• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

chrono01

Yeah, you don't seem to get the event bonus from characters from friends, only if they're in your personal party. Anniversary does work, however [I think?]. Ugh, so many bugs. :/

Oh, 6 Premium Tickets used and 150 Prysma:

3* Tortuga
4* Shara [event character, bonus points]
3* Tortuga
4* Gloria [dupe]
4* Gloria [dupe]
4* Gloria [really?]
3* Lotta
3* Lotta
4* Violetta

Ugh. I'm done. I really wanted Claudia, but at least I got an event character out of it. I guess I'll put her up as my lead over Anniversary once they fix the point issue.

chrono01

I think Shara is actually more useful than Claudia outside of this event. 20% of 20% AP recovery
Wow, it's 20%? That's a decent amount.

At the very least, it'll help re-coup a bit of the AP I spend farming this event. I'll finish leveling her and throw her up as my lead, I guess. I have two free slots if anyone wants to add me, just mention who you are so I know to accept the request.

ID: 196,800,536

Got two Shara and one Claudia (with event weapons). I won't pull more because even though I like the non-event units in the festival the chances are too low and I don't want more event characters.

chrono01

Got two Shara and one Claudia (with event weapons). I won't pull more because even though I like the non-event units in the festival the chances are too low and I don't want more event characters.
Nicely done!

I'm tempted to pull more for a Claudia, but I already have one of the event characters and, while I'd like to have her, I doubt I'd use her much outside of this Tower Event. I'm trying to save as much Prysma as I can for Shauna [I know, she's probably at least six months away...] since I want to MLB her. She's an insane unit, in addition to being useful for Alfin's Tower Event.

Gizuko

Seeing as I just got Sforzo sent to my inbox I wonder if I should simply give it to Frau and ditch Claudia. Probably won't, since Claudia has an attack skill and Frau doesn't, but it would save me the hassle of leveling Claudia.

Only if they have the event wand equipped, do check before borrowing a leader.

(Just gave mine to Claudia and it is fairly noticeable)

I checked and I didn't notice anything, It probably works for you as you've got your own Claudia. Can you run a mission with a friend Claudia once to test it?

Gizuko

I checked and I didn't notice anything, It probably works for you as you've got your own Claudia. Can you run a mission with a friend Claudia once to test it?

700p (friend Claudia) as opposed to ~2000p with Claudia and 2 (1? Can't remember) anniversaries. Damn.

Will recheck later on an iterative type.

Azusa

My Claudia has the event wand equipped. The other one for 3star arcana I gave to Liam. Sadly I don't have free friend slots.

elty

I think currently friend event weapon didn't work.

I think you can trigger great fever time if you are already in fever time, by RNG.

Quixzlizx

I think currently friend event weapon didn't work.

I think you can trigger great fever time if you are already in fever time, by RNG.

Oh, then I guess there's no way I'm getting to 5m points. I might get to 2m. I think I even prefer the EST-fuckery of the Selene raid over this.

Gizuko

You guys know what else Gumi screwed up?

Monette herself!

3D8Lr6b.jpg

I was really fired up about her knew skill, I hope they do change her.
And no, this is a friend's lead, I didn't rack up that many points yet.

Edit: Just checked, she is actually performing an attack instead of buffing, in case you might think it was only the explanation they got wrong.

desverger

You guys know what else Gumi screwed up?

Monette herself!

I was really fired up about her knew skill, I hope they do change her.
And no, this is a friend's lead, I didn't rack up that many points yet.

Edit: Just checked, she is actually performing an attack instead of buffing, in case you might think it was only the explanation they got wrong.

I don't think they intended to change her, it's more reasonable to assume they did a poor copy paste job of the event info (as usual) and her skill being as a buff was an error.

#gumithings

This event is all kinds of a mess, as usual.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
The biggest mess up is the points needed to MLB her.

5,000,000 is insane and it isn't doable unless they do a weekend bonus of 2x on top of event weapon and character stacking.

I don't have any event characters and over the course of 24 hours I got 400,000 points :/

chrono01

The biggest mess up is the points needed to MLB her.

5,000,000 is insane and it isn't doable unless they do a weekend bonus of 2x on top of event weapon and character stacking.

I don't have any event characters and over the course of 24 hours I got 400,000 points :/
You think this is bad? just wait. This is the easier tower event unit to MLB, the later ones require 8 million. :/

A lot of the frustration comes from the bonus points not working as they should though, not to mention the bugged fever time. We're supposed to get it for ten minutes when it happens, but we only seem to get it for a little less than four.

Hcoregamer00

You think this is bad? just wait. This is the easier tower event unit to MLB, the later ones require 8 million. :/

A lot of the frustration comes from the bonus points not working as they should though, not to mention the bugged fever time. We're supposed to get it for ten minutes when it happens, but we only seem to get it for a little less than four.

HOLY MOLY

Yeah, a big point of frustration is bonus points. I swear that if the bonus points worked the way they should, I would be around 20-30% higher than I am now. There better be a weekend multiplier like in the Selene event or I riot ( T_T)\(^-^ )

chrono01

HOLY MOLY

Yeah, a big point of frustration is bonus points. I swear that if the bonus points worked the way they should, I would be around 20-30% higher than I am now. There better be a weekend multiplier like in the Selene event or I riot ( T_T)\(^-^ )
Yeah , it's upsetting. It's why I'm holding off grinding out points until they [hopefully] fix it. If they don't, well...I won't be too pleased with Gumi. Maybe this is their way of forcing us to spend all of those Stamina Fruit we obtained from the Challenge Recruit/Ring Loop.

It's important to remember that over the week new quests that give more points will appear (they are also harder).

Currently I get 30K points per run of the 20AP quest and have 1 million points. I got super fever time today (90K per run for 7 minutes).

ehhhhhhhhh, not really

the last one in jpcc required 8 mil points too and that was one of the easiest with easy quests, good event characters and increased points boost from the free quests

besides gumi failing at doing stuff correctly, your total points multiplier is a lot lower as one of the things you can't really do is literally fill up your party (main and subs) with points multiplier

chrono01

ehhhhhhhhh, not really

the last one in jpcc required 8 mil points too and that was one of the easiest with easy quests, good event characters and increased points boost from the free quests

besides gumi failing at doing stuff correctly, your total points multiplier is a lot lower as one of the things you can't really do is literally fill up your party (main and subs) with points multiplier
That's assuming Gumi doesn't break the multiplayer for the later events. For the current one, if we were getting the full bonus for having the event characters in your party [as well as paired with an event friend], it wouldn't be nearly as bad. If Gumi makes the same mistake for an 8 million tower event, with quests not giving the bonus points as they should, and event characters being broken, it's going to be virtually impossible to MLB without spending a ridiculous amount of Stamina Fruit.

I want to say that Gumi learned their lesson with the current event and won't make the same mistake for the next one, but...

Gizuko

I don't think they intended to change her, it's more reasonable to assume they did a poor copy paste job of the event info (as usual) and her skill being as a buff was an error.

#gumithings

This event is all kinds of a mess, as usual.

That is more likely, actually. Still, I hope Monette's skill ends up as a buff, she isn't as good otherwise, and I only pulled for Claudia because of this :<

Elepsis

Neo Member
Yeah, so, with the broken friend bonuses and the broken fever time I haven't been bothering to use any fruit. I haven't even hit the top of the tower yet, and I'm under 200k points.

I'm not sure how gumi plans to fix this shitshow, but with friend bonuses not working it's not clear to me that it is even possible to get to 5 million points without both having Claudia yourself and burning a couple hundred fruit.

Yeah, so, with the broken friend bonuses and the broken fever time I haven't been bothering to use any fruit. I haven't even hit the top of the tower yet, and I'm under 200k points.

I'm not sure how gumi plans to fix this shitshow, but with friend bonuses not working it's not clear to me that it is even possible to get to 5 million points without both having Claudia yourself and burning a couple hundred fruit.
Depends of your Rank, with 80 max AP it takes 130 fruit for 5 millon only running the 20 AP mission with the Anniversary sword (ignoring normal regeneration and fever times) and 86 fruits on the best mission (I think that is released on Friday and is level 65). Divide this by 3 if you have Claudia.

Hcoregamer00

I sucked it up and did three pulls, and on the last pull came out Claudia.
&#9734;*:.&#65377;. o(&#8807;&#9661;&#8806;)o .&#65377;.:*&#9734;

chrono01

she 'should' be obtainable in sage's tower afterwards

'should'
Actually, event characters [such as Claudia and Shara for this one] are only available during their respective events. The same goes for Hati, during the previous Hatifas raid. If you don't pull them when they're first made available, you're out of luck. That's why I'm saving up as much as possible so I can [hopefully] MLB Shauna when she comes around.

Speaking of event characters, I'm beginning to think that Gumi intentionally made it impossible to benefit from them on your friend list. They probably want you to pull for them yourself [and not just use a friend], as that means more Premium Tickets/Prysma spent. For me personally, as I mentioned earlier I had no luck pulling Claudia [I did 9 pulls], but I did grab Shara. I really wanted Claudia though...

elty

chrono01

http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/chain-c...-event-weapons-conquest-points-bonus-stacking

They just make up a random excuse without even bothering to check. Friend weapon does not work at all regardless of what you have in your party.
I was just about to post this link.

Okay, I get that there are probably different divisions in Gumi, so the people responsible for posting news and such aren't likely the ones also testing the game [they DO test their game...right?]. But please, stop posting information that you don't know for sure is fact, especially when you claim that everyone else is "wrong".

It reminds me of the Coropatiron event where they stated that gold chests don't drop from demon kills. Of course, players immediately pointed out the fallacy of this by posting screenshots of the Japanese version of the event with them dropping. They later came back and basically said "the chest in question isn't gold, but red with gold accents" and that the red chests do drop, albeit rarely. This was a lie, there wasn't a single person for the entirety of the event that received a single Coropatiron as a drop, only from the Demon Coin recruit. They later made a quest available that gave you a guaranteed Coropatiron as compensation, but the fact that they were being so deceitful still bothers me.

I have a feeling they made it impossible to grant the effects of event units from friends so people spend money to pull for them. I'm honestly beginning to doubt we'll even get the later Urgent quests in this event, the one where it grants you even more points-per-AP. -_-

elty

Anyways, I think I will wait till tomorrow to see if they fixed the friend thing before starting to burn fruit. Need to try the urgent quest tomorrow to see how hard is it.

chrono01

Anyways, I think I will wait till tomorrow to see if they fixed the friend thing before starting to burn fruit. Need to try the urgent quest tomorrow to see how hard is it.
If they don't fix it, I probably won't burn any fruit.

Honestly, as Monette is now, she isn't anything special. If they gave her the buff ability, she'd have some use, but since they reverted her back to the JP version, her value dropped a lot for me. Seeing the Conquest Point stacking not working as they should, as well as future event characters being a lot more useful [Minoa, Alfin, etc.], I might just save my Stamina Fruit for those. I'll still use my Super Stamina Fruit to go as far as I can during this event [since Gumi said they'll be lost after it ends], but unless they fix the errors we're currently experiencing, I probably won't push her to MLB.

Krorg

Actually, event characters [such as Claudia and Shara for this one] are only available during their respective events. The same goes for Hati, during the previous Hatifas raid. If you don't pull them when they're first made available, you're out of luck. That's why I'm saving up as much as possible so I can [hopefully] MLB Shauna when she comes around.

Claudia is still available in jpcc. There are a few event SSR that have stayed after the event.

Hcoregamer00

That means 2 anniversaries don't stack as well?

Retarded event.

This event is unbelievably stupid, even with Claudia I am at 1 million points in 3 days :/

If anniversary and event characters stacked, getting 5 million is easy, but they don't and it doesn't look like they will. This is such an unbelievable mess.

Edit: LOL, fuck you too Gumi

UPDATE: December 17, 2015 (00:20 PST)

Please be informed that the additional 200,000 Conquest Points that was supposed to be given to all players today has been move from December 17, 2015 (PST) to December 21, 2015 (PST).

The Compensation of 200,000 Conquest Points will be distributed to your present box within 24 hours right after Monette's Tower event.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support for Chain Chronicle Global.

Top Bottom