• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Elija2

Decided to check out the CC facebook page thing because of that knight submission event thing. just have to laugh at the responses of whoever is managing the CC PR facebook account. "keep trying!", "change your strategies".

Haha, what strategies?

Can't believe I did a week of non-stop grinding and still no Mei. I don't even know how some people managed to MLB her. They must have some crazy luck.

chrono01

I really hope you guys love the duo and treasure them in your team. I had a blast designing Mei for Chain Chronicle. I hope I can make another new character for fans to enjoy!”

Well, I would have enjoyed them, but unfortunately [despite running the event since it started continuously] I never managed a single Mei drop. :(

I wonder if this is Gumi's way of having stuff since they probably can't do the collab events.

So sorry guys, you'll have crappy events instead. :x

desverger

I really hope you guys love the duo and treasure them in your team. I had a blast designing Mei for Chain Chronicle. I hope I can make another new character for fans to enjoy!”

Well, I would have enjoyed them, but unfortunately [despite running the event since it started continuously] I never managed a single Mei drop. :(

It could be worse, you could have dumped 25 stamina fruits AND all the stamina for the week to this event, and got jack all :p

This event is basically the textbook example of how to not do a RNG-based event.

chrono01

It could be worse, you could have dumped 25 stamina fruits AND all the stamina for the week to this event, and got jack all :p

This event is basically the textbook example of how to not do a RNG-based event.
Haha, true enough.

I was tempted to burn a few, but when I read/saw how rare the drop was...I figured it would be extra damaging to use the fruit and not have it drop than simply try for it via free stamina.

I regret nothing!

desverger

Yeah, I just did some math. A week has 1260 stamina, plus the 25 fruits I used amounts up to 1650 stamina.

That's 241 tries, approximately, if I used the stamina perfectly. Not the 300 I was claiming before, but still - pretty goddamn garbage.

The nightmare has finally ended. I got my MLB Mei after playing for 24 hours over the weekend to get 4 copies. The last copy took the longest, about 10 hours of straight playing.

It took me about 20 fruits and 750 pysma, which is about all of the free pysma I have saved since starting. I ran it roughly 600 times, with the bulk of it (around 550) over the weekend and was just barely able to finish within the last hour of the event.

I'm unbelievably drained from this event right now. I think it would not have been as bad if I was able to actually spread it out through the week but it's still a horribly designed event that leaves you at the mercy of RNG.

If GUMI decides to run a event like this again, I hope they do some of the following to make it suck less:
  • 2 week duration.
  • Double the AP cost and drop rate.
  • Improved trash rewards.
  • Improved EXP.

Rixa

Yeah, I just did some math. A week has 1260 stamina, plus the 25 fruits I used amounts up to 1650 stamina.

That's 241 tries, approximately, if I used the stamina perfectly. Not the 300 I was claiming before, but still - pretty goddamn garbage.

I think I tried Mei about 35 times. I used 1 Stamina Fruit and monday exp + excess exp on other days. Except on sunday didnt try at all, started to do side quest. So much wrong in that quest and in Gumi as company, sucks :(.

I still hoped for a drop during that last hour. Oh well, LB1 will do. I ended up running the event a lot more than I thought I would once I got the first drop. I'm feeling similar levels of burnt out as Selene. I'm almost thankful we're back to the usual non-event for this week.

Now to drop my tickets from the Selene event on this rate up and get some rings.

Azusa

27 pulls. No Lilith, no UR;_;

Rowendia 4* x2
Dannady 4* x2
Ihelmina 4* x1

I have Parchelle and I think I can make a knight team with all of them.

desverger

^^ Iam envy :D

I made one pull and got 4* Ihelmina (LB1 now).
You made 8 pulls and got Dannady, Ares & Lilith...

Karma's law I guess!

ibrV3pS8tjDwZi.jpg

After desparing for a week to that stupid goddamn Mei quest, I spent 400 prysma (8 pulls), and the results are there..

In addition, I pulled
5* Aries
4* Dannady

So, both featured units and and good 4* knight to boot? I can now field a great soldier team and a great knight team as well? I'll take that over Mei any day lol.

chrono01

Karma's law I guess!

After desparing for a week to that stupid goddamn Mei quest, I spent 400 prysma (8 pulls), and the results are there..

In addition, I pulled
5* Aries
4* Dannady

So, both featured units and and great 4* knight to boot? I can now field a great soldier team and a great knight team as well? I'll take that over Mei any day lol.
Niiiice, congrats!

8 Pulls and I got Wayne and Parchelle, not really mad but I would've liked Lilith. I guess Ariette will have to do.

I haven't really looked into it but is there any reason why I should make a knight team?

8 Pulls and I got Wayne and Parchelle, not really mad but I would've liked Lilith. I guess Ariette will have to do.

I haven't really looked into it but is there any reason why I should make a knight team?

Having used a full knight team from November till last week, I would say not really. After switching to a full soldier team for the Selene event, I found myself killing enemies waaay faster than I was used to. I only really stuck to a knight team for so long because I didn't have enough good soldier units at a high enough level to field a soldier team.

But I would still make one if you have the capacity to hold that many arcana. Parchelle is a really powerful tank with a nice per wave heal and Wayne gives buffs to knights when he's on the field. So you have a pretty good start right there. If you get Robby, she's a great, inexpensive,AoE vanguard character who you can easily MLB.

Having used a full knight team from November till last week, I would say not really.

I was afraid of that.

I don't really get why people would say that this game is P2W when 99% of the Tavern arcanas are just plain worse than Event/Ring units. Only exceptions are Lilith and Juliana

You know you've messed up your freemium mobile game when spending money is actually worse than being F2P

Anko

I've yet to meet the legendary SSR on the prysma/ticket recruits...

They're all just a myth to me.

What. I'm not salty. T_T

Used some of my tickets and no luck here.

2x Ryubia (I guess I could LB2 her with one I didn't sell yet, think it's worth it or would the rings be better?)
Roy
Kai
Madena
Maurice
and Baiset.

Any good names here I should take note for these 3*? A lot of these I haven't earned before so that's good. A bonus is that I summoned them and they got sent straight to the giftbox so I don't have to immediately decide what to do with them since they aren't taking up space. Might pick em up at a lull time to get their quests complete if they offer prisma.

Merun

I was afraid of that.

I don't really get why people would say that this game is P2W when 99% of the Tavern arcanas are just plain worse than Event/Ring units. Only exceptions are Lilith and Juliana

You know you've messed up your freemium mobile game when spending money is actually worse than being F2P

Tavern arcanas are better stats wise. It's just that event/ring are enough to finish the current content. However with v2 on the horizon, a lot of the current meta is going to be overthrown.

bonkeng

Dannady has a boost to knights (30% move, 5% atk), so keep at least 1 copy if you ever plan on running a knight team.

I'm definitely keeping 1 as he is my first draw ever. Got 2 Dannady now so I'm debating myself if i should make him lb1, or ring the extra copy. Have got enough ring to mlb Trystan.

Elija2

Used 2 premium tickets and got Wayne and Rowendia. Well, it doesn't make up for the whole Mei thing but at least I can replace Robby. Is Rowendia worth keeping too?

Are you able to sell your second copy of Phoena? I've completed two Chain stories but I just noticed that I only have one Phoena. Shouldn't I have two?

Yaari

Are you able to sell your second copy of Phoena? I've completed two Chain stories but I just noticed that I only have one Phoena. Shouldn't I have two?

You don't get one every chain quest, more like every 3 or 4 I think. Not sure about the exact number.

Elija2

No, you're not able to sell Phoena. I'm pretty sure that you don't get her after completing each Chain Story. I think you get her after the 1st, 4th, 7th, etc. or something like that.

Merun

Only if you're able to LB them though. Which is pretty unrealistic to expect even with a 7% roll chance.

My point remains that they are ultimately better arcanas. Moreover some LB2 soldiers are enough to surpass my MLB Lindsey. The way of getting them is another debate. I forgot but some has interesting skills as well like Yolde. Knight and mage team are mostly from tavern too ( keep your knight team for v2). GCC had an exception for healer thanks to Mei.

garath

Wah Wah. No Mei for me. I ran the quest at least 10 times a day. So I'm anywhere from 50-100 attempts. I really didn't keep track. I didn't use anything though so that's something.

Now to decide if I want to use any of my 17 tickets to try for Lilith. Might throw a couple for the heck of it.

Come on Gumi. You can do better than this.

Avalt

Did 5 pulls and got a Melvina. That is the best I can get with these event pulls... pretty sad actually... Honor gatcha on the other hand has been pretty good for me :p

elty

Did a few pull and got Ilhelmina, worth keeping? Looks horrible.

The last chest of these stupid knight quest takes forever to drop.

garath

Did 4 pulls for the heck of it. All 3* knight garbage.

No. No more. I will not give in. I don't care how bad my healing is with just LB1 Melvina and how salty I am over no Mei. I'm saving these tickets for a decent rate.

Did 4 pulls for the heck of it. All 3* knight garbage.

No. No more. I will not give in. I don't care how bad my healing is with just LB1 Melvina and how salty I am over no Mei. I'm saving these tickets for a decent rate.

Do you tend to play conservatively for pulls? I normally have an impulse to occasionally go half and call it at that.

garath

Do you tend to play conservatively for pulls? I normally have an impulse to occasionally go half and call it at that.

I generally try to save. When Juliana was available though I pulled 800 prysma and 2 tickets worth with a single 4*. It pissed me off so bad I said I would wait until v2. Now I have 250 prysma and HAD 17 tickets. Down to 13 tickets. I didn't learn my lesson. It'd be so easy to pull them all right now and face that bitter disappointment.

They get buffed, but i don't remember the specifics. Warriors on the other hand, get a nerf like they get staggered when hit by projectiles.

For starters, knights don't get flinched by projectiles anymore which seems so silly now.

Warriors and others currently do flinch but its a lot more noticeable in V2.

---------------------------------------------------------

Pulled 3 times, got all junk.

Yeah, screw you too game.

garath

At least the new event missions are ok. Got all the chests in one full shot of stamina and the 8ap one seems good for grinding some xp.

Quixzlizx

Gumi is screwing with me now. After getting Mei to LB3, I used my three tickets just now and got two Thomases and Arietta, who is my current healer. Should I even bother LB'ing her? I guess I should, in case I end up pulling her again in the future.

I'm kind of tempted to do a 10+1 (I have just over 500 prysma), but I think Aries and Parchelle are the only ones I'd really want. I already have Wayne and Dannady, although they are both LB0. Pulling Lilith would really be a troll considering the week I just spent grinding for Mei.

It seems like grinding the 8 AP Knight's Way quest is the way to go for this week instead of Spark of Battle, right?

elty

ok decided what the heck, and did a total of 15 pulls.

GUMI is pretty nice to me, I got no Mei after 100 runs so as compensation, I get....

3 Melvina so I can LB 3 her, thanks!!!!!

Other than that, Ilhelmina and Dannady. I guess Dannady is good but Ilhelmina looks horrible.

fulsome

So, I pulled (out of 6)

Ryubia (3* Warrior)
Rowendia (4* Knight)
Melvina (3* Healer)
Zygmunt (3* Warrior)
Arietta (4* Healer)
Adelle (4* Healer)

So, now I have the following healers, which should I look into leveling up?

LB0 Mei
LB0 Noel (lvl 50)
LB0 Phoena
LB0 Arietta
LB0 Adelle

Thanks!

Vecks

The luck in here has inspired me to do some pulls. I only had enough for 6 pulls... and got all 3 stars. Feeling really down, I went to JPCC and did 2 ring gacha pulls with my last 10 rings. Got another Candace on the 2nd pull. Thank God. Candace LB3 now. I can see it... MLB is so close now.

Top Bottom