC facebook page thing because of that knight submission event thing. just have to laugh at the responses of whoever is managing the CC PR facebook account. "keep trying!", "change your strategies".

Sure bro!

Top Bottom