• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Yaari

A lot of restarting. I use Lindsey. Coro and Melvina, and Phoena Juliana as subs. Then all lvl1s.

Have to guarantee to go into every battle with multiple mana, or I'll die right away. It's time consuming but the rewards are too good to pass on.

Elija2

How do people still play gauntlet now when you cannot do subheal anymore? I tried a few character

lv66 Coro + 9x lv1
lv46 Sonya + 9x lv1
lv30 Freya + 9x lv1

Al; with pretty bad result.

I don't even pad my team with a bunch of level 1s, I just force-quit the app when I'm losing so it resets. The later stages can still be tough if I don't have enough mana to spam Coro's skill, but I'm still usually able to complete the gauntlet after a ton of resetting.

elty

My Coro will lose too much HP waiting for the mana, which now takes forever. So I have no clue how to play anymore.

Kettch

I'm still running level 32 Minimo and 9 level 1s and it's going fine. Just farm the early healers if they do less thehan 150 damage or so. Try to get 2 mana at the start once you can't farm anymore, and I usually have a good bit to spare at the end. 3 sacrificial guys for each of the final 2 fights, 1 for fights 1, 5 and 6. As long as you can one shot the subs you should only need 2 specials per fight, once you figure out how to line them up right.

Absol

I just use my regular team which is Sonya, Selene, Toka, and Melvina. The rest are whatever. For the first four or so fights I can just auto attack at x2 with the occasional healing from Melvina. Selene is really damn good with her skill of starting 1 warrior mana. And with Sonya's dash AOE I can kill 3-4 units at the start including healers/mages/archers. The final two fights is where i start sacrificing my dudes while keeping Sonya alive.

Mei, Mei, where are you. I'm pretty much too far in the rabbit hole to give up on Mei fuck

Yaari

Selene is level 65 already. All done with 2* Healer Enhancers from the Mei stage that have incredibly poor drop rate. I don't want to know how many times I ran this stage, and how many times I still have to do it, sigh.

elty

Selene is level 65 already. All done with 2* Healer Enhancers from the Mei stage that have incredibly poor drop rate. I don't want to know how many times I ran this stage, and how many times I still have to do it, sigh.

How many did you use? I only have 11 but I didn't use any fruit.

Stider

Not sure how low the drop rate is, but you can also get fragment drops from chests in the forest. Glad they made it so you can have multiple fragments being made at the same time.

Rixa

A lot of restarting. I use Lindsey. Coro and Melvina, and Phoena Juliana as subs. Then all lvl1s.

Have to guarantee to go into every battle with multiple mana, or I'll die right away. It's time consuming but the rewards are too good to pass on.

This: But not so many restarts tho. My Gauntlet party at the moment. Only Aludra, Dusty, Rebecca are at max level, I have so many units to level. At somepoint I might change Dusty to Trystan, not sure tho.

CCGauntletparty.PNG

My strategy is the 4 mana I get from start of every battle thanks to Aludra / Bilgitto / Nelva.
Bilgitto shoots missile and Aludra tosses aoe. Then Bilgitto shoots again. Warriors are there just for blocking and occasional skill uses. Warrior is the first unit and I change places with Bilgitto (when combat starts) and then Bilgitto shoots. Later stages I try to get 2 red mana for Corospin, atleast for one stage.

If only I had Cheery, 2 free Cheerybombs... (I know Cheerys 2nd ability doesnt work).

Aludra & other aoe mages (Cheery, Fiona) skill damage is nerfed in Gauntlet. My Aludra does only about 3200 damage to units.

Anko

I run gauntlet with a full soldier party + healer. Coro is my main damage dealer. I do a coro chain after healing at the start. The other soldiers are there to buy time and supply mana in desperate times. I usually make it to round 7 with at most 2 dead. What I do is to always end each battle with at least two red and one green mana. If it's possible to wait it out (like if there's a dancer/healer left), I end it with 3 red and 2 green. Add selene to the mix and it gets even easier.

I always leave the healer or the dancer for last and buy time. It's funny to see the dancer attack once then proceed to dance away while I wait for mana. I've been clearing the gauntlet consistently with a bit of restarting.

Yeah, I don't even pad out my party with level 1's. Seems to be more trouble than it's worth. Or at least a big gamble. If I use 4 high level characters and pad out the rest with level 1's, I end up fighting a rank 44 on my first battle. But if I use just all my highest level characters, I end up fighting a rank 32 on my first battle. I have no idea how how much character levels actually dictate who your opponents are.

I also just aim for the 6th reward and I get it everytime just stacking my party full of heavy hitters. If I survive past that with enough mana to get the extra honor tokens, then great. Otherwise, it's nothing I lose sleep over. I'll get to 4000 eventually, I'll just end up getting there slower.

Miff

I'm using the following strategy at the moment. It seems successful enough to get me to the prysma / rings the majority of the time with minimal restarts.

Lvl 70 Coro
Lvl 50 Toka
Lvl 45 Melvina
+ 7 x Lvl 1's

Toka (or another decent-levelled warrior) is useful in later stages, to finish off enemies that don't die from Coro's AoE attack. I find this helps to kill them before they have a chance to use their special on you. No reason for Toka in particular, I just chose a lvl 50 to try keep the average level of my party down.

Altho, I am currently toying with the idea of using Toka's special to get to mages / archers at the back, but not yet sure how successful this is going to be. I think I'm going to need to replace her with Trystan / Sulstan once I've levelled him past Tokie.

For padding of the level 1's, I noticed that it seems to help if you include 2-3 knights / mages as well as warriors. So I wonder if matchmaking is also based on the class of characters you use? Doing this usually bags me a lvl 20-25 enemy to start with as opposed to 40-45. These other classes end up being unused, as it just rekts the mana reel.

I guess i'll stop farming Mei now.
UR rates will only be doubled though so it doesn't guarantee a Lilith. I'm still gonna try to get her.

Rixa

Releasing Lilith a week after Mei is a disgusting move by Gumi. They really just want to milk the playerbase.

^^ This.

Lilith is coming! New recruit event starting on the 18th.

Edit: Is Aries any good?

Seeya, Mei!

Yep, evil timing for them to do it though, after Mei and all the Prysma that was probably used to recruit her.

OMG. No more Mei farming <3 I have one copy and thats enough.

I guess i'll stop farming Mei now.
UR rates will only be doubled though so it doesn't guarantee a Lilith. I'm still gonna try to get her though.

You all should know that Gumi planned this the way it is.

1. Million downloads was already 1½ months ago.
2. Selene event didnt bring enough money, but it used most of player stam fruits / prysmas.
3. Release Mei for lousy droprate so that everyone uses their last Prysmas for fruits.
4. Inform Lilith is coming, people need to buy more prysma.

Iam glad that I have ok healers (Orianna 50 level and Melvina LB3 50 level). If not I would be so pissed the way they do these things :p. Luckily RNG has been ok in dailies for me for this week (beside monday which I tried for Mei).

Btw new 2 day quest in event is prolly that 1 Million hammer.
If you have knight event why only put 3 UR knights (and 2 SSR)?

Merun

Good thing I didn't spend any fruits for farming Mei. In fact I just continued my chain stories today. Too boring to farm Mei.

edit:

For informations, next week events were present in JPCC from the 8th to the 15th of May 2014.

NightDX

Neo Member
Got my first Mei today. Then tried that new quest and got all 4 chest in one go. The reward is the Million Impact club type weapon.

Then i go the news and see the Lilith announcement...

I probably just want a justification but a lb2 Mei should be better than lb0 Lilith right?! Or she is that good? The thing is that I don't particularly like 2mana heal even though is a HoT...

Edit: The thing is I have 6 premium tickets and 100 prysma and I either blow them trying to pull Lilith or Musica.

Also what are the effects of Mei's abilities?

Rixa

Got my first Mei today.
I probably just want a justification but a lb2 Mei should be better than lb0 Lilith right?

Edit: The thing is I have 6 premium tickets and 100 prysma and I either blow them trying to pull Lilith or Musica.

Also what are the effects of Mei's abilities?

1. Youre lucky to get 1 Mei. But to get 2 more, dream on :).
2. With 6 tix and 100 Prysma (2 pulls), you probably get 0-1 4* and rest are 3* units.
3. 1st Ability is increased normal heal range, 2nd abilitys is +5% def buff to other party members.

Good luck for your Mei hunts...

Yaari

I am not too bothered with them putting up Lilith after Mei. Lilith might certainly be better but at the same time I have not forgotten the pulls I did for Juliana with little to show for it.

I've used 200 rings, 200 Prisma and 15 stamina fruits thus far for Mei.

Once I am done with Mei, I am perfectly fine holding unto the little Prisma I have left, as well as my tickets, until v2.

Aki-at

I think my strategy works well with gauntlet but you'll have to have a similar setup to mine.

In the first battle I go in with all soldiers but I need two specific units.

Coro (lvl 75)
Selene (lvl 44)

So I'd definitely start off with one mana thanks to Selene's ability and at least 1 more thanks to the mana jackpot. After that it's hoping I can get a second mana jackpot in time so I'll have enough mana starting in the next fight.

Now the second bit is where it gets tough, I'd introduce a Melvina into my starting team for the next battle and hopefully face a team with a healer. After my soldiers have finished off all but the healer and hoping I've got a healer mana, I'd position all my soldiers at the back minus Melvina and use her to attack the healer. Neither would do enough damage to kill each other quickly and just using her to heal herself whilst I build up mana reserves for the next battle.

The strategy works wonders but it does come undone I'd have to face a Pheona or archer that can hit multiple opponents. In that case it's a mad dash to get Lindsey to them and wipe them out.

Still thanks to this strategy I've managed to complete Gauntlet most of the time now.

Yaari

Sounds good, I also considered Selene, that ability with the 1 mana can come in quite useful. But she's not quite up to par with my Lindsey yet.

Whenever I face a team with mixed units, like warriors and archer/mage that stands back, and I have to perform Coro's twist several times, I'll face trouble.

Merun

I probably just want a justification but a lb2 Mei should be better than lb0 Lilith right?! Or she is that good? The thing is that I don't particularly like 2mana heal even though is a HoT...

You will be dissapointed to know this.

Lilith heal: 14%, 20 ticks every 6 seconds ( 2 minutes )
LB0 atk : 6400 => 869hp per tick.

Mei heal: 11%, 10 ticks, every 4 seconds. ( 40 seconds)
Mlb atk: 8000 =>880hp per tick.

Yaari

The 2 min heal is nice, but with 2 mana cost, I'll pop it twice with Mei. Lilith' still last longer but oh well. The 5% def bonus adds nice with my Phoena and Juliana I guess, might make up for the lesser heal over time.

If I had to pick one I'd take Lilith but I could spend more than I did for Mei and not get anything, its always a gamble. This way I have 2 chances, if Mei doesn't pay off then I can still go for Lilith with tickets.

NightDX

Neo Member

I'm disappointed.

Azusa

What do you think about knights that will be in the event together with Lilith?

NightDX

Neo Member
Since I've already got one Mei I’ll keep her and when she's leveled up enough will replace my beloved Popra.

I had knew that Lilith was op but I had no idea it was that much. The difference Between a lb4 Mei and lb0 Lilith isn't that much bit its a lb4 vs lb0 and factoring the scaling lilith with a decent weapon will surpass Mei no problem...

Still Mei was free and no one can be sure to get Lilith. I'll keep grinding for Mei trying to get her at least lb1.

garath

Well I don't feel as bad that I haven't gotten mei now. Though I won't get Lilith from the gatcha either. I have 17 premium tickets if I recall correctly (game isn't loading for me right now) and 250 prysma.

I don't know if I should blow them or wait. I could use the healer.

I don't know if I should blow them or wait. I could use the healer.

I'd just wait for V2 if I were you. She could appear in a festival together with other good 5* which allows you to dodge knights. V2 rates also gives you an actual chance of getting her.

Merun

What do you think about knights that will be in the event together with Lilith?

Some good one. Aries has good stats and comes with increase the chance to get 2 mana at rolls. Dannady has an aura which increase atk and speed for knight team. Dannady can also be used for crafting the Royal Lance and Unstoppable Force. I sure wouldn't mind one Dannady to go with my Wayne.

Other 2 are good at filling the blank space in a mono knight team while waiting for the key arcanas.

v2 doesn't have festival with improved rate. It's 7% for UR wherever you pull, period. However there are pick up for taverns which increase the odd to get certain UR instead of some other UR.

Avalt

The drop rate for the last chest for the "Special - Dusty's Company" is also garbage. Wasted all my AP and still hasn't shown up. At this rate I'm not getting that hammer either.

garath

So v1 with an UR rate up is about 3%. v2 is 7% all the time. But they don't do festivals with certain ones prioritized anymore?

I should wait for v2 regardless. Better returns even if I don't get exactly what I want

Merun

So v1 with an UR rate up is about 3%. v2 is 7% all the time. But they don't do festivals with certain ones prioritized anymore?

I should wait for v2 regardless. Better returns even if I don't get exactly what I want

There is some festivals, but no double rate.

Quixzlizx

I've already been pretty lucky and have gotten 2 copies of Mei just with normal grinding. I am thinking of going #yolo with my rings this weekend to see if I can get another copy or two.

Lilith may be better, but I have never gotten a UR I was trying for without a 5x rate-up event (Juliana, Yoshitsugu).

Kettch

Finished up what I thought was an impossible gauntlet fight for me. My 32 Minimo and 3 level 1s against a 38 Parchelle and a 33 Melvina (the rest didn't matter). Tried my usual strat of hitting both and finishing Parchelle with the second shot, but she would always self heal. Tried hitting Parchelle immediately, but Melvina would always heal after the first shot. Solution ended being a quick drag to the bottom of 2 characters and then a swap of bottom Minimo and back middle level 1, with a quick fire before Minimo got too high. Hit both with the first shot and apparently Parchelle was still too busy to heal before the second took her out.

I'm actually enjoying the gauntlet for these little puzzles, almost makes up for having to restart a bunch for 2 mana.

Just got Mei #2. I need to resist the temptation to blow rings for more attempts and save for Frau.

I've picked up a few "all" weapon enhancers lately. How recently were they added?

Vecks

Doing the Fortune Ring Gacha was a bad idea...
Spent over 300 rings and only got 2 copies of Candace. Ah well, since I've begun, might as well go all the way. If I don't MLB her by the end of it, I'm going to be one sad panda.

Spent over 300 rings and only got 2 copies of Candace. Ah well, since I've begun, might as well go all the way. If I don't MLB her by the end of it, I'm going to be one sad panda.

Spent over 100 rings and I still haven't gotten her yet. :[

Vylash

i blew all of my rings on the last one so i haven't even gotten to try, what's a good way to farm rings?

Yaari

Finally done with Mei. Had to use 220 Prysma (Outside of the already mentioned 200 Rings and 15 Stamina Fruit).

So I still have 480 Prysma left. I'm cool with that.

Top Bottom