• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

bonkeng

Can we MLB monette on the event? Or only 1 copy for everyone?

Side note: pulled honor recruit, got Yoshitsugu. I'm not sure if he is still viable now in v2.

elty

Maybe Gumi will make monette a random drop, or it will be 2 million points a piece, maybe all quest is 30 waves.

GUMI always retaliate the players when they think the event is to easy.

it's 'easy' to MLB tower event characters as it really depends on how much fruit you have and are willing to burn

the last event in jpcc required you to hit 8 million points and that was considered the easiest tower event yet

course gumi might just troll and make it ranking again or something

It's weird that Monette's skill has been changed.

http://chainchronicle.gamerch.com/Unsinkable%20Service%20Moanette said:
(2 mana) Deals moderate damage(x9.5) to enemy in front of her and knock back

RWmOirS.png

----------------------

As for Limit Breaking Monette, according to this wiki you'd get a copy of Monettte in the Japanese event once you've reached 2 Million and further milestones. Maybe Gumi just failed to communicate the other milestones?

Wouldn't know how to get the fifth copy though, my educated guess would be that it's obtained by completing the event. Kinda odd though as you'd think Gumi would've said something about that if that were the case in the global version.

As always, Gumi is gonna Gumi.

That is pretty weird. Didn't her second passive also boost the power of her special after making consecutive hits? Would be pretty strange in this instance, if that remained the same.

My personal guess would be that Monette got revamped to what we're seeing right now on the Japanese wiki while Gumi is still using an outdated version of her.

Pure speculation though, just seems odd to me that Gumi would fool around with a character for no real reason.

My personal guess would be that Monette got revamped to what we're seeing right now on the Japanese wiki while Gumi is still using an outdated version of her.

Pure speculation though, just seems odd to me that Gumi would fool around with a character for no real reason.

but it's gumi
nope, there's no updated version of Monette, so gumi changed her to maybe for the better? party buff skill and her own self buff ability makes her into a pretty strong auto-attacker

bonkeng

jpCC dudes, is the Monette tower same as Selene? Fixed time for fever? I hope not. I don't want to wake up again at 3am to grind.

If not, how is the mechanic? It's better to plan first since some of us has experience with jpCC.

Paltros

Sub buffers don't work on defense teams on the Colosseum right? I keep seeing the same damage with my Wayne even when they have Juliana/Phoena on sub. I wish I hadn't put down this game for a while and missed Elza, she can pretty much auto the Gauntlet and Colosseum with Barienna and Ihelmina. Are there any other knight arcanas that can hit all 3 rows for just 2 mana? Also Robyn is absolutely insane in Colosseum, if you don't take her down in the skill-free grace period of the fight she just begins to spam her ridiculous skill and hoses out absurds amounts of damage.

jpCC dudes, is the Monette tower same as Selene? Fixed time for fever? I hope not. I don't want to wake up again at 3am to grind.

If not, how is the mechanic? It's better to plan first since some of us has experience with jpCC.
The announcement doesn't mention fixed hour for fever while the Selene one did so I assume that it will be with random chance like all post Selene Tower events in JPCC.

Sub buffers don't work on defense teams on the Colosseum right? I keep seeing the same damage with my Wayne even when they have Juliana/Phoena on sub. I wish I hadn't put down this game for a while and missed Elza, she can pretty much auto the Gauntlet and Colosseum with Barienna and Ihelmina. Are there any other knight arcanas that can hit all 3 rows for just 2 mana? Also Robyn is absolutely insane in Colosseum, if you don't take her down in the skill-free grace period of the fight she just begins to spam her ridiculous skill and hoses out absurds amounts of damage.
I don't think that there is any other knight with a circular attack that big. One tactic that I used before I got Barienna with Tristan was to put him in the center, use auto and move my up and down units backwards to the opposite lanes (forming an X). If you do that all CQC enemy units would attack Tristan and be killed/dazed by his special.

You can do this with any Knight unit with a good special, it just takes more effort.

VIP Recruit may as well be called Rino recruit, I just MLB her all from VIP Recruit. I suppose that she could be useful in a Knight focused Minoa team.

elty

Does anyone know if I need NImpha for Monette? In Selene event points are random drop, but people are saying this time it is guaranteed.

chrono01

Btw pulled 10+1 yesterday from OD 0x5*... Lost count but atleast 5x10+1 done there and 1x5*. My Gloria is lb2 and Kiora is mlb :p

I did hear from this 3minutes ago.
When everything fails, trust community o_O.

Thanks Reddit & Gumi for this:
Congrats! That's really cool to see someone win here, especially given your past luck. Great stuff!

Does anyone know if I need NImpha for Monette? In Selene event points are random drop, but people are saying this time it is guaranteed.
I believe the Free Quests have a fixed drop, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm not sure who to put my Anniversary Sword on either. Lindsey is out, I'm not replacing the Grief Sword. That leaves either Sulstan or Rinuya, both are MLB. I'm not sure. :/

chrono01

Nice pool of characters for the Monette event.

Morgan
Caludia
Leaho
Yoshino

I'm tempted. I already have Morgan, and was saving for Shauna, but she's a long time away. Plus it'd be nice to get Claudia to help out my Friend List, but I only have six tickets...

chrono01

So, there's a lot of bugs.

- The events units, such as Claudia, don't come with their event weapons.
- The reward for one of the tier points is only 1 Prysma. Clearly an error.
- No Fortune Ring --> Premium Ticket :/
- The aforementioned change of Monette's skill

I also lost 300 from my stockpiled AP after completing a quest. It knocked me right down to my current cap. Not happy about that.

garath

What kind of team are you guys using? Seems like the standard soldier one will be the best. Fast and efficient. Kind of want to use the gunner team just because though lol.

No idea who to give my anniversary sword to. Everyone has a better sword already.

BJK

Wish I had waited to use my Anniversary sword until after I decided to pull...managed Shara & Connelly in 6 tickets worth. Since there are no other event units, I could've doubled up on bonuses for everyone on the friends list!

With a 30% gold boost and a 20% chance to restore 20% AP, at least she'll have some utility on my gold team after the event.

elty

Does the anniversary even work? I don't feel any bonus point.
Edit: looks like it does, but it is additive so fever time+ anniversary+ anniversary=2.4x points.

chrono01

3 pulls. Shara, Linia, and Claudia.

If anyone need event character, send me a friend request.

Name: Lockon
ID: 166596604
Wow, that luck! I'm waiting to pull to see if they fix the weapon issue, but I'm sure for those that already pulled her [like you] they'll still compensate you.

Anyway, request sent! I'm CrnoCF and running Rinuya with Anniversary. Outside of events, I usually run Morgan.

Krorg

So, there's a lot of bugs.

- The events units, such as Claudia, don't come with their event weapons.
- The reward for one of the tier points is only 1 Prysma. Clearly an error.
- No Fortune Ring --> Premium Ticket :/
- The aforementioned change of Monette's skill

I also lost 300 from my stockpiled AP after completing a quest. It knocked me right down to my current cap. Not happy about that.

Are these bugs or just Gumi messing with things again? I see no mention of event characters getting any bonuses in the how to play section of the event.

chrono01

Would Anniversary be a good fit for Nimpha, or are the chest drop rates high enough not to use her?
The chests in the standard missions are fixed, but the ones in Free are chance. I put mine on Rinuya, for the chest drop increase, I'm not sure if it'll help or not but I figured I might as well [I also didn't have anything else great equipped on her].

If you don't have an A-Rank weapon on Nimpha already, it might not be a bad choice [unless I'm overlooking something].

Are these bugs or just Gumi messing with things again? I see no mention of event characters getting any bonuses in the how to play section of the event.
It's them messing with things. The notice for the "Rescue Monette Support Festival" mentions that having Claudia, Shara, or Bella in your group will earn you more Conquest points. As a whole, this event is just a mess but I guess I should have expected it from Gumi.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Okay, I got monette and beat the main story mode for this tower event.

Since we are not competing with each other, more like getting enough points to get the cards, I am wondering what is best strategy to get 5,000,000 points. Which place has the best points to AP ratio and how can we maximize the 2x and 3x multiplier?

chrono01

Okay, I got monette and beat the main story mode for this tower event.

Since we are not competing with each other, more like getting enough points to get the cards, I am wondering what is best strategy to get 5,000,000 points. Which place has the best points to AP ratio and how can we maximize the 2x and 3x multiplier?
From what I've read, it's best to grind "Cleanse Tower Three", during 2x/3x chance to advance [if you can]. Also, use your Super Stamina Fruit to extend the 3x bonus when you get it. You'll still burn through a decent amount of Stamina Fruit, though.

Personally, I'd wait to grind until Gumi has all of the errors worked out. Just spend your natural AP and save the rest for later.

elty

I think there is a urgent repeatable quest starting Thursday which provides the best point/ap ratio, so i will probably save my fruit until later.

garath

Hmm, might run Morgan+gunner party and give the sword to Morgan then. Will wait until I get to tower 3 and see the drop rates there.

I was thinking about that too. I can either do Morgan for a gunner team or sapras or the hero for my crack warrior team (Lindsey, trystan, Selene all MLB)

elty

Did 4 yolo pull, got Gloria, Leaho and 6 rings. Probably worst UR of the pool.

Edit: 4 more yolo because my minimum is > 1500 prysma. Got a Claudia in my very last pull. was really aiming for Morgan but 2 UR in 8 pull isn't bad. Claudia should make this event easy.

ID: 152 732 702

I think I should have most GAFer on friend list. If you need to add me please leave your name here. 2 room available. EL_GAF

elty

I think GUMI screwed up on event weapon stacking. I used 2x anniversary and Claudia in a party but I only get 3.2x point, not 3.4x as advertised.

Edit: Got a Claudia in my very last pull. was really aiming for Morgan but 2 UR in 8 pull isn't bad. Claudia should make this event easy.

ID: 152 732 702

I think I should have most GAFer on friend list. If you need to add me please leave your name here. 2 room available. EL_GAF

Top Bottom