• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

chrono01

Congrats on the Lilith, garath!

I've decided to wait until V2 before I pull. The way I figure it, Lilith will return later and hopefully by then we'll have the increased rates from V2 [assuming Gumi follows the example set by the Japanese version :/]. It's not as though I NEED Lilith right now, as I already have a few decent healers [Orienna/Vanessa]. She would be nice to have, though...

As for V2, apparently Japan received the update soon after the Selene event ended. Let's see how Gumi handles things.

Gizuko

Updating to V2 up after Lilith would be very Gumi-ish. Kind of like releasing Lilith after Mei, or the Mei event after Selene's.

garath

Grats garath. Nice results after all.

Congrats on the Lilith, garath!

I've decided to wait until V2 before I pull. The way I figure it, Lilith will return later and hopefully by then we'll have the increased rates from V2 [assuming Gumi follows the example set by the Japanese version :/]. It's not as though I NEED Lilith right now, as I already have a few decent healers [Orienna/Vanessa]. She would be nice to have, though...

As for V2, apparently Japan received the update soon after the Selene event ended. Let's see how Gumi handles things.

Thanks guys :) Finally a good turn of luck.

I only opted to pull because:

a) Even the coveted v2 might not be exactly like the JP version. This is Gumi we're talking about
b) not sure when Lilith would be a featured unit again
c) I had a ton of tickets
d) I didn't get a single Mei. Still using Melvina for goodness sake.

Btw, trying to decide which A rank rod to throw on her. What does crit rate do for a healer? Can they crit heals or something? I'd think a higher base attack would be the best healer stat, no?

Quixzlizx

Thanks guys :) Finally a good turn of luck.

I only opted to pull because:

a) Even the coveted v2 might not be exactly like the JP version. This is Gumi we're talking about
b) not sure when Lilith would be a featured unit again
c) I had a ton of tickets
d) I didn't get a single Mei. Still using Melvina for goodness sake.

Btw, trying to decide which A rank rod to throw on her. What does crit rate do for a healer? Can they crit heals or something? I'd think a higher base attack would be the best healer stat, no?

Also, Sega only raised the gacha rates for v2 because of an anti-gambling law in Japan, I think. Gumi isn't under the same legal requirements, although the player base might have a meltdown if they keep the rates the same.

And I don't think crit does anything for cleric heals. I have a rank A holy weapon with high crit/def that seems completely useless to me.

Enron

Banned
Feeling lucky, bought a small amount of prysma, and pulled an Aries. that's two batches of prysma ive purchased in the last two days. Must stop. But I want Lilith :x

garath

Also, Sega only raised the gacha rates for v2 because of an anti-gambling law in Japan, I think. Gumi isn't under the same legal requirements, although the player base might have a meltdown if they keep the rates the same.

And I don't think crit does anything for cleric heals. I have a rank A holy weapon with high crit/def that seems completely useless to me.

Hmm. Then really the B rank Phoenix cane with 10 attack is better than the A rank ideal wand with 8 attack. The ideal want has much higher crit (11 compared to 7) and MUCH higher defense (13 compared to 5) but those heals.

Maybe the ideal wand is better just for the defense. My healer doesn't get hit THAT much but I do use her for blocking.

Stider

Hmm. Then really the B rank Phoenix cane with 10 attack is better than the A rank ideal wand with 8 attack. The ideal want has much higher crit (11 compared to 7) and MUCH higher defense (13 compared to 5) but those heals.

Maybe the ideal wand is better just for the defense. My healer doesn't get hit THAT much but I do use her for blocking.

Since you got Adelle the weapon you get from her chain story would be perfect for Lilith.

http://chain-chronicle-global.wikia.com/wiki/Dawn_Cane

mrtoffee

So today I decided to whale it up, since I really wanted several of the arcana in this event.

And on the 3rd pull FINALLY MY WAIT IS OVER

17809616356_d8ec6b67f3_c.jpg

'gratz. She's an awesome tank.

bevan1121

Neo Member
I managed to snag a copy of Mei during the final 1-2 hours of the event, having consumed one SF just before it and one more during that week. Lucky me!

For the new event, I dumped 5 tickets and 150 prysma, got a 21rings and the extended cutscene during one of the pulls - received Aries instead. Got my hopes up for lilith :(

I think I'll persist with my LB3 Melvina for now and continue training Selene.

I have about 10 spaces on my Friendlist - if anyone wants a Nimpha lead please let me know if your ign doesnt contain GAF in it

133 039 199

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Grr, I hit that evil bug again.

When I level up, due to Mefulnash doing a random AP recover, i didn't get a full AP charge. So instead of 8AP doing a full charge to 64AP, it only recovered to 12AP.

Time to go to sleep in frustration ( T_T)\(^-^ )

Hcoregamer00

Got ticket as daily login gift. Rolled and got x3 rings T_T No Lilith for me.

After Selene and RB3-ing Tigre, I will just hoard everything now until V2.

The low low drop rates for UR's are killing me, aside from Vanessa I never ever randomly rolled another 4* and above. This is after 55 rolls through premium tickets and prysma. I would have dumped this game if not for the 5* Ring characters, event characters, and demon invades, since my RNG luck in the game is terrible.

ah_hia

out of curiosity, has anyone tried the adding 50 friends in one go trick in facebook invites?
I managed to get 145 prysma on my main account which isn't bad. Managed to get Ares because of it. :)

ah_hia

What trick? How do I do it?

Not so much a trick as unused reward for having 50 facebook invites.
It mostly is good for starter or new alt accounts as it allows you to reroll with more prysma without doing the tutorial. It also works on your main account but you can't redo as it will erase your saved data. It basically allows you to gain free prysma when you invite friend 50 facebook friends. The thing is you need to invite all 50 in one go. You do this by manually inputting each letter of the alphabet then adding all the friends that show up until you reach 50 friends.
I did this by joining a chain chronicle dummy group and having 50 extra friends to spam.
On my new alt account, I got 300 prysma and managed to get Lilith only I'm afraid.
On my main ,I only got 145 prysma because i screwed up tier 1 reward initially on the process.
I can clarify the steps further if you want or refer to:
http://chainchronicleforum.net/threads/reroll-guide-with-only-1-fb-account-no-tutorial.3868/

ah_hia

I'll try this later, thanks.
Where does it say that you can get premium tickets though. The friend invite rewards in my game are only Stamina fruits and prysma

Sorry I should've said prysma. when you total the rewards on new account, you get 320 prysma plus the 40 the game initially gives you so starters get 360 prysma. For old accounts, dunno. I got 145 but I screwed up and only got tier 1 rewards initially.
Also you can keep on adding friends even if you change the alphabet search and the previous ones you've added will still be there.

ah_hia

After 6 re rolls of 360 prysma each time, I can only comment in how sucky the drop rates are for UR. Only pulled Lilith once, 2 dannady, 3 Melvina, 1 ilhemina, 1 arietta and the rest 3 star.

Azusa

I'll try this 50 fake friends trick. Joined that fake CC friends group and invited some. I'm glad that my only fb acc is a fake acc and only used for different mobage.

Quixzlizx

I managed to snag a copy of Mei during the final 1-2 hours of the event, having consumed one SF just before it and one more during that week. Lucky me!

For the new event, I dumped 5 tickets and 150 prysma, got a 21rings and the extended cutscene during one of the pulls - received Aries instead. Got my hopes up for lilith :(

I think I'll persist with my LB3 Melvina for now and continue training Selene.

I have about 10 spaces on my Friendlist - if anyone wants a Nimpha lead please let me know if your ign doesnt contain GAF in it

133 039 199

I sent an invite as Quix.

And I had Mei up to LB3 and pulled Lilith yesterday. I probably would've been better off with Aries.

garath

Sounds like the perfect match for Lilith. Seems like it all works out there eh, haha.

Yeah lol. Best luck I've had in this dumb game.

Don't even need her either, 10 rings. Maybe once I get Lilith, Selene and Trystan up and running then I can take on the Phoena quest. Maybe..

elty

Don't even need her either, 10 rings. Maybe once I get Lilith, Selene and Trystan up and running then I can take on the Phoena quest. Maybe..
Well,I got no mei just like you but I don't get lilth. This game hates me as my last 30 pulls all no UR.

I would advise prioritising that Phoena quest after Lilith. It makes a serious difference. Once I finished it I was able to basically auto the entirety of that dumb Mei quest.

Aki-at

Congratulations Gareth! You're story inspired me to go all out and on my first pull got...

Lephret! My first ever 5* from gatcha (Minus the Coro and Armilius I got) I was shocked, I once did a 10+1 pull and only managed one 4* Clarice.

The next 9 wasn't nearly as impressive as my first pull though :p

Audette (Well I might as MLB her now)
Inuchiyo (Ringzzz)
Arietta (If only I got another two copies she'd displace Melvina)
Dannady (He'll fit right in my Knights team!)
Baiset (Ringzzz)
Toka x 2 (I got her one right after the other. I'm not sure if I should limit break or get rid of the other one for rings.)
Ihelmina (Don't care if she's worthless or not, I like her art :3)
Franz (Well... The last pull wasn't the send off I was hoping, ringzzz)

One 5* five 4* and four 3* ain't a bad pull. Best luck I've ever had! Probably going to leave it now and just wait until Julianna comes round and try my luck again. Missing piece in my Knights team I think.

Quixzlizx

I would advise prioritising that Phoena quest after Lilith. It makes a serious difference. Once I finished it I was able to basically auto the entirety of that dumb Mei quest.

How'd you manage that? The quest wasn't that hard, but there were two waves where I had to manually block bandits with my cleric.

garath

I think I will. I hear it's hard. I only have 4 revival fruits left :( That's why I wanted to get Selene, Lilith and Trystan leveled so I could actually accomplish it. Plus I need more rank to be able to fit all these people in my party lol.

Congratulations Gareth! You're story inspired me to go all out and on my first pull got...

Lephret! My first ever 5* from gatcha (Minus the Coro and Armilius I got) I was shocked, I once did a 10+1 pull and only managed one 4* Clarice.

Inuchiyo (Ringzzz)
Baiset (Ringzzz)
Toka x 2 (I got her one right after the other. I'm not sure if I should limit break or get rid of the other one for rings.)

One 5* five 4* and four 3* ain't a bad pull. Best luck I've ever had! Probably going to leave it now and just wait until Julianna comes round and try my luck again. Missing piece in my Knights team I think.

Woo!! 5 4*, 1 5* is super impressive. That's some great luck right there! You're making me want to pull my remaining 8 tickets lol

Avalt

Inuchiyo (Ringzzz)
Baiset (Ringzzz)

I pulled 6x 4* and 1x 5* in 40 pulls, so yeah... gumi's server must have had a hiccup or something there :p

Teddified

I've gotten 0 5* from pulls and 4 4*'s. 1 4* from an Honor pull.

Febrya
Nazuna
Dannady
Adelle
Oguma - From Honor

Really haven't been lucky at all.

garath

I've gotten 0 5* from pulls and 4 4*'s. 1 4* from an Honor pull.

Febrya
Nazuna
Dannady
Adelle
Oguma - From Honor

Really haven't been lucky at all.

Before Lilith, I was right there. I've gotten 4 4*s from pulls and 0 5*s as well. The rates are just super low in this game.

How'd you manage that? The quest wasn't that hard, but there were two waves where I had to manually block bandits with my cleric.

Ok maybe not 100% auto but close to it. I had to do the same thing on waves 3 and 8. After I got Phoena to 60 I still had to block wave 3 sometimes but on 8 my party would mince through the soldiers so fast the bandits didn't even get near my cleric. The boss was also much more of a pushover no matter what mana I had, whereas before if I had all red I would sometimes have to restart.

Basically I wish I had finished her quest sooner. Still working on Selene right now and then Mei. Trystan will be last methinks.

Isn't it best to just rush Selene to lvl 80? It's not like you're going to need Lilith's heals in the near future while Selene will be MVP in the next demon raid.
If the next demon raid is going to be a spear demon raid of course.

garath

Isn't it best to just rush Selene to lvl 80? It's not like you're going to need Lilith's heals in the near future while Selene will be MVP in the next demon raid.
If the next demon raid is going to be a spear demon raid of course.

Yeah. That's probably true. Demon raid is probably sooner than any content that will need the improved Lilith healing. Damn. Back to focusing on Selene. She's 51 now so still a long ways to go.

garath

So with Lilith's heal, it doesn't stack does it? 6 min duration is huge. I would never use a second one. Very few fights last that long.

Guess they realized that people are hoarding rings and not paying for prysma?

I'm pretty sure that they didn't change anything.

This has been kinda bothering me but I want to get this out of the way.
What's up with some of you guys and your obsession with blaming everything on Gumi? I know that they've been doing some pretty shady stuff and I’ve been screwed over by bad RNG as much as the next guy but I kinda get the feeling that there are people in here who are just looking for reasons to bash Gumi. Like every time an event gets released someone in here posts their wild theory of how Gumi is using this event to trick us. Even when Gumi adds extra content that wasn't in JPCC people still complain.

They aren't that bad. Only thing that has bothered me was the whole Coropatillon gold chest issue.

inb4 Gumi releases v2 right after everyone used their prysma on Lilith.

Hcoregamer00

What's up with some of you guys and your obsession with blaming everything on Gumi? I know that they've been doing some pretty shady stuff and I’ve been screwed over by bad RNG as much as the next guy but I kinda get the feeling that there are people in here who are just looking for reasons to bash Gumi. Like every time an event gets released someone in here posts their wild theory of how Gumi is using this event to trick us. Even when Gumi adds extra content that wasn't in JPCC people still complain.

They aren't that bad. Only thing that has bothered me was the whole Coropatillon gold chest issue.

This is not unique to Gumi or Chain Chronicles.

Jump over to the Puzzle and Dragons thread and you see the same thing
-"Gung Ho is just trying to get us to use our stones"
-"Why is the USA release so far behind Japan"
-"I did 6 pulls and all I got were golems, fuck gung ho's RNG"

The only difference between the complaining is the amount of complaining here because the drop rates at the RNG are absolutely terrible, compared to PAD's Godfest, where even if you don't get what you want, you can still get something super rare and nice.

Gizuko

TBH Gumi's own content has been either a bad imitation of something that works (Mei quest), a buggy rubber-banding mess (pvp), or ... Well, I don't know how to describe the blacksmith, I personally find it badly executed, but it might be their best addition so far (the idea isn't that bad).

It's only natural people are getting fed up with them, all their additions are prysma-heavy, and they weren't on the good side of anyone since the Coro mess. I'm sure Sega was heavily criticised back then as well, though, so I kind of agree with you that Gumi isn't always to blame.

This seems to be the result of not getting on the good side of your customers.

Quixzlizx

It was pretty shady that they released Lilith the week after the Mei quest.

Aki-at

Woo!! 5 4*, 1 5* is super impressive. That's some great luck right there! You're making me want to pull my remaining 8 tickets lol

I'm impressed myself, I never thought I'd get more than 2 4*, let alone what I got. Think I used my luck quota for the duration of my Chain Chronicle game time : P

I pulled 6x 4* and 1x 5* in 40 pulls, so yeah... gumi's server must have had a hiccup or something there :p

My voodoo rituals finally paid off!

I've only ever done the 10+1 pyrsma and a few pulls during the Julianna fesitval, so for my second batch of 10 pulls this isn't too bad : D

Top Bottom