• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Are the Valentine pulls bugged right now? I keep re-rolling today and I pulled about 40 cards so far... all of them 3*.

Yesterday when the event just started I was pulling a 4* card about every 3rd or 4th pull... I might start pulling from Vice Capital Tavern again, still looking for my first 5* :(

RNG

I did 4 draw an hour ago
Premium ticket:Nimpha 5*
Premium ticket:Kai 3*
Prysma:Bernadette 4*
Prysma:Xien 3*

Want Yoshino :( since I already got Nimpha

Elija2

Is it worth spending prysma on the event even though you don't get an extra pull or should I wait for the next rate up?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is it worth spending prysma on the event even though you don't get an extra pull or should I wait for the next rate up?

I would say no. I spent all my prysma and got nothing but 3*s. I'll never pull again until rates improve.

Mknzy

Got lucky today and pulled my 3rd Arietta. Two more limit breaks to go. She has been a really good healer for me so far, now have her at level 49. Does anyone by chance know what her second ability that you can earn at level 50 does?

Bombless

Got lucky today and pulled my 3rd Arietta. Two more limit breaks to go. She has been a really good healer for me so far, now have her at level 49. Does anyone by chance know what her second ability that you can earn at level 50 does?

Increases healing range. In a pretty big way.

lankelink

Neo Member
How do you level up your party fast? For me it's being really slow. I have just finished chapter 3 in the story and I'm starting to have problems.

My party right now is:
-Fiona(***) lvl 33/45 (one LB)
-Aida(***) lvl 27/40
-Dusty(**) lvl 28/50 (full LB)
-Haruaki(***) lvl 32/60 (full LB)
Sub:
-Latty(**) lvl 15/50 (full LB)
-Kain(*) lvl 38/40 (full LB)

I usually use a friend with Orianna for healing in the difficult battles. Meanwhile, I have Latty in the sub for gaining exp. Kain is also there for his quest. Am I underlevelled? I recently got Ibuki and Vanessa, but leveling up is really slow, I don't know if I should add them in my party or not...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
How do you level up your party fast? For me it's being really slow. I have just finished chapter 3 in the story and I'm starting to have problems.

My party right now is:
-Aida(***) lvl 27/40
Sub:

I usually use a friend with Orianna for healing in the difficult battles. Meanwhile, I have Latty in the sub for gaining exp. Kain is also there for his quest. Am I underlevelled? I recently got Ibuki and Vanessa, but leveling up is really slow, I don't know if I should add them in my party or not...

It just takes a while. You can finish 95% of the content with a group of about level 40 and a group of good friends.

desverger

Ugh, couldn't get the last chest from the 20AP daily today, even with Yaari's lv60 Nimpha as a friend.

It wasn't a total loss though, I netted about 7 warrior enhancers for running it 4 times, so I'm gonna do another 10-enhancer bomb tomorrow :)

I honestly would say don't bother with the dailies unless you plan to run them the whole day, the drop rates seem pretty scarce.

Also, up to 6-2 in the story!

There's really no fast way, dailies are barely worth it. I would say run Spark of Battle in the Flame Sprite Colony for a guaranteed 1* Warrior enhancer and good exp/ap ratio whenever you start to run into a wall in the story. I rely on high level friends a lot to help me with the story as well.

Feel free to add me, I just cleaned up my friend list a little : 136,636,939 - and if you do, let me know your in game name so I don't miss you! I'm not terribly high leveled but I'm sure I could help you out.

Merun

My party right now is:
-Aida(***) lvl 27/40
Sub:

Skip the story for now and do the knight events, especially intermediate. 6AP for 400exp and a ( guaranteed? ) 1* knight enhancer and a chance for a 2*. This will allow you to rank up and get enhancers for your team at the same time.

Leveling Kain can wait. While the sword reward at level 40 is nice, you have no character worthy of wielding it, Nimpha being among the best candidates.

Depending on your Orianna friend is not good. You should level up a healer of your own. Moreover, healer + mage + warrior means that you are spreading your mana thin. I would ditch Kain for now and put Hero for wave heal, and replace Fiona by either Latty, Vanessa, or Ibuki.

lankelink

Neo Member
Feel free to add me, I just cleaned up my friend list a little : 136,636,939 - and if you do, let me know your in game name so I don't miss you! I'm not terribly high leveled but I'm sure I could help you out.

Thanks, My ID is 184,827,829 and my name is Deivid. I have Fiona as my leader, but I may change her soon...

Ugh, couldn't get the last chest from the 20AP daily today, even with Yaari's lv60 Nimpha as a friend.

It wasn't a total loss though, I netted about 7 warrior enhancers for running it 4 times, so I'm gonna do another 10-enhancer bomb tomorrow :)

I honestly would say don't bother with the dailies unless you plan to run them the whole day, the drop rates seem pretty scarce.

There's really no fast way, dailies are barely worth it. I would say run Spark of Battle in the Flame Sprite Colony for a guaranteed 1* Warrior enhancer and good exp/ap ratio whenever you start to run into a wall in the story. I rely on high level friends a lot to help me with the story as well.

Thanks, My ID is 184,827,829 and my name is Deivid. I have Fiona as my leader, but I may change her soon...

I added both of you. Keoni is my hero name. I think I have Slay as my primary.

Quixzlizx

I also just sent an invite as Quix. I hope you don't mind :) My leader is Elemia.

Yaari

It's not? I've literally gotten it every time. Maybe it's just a very high chance then :p
Its around 95% from what I've heard, so close enough to make it worthwhile.
Been running it since day 1, getting a little boring now, but it has paid off for sure.
My entire team will be level 40 when the timed event pops up, with some standing out like Nimpha and Lindsey.

Doubt its enough but we will see about that I guess. Wish my Lindsey had her skills, she currently has neither of them.

garath

Well today was a little nicer to me on the dailies. Ran the 20ap one a few times. Got a few fortune rings for it and quite a few 2 enhancers for my Lindsey. She's up to 53 now. I doubt I can get her to 60 before this weekend though :( Was hoping to get her second skill. It would go a long way in giving me a chance at the higher difficulty levels. Need a good tank and with her movespeed she's often taking all the hits.

Avalt

RNG

I did 4 draw an hour ago
Premium ticket:Nimpha 5*
Premium ticket:Kai 3*
Prysma:Bernadette 4*
Prysma:Xien 3*

Want Yoshino :( since I already got Nimpha

Lady Luck must read NeoGAF... I got a 5* Schule and 4* Bernadette, on my first 2 pulls since my earlier post...
Can't believe stuff like this happens :p

Yaari

Well today was a little nicer to me on the dailies. Ran the 20ap one a few times. Got a few fortune rings for it and quite a few 2 enhancers for my Lindsey. She's up to 53 now. I doubt I can get her to 60 before this weekend though :( Was hoping to get her second skill. It would go a long way in giving me a chance at the higher difficulty levels. Need a good tank and with her movespeed she's often taking all the hits.

Yeah saw some complaints about that. Makes me happy I don't have that skill, she's pretty much cannon fodder without the regeneration.

Lady Luck must read NeoGAF... I got a 5* Schule and 4* Bernadette, on my first 2 pulls since my earlier post...

Nice! Stuff like that makes me really want to try, but I just know that I will regret it haha. I've had enough bad experiences with gacha shit.

Anko

They're my only lvl 60 Nimpha friends so far. Whoever Red is, he's getting close though. Up to 56. Three will be great.
Small world. Haha. Red's a real life friend of mine. He's not a gaffer though. 59 now so he's almost there. He got his Nimpha on his first try and didn't even know about rerolling. The RNG really isn't fair. ;_;

garath

Small world. Haha. Red's a real life friend of mine. He's not a gaffer though. 59 now so he's almost there. He got his Nimpha on his first try and didn't even know about rerolling. The RNG really isn't fair. ;_;

Haha. Well hopefully my Lindsey is helpful to him. His Nimpha will def be helpful to me :p

marrec

Banned

Read this, pulled hoping for a better healer than Kate (ugh), and got Yoshino.

Which actually kinda sucks because I've already got Kiki and Lolleta.

*first world Chain Chronicle problems*

Been mostly lurking in this thread, but I'm curious: how many of you are trying to get by without paying any money? I ask because it sounds like a lot of you are burning through AP and prysma/ticket pulls like crazy, and I'm trying to figure out if the economy opens up drastically later on or if it's just what I get for being a freeloader.

Been mostly lurking in this thread, but I'm curious: how many of you are trying to get by without paying any money? I ask because it sounds like a lot of you are burning through AP and prysma/ticket pulls like crazy, and I'm trying to figure out if the economy opens up drastically later on or if it's just what I get for being a freeloader.

I like the collecting aspect of the game, being fair, and the small stories for the characters. Otherwise, I will play and pay in this game very differently (is not that hard to got by the main story)

elty

When enhancing characters with other characters, do you also need to match up class, or is that only for enhancers?

Matched class will give 100% exp. Non matched only gives 80%.

Trying to do it now. A 5* first roll makes friend making easier.

Elija2

I haven't spent a single cent on this game and I've gotten pretty far. It helps that I have this thread to go to to get helpful tips on how to get the most mileage out of my stamina/prysma/etc.

So I just got my 500 Prysma.
What do you guys here suggest would be the best for me to do.

Spend the 500 at a tavern for the 10+1? (Is there a preferred? I have 2 5*Soldiers, Loletta/Kiki)
or
Spend some of the Prysma at the event and use some it to increase the Arcana limit a little?

I tend to the second one since, if I understand it correctly, the chances for 4/5*cards in events are a little higher and I'm always close to the limit of 40 arcana. A little more would be nice to have. This might be better than the one extra pull?

Rixa

Yeah saw some complaints about that. Makes me happy I don't have that skill, she's pretty much cannon fodder without the regeneration.

Nice! Stuff like that makes me really want to try, but I just know that I will regret it haha. I've had enough bad experiences with gacha shit.
Dont pull :).

i did 1400 worth of prisma pulls and ended up with only 6x 4stars. Feeling awfully poor right now :(
See below, same shit luck for me. I know 1 player did 50 pulls (no money involved) and got only 1 5* (Islem, crappiest of those 5*).

F2P here \o/
So I just got my 500 Prysma.
What do you guys here suggest would be the best for me to do.

Spend the 500 at a tavern for the 10+1? (Is there a preferred? I have 2 5*Soldiers, Loletta/Kiki)
or
Spend some of the Prysma at the event and use some it to increase the Arcana limit a little?

I tend to the second one since, if I understand it correctly, the chances for 4/5*cards in events are a little higher and I'm always close to the limit of 40 arcana. A little more would be nice to have. This might be better than the one extra pull?

I would personally wait for better offer. That event isnt great, if you alread have warriors in team, so many mages. And so low chances to get the warriors. I did use 500 Prysma to event pulls and I got 2x4* 8x3*, only useful of those pulls are 4* Toka (Touka) and one 3* Nicky to subparty (+10% exp) when I get the ability open. Others were just rings to my collection.

Toka is now my leader at 31 level, I opened her "Ogre slayer" ability (you need to have Haruaki) comes handy in 9 territories when at somepoint I get there. Now I started chapter 6 (first quest is level 27), using help from higher level people helps a lot.

I did toss my Aludra (lvl 44) away from party, much easier to run 2 mana tema (3W1H).

4* Toka, 3* Aida, 3* Haruaki, 3* Melvina, subs 2* Dusty & 3* Nicky.
~30 level party (excluding Nicky at 8 lvl).

Edit: Did some enhancing thus my Toka is now at 31 lvl.

desverger

I added both of you. Keoni is my hero name. I think I have Slay as my primary.

Added you both. Apologies for the delay, I had to sleep some :)

I generally never pay in these types of games, it's perfectly viable in here too. A good starting pull (read: rerolling) will help you a ton, though.

If you plan to play as a free player, it'll require a very different mindset and path through the game - some items and characters might just be out of reach for you. And it'll require a lot of stubborness as well :p

To be fair, this game does give you a lot of prysma from quests. In the end, it's up to you to decide what you enjoy more!

Vylash

i throw money into it every now and then, no reason not to reward the devs for their hard work

lankelink

Neo Member
Regarding the Volunteer sword... I had thought to give it to Ibuki. I know there are better units for it, but I would need to wait a lot for them, and relay on my (bad) luck. Ibuki's ability (when I advance in the story) will give me another 10% exp. Is it a good idea? I know, Juliana or Nimpha would be better choices, but who knows if I will ever get any of them...

Vylash

waifu poll update:

1st place: Bernadette
2nd place: Aina
3rd place: Angelica
4th place: Linia
5th place: Vienta
6th place: Febrya, Paboa
7th place: Ihelmina
8th place: Millagen, Tif

Yaari

I did not vote at all. Last time it took them 3 weeks to close a poll so I'm surprised it happened so fast this time around. I still don't expect to win anything, and I'd fully expect them to reconsider my ID once they figure out its the person thats been giving them shit through their support system haha.

Vylash

I did not vote at all. Last time it took them 3 weeks to close a poll so I'm surprised it happened so fast this time around. I still don't expect to win anything, and I'd fully expect them to reconsider my ID once they figure out its the person thats been giving them shit through their support system haha.
it's not over yet, just an update

garath

Yay. Finally maxed my Lindsey's grief sword. That last defense point lol. 82k gold and 8 enhancers. Still only 82% chance but I succeeded finally.

Now to get her to 60.... so slow..

Took a while for a sentence to stick out as bad localisation for me but then came across this XD
B9lYcqIIMAAF8g6.jpg

Zhengi

I'm definitely trying to get through the game without having to pay. I might do it if they improve the rates.

Also, I'm kind of resigned to not being able to complete the upcoming expert quests. I'm just going to continue running the Advanced Knight Attack stage to rank my party up.

Top Bottom