• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Been mostly lurking in this thread, but I'm curious: how many of you are trying to get by without paying any money? I ask because it sounds like a lot of you are burning through AP and prysma/ticket pulls like crazy, and I'm trying to figure out if the economy opens up drastically later on or if it's just what I get for being a freeloader.

I only spent $50 on the 1080 prisma offer that came up since apparently its the best deal. Outside of that, just farmed up all my prisma through the 9 territories area and character quests.

Honestly, you should try to get atleast one 4* unit to help you power through parts of the game then save the rest of your prisma.

After my recent pulls, i really just want to hold out for v2 now.

I'm definitely trying to get through the game without having to pay. I might do it if they improve the rates.

Also, I'm kind of resigned to not being able to complete the upcoming expert quests. I'm just going to continue running the Advanced Knight Attack stage to rank my party up.
Yep same, gotta admit I have been tempted at parts but the rates just seems really terrible whenever I look at them or "offers" pop up.

I think I'll wait for a rate up event like last Christmas before doing another pull or spending money into this game.

Then again, I'm only really waiting for Ares to get released so I can try and throw everything I have into getting him, lol

Yaari

I paid a bit because I like the game, but the company is pretty shitty tbh. Anyway going P2P was a good way to catch up a little bit with the game itself. I came in 1,5 month late, and don't think I would have been able to get Lindsey if I didn't.

That said, it was most likely a 1 time deal unless a 1080 deal comes at me. I think with these mobile games, a company has a similar level of importance. Gumi does a good job running events, when they don't screw up on the details, but I think that's mainly because they would get into a scheduling problem if they didn't. Considering they have to follow in JPCC's footsteps.

Mknzy

I only spent $50 on the 1080 prisma offer that came up since apparently its the best deal. Outside of that, just farmed up all my prisma through the 9 territories area and character quests.

Honestly, you should try to get atleast one 4* unit to help you power through parts of the game then save the rest of your prisma.

After my recent pulls, i really just want to hold out for v2 now.

Of course, that is also assuming that Gumi wont fiddle with the rates once we get v2. They obviously have some ability to do that, I can see them being greedy and not giving us the increased drop rate for 5* characters.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Been mostly lurking in this thread, but I'm curious: how many of you are trying to get by without paying any money? I ask because it sounds like a lot of you are burning through AP and prysma/ticket pulls like crazy, and I'm trying to figure out if the economy opens up drastically later on or if it's just what I get for being a freeloader.

I definitely don't mind dropping a few bucks on these types of games, as it's still super cheap when you consider the number of hours I get out of them. I've found that a few dollars at the start really helps a lot. Once you get going, you don't need to spend at all.

desverger

Man, those 2* knight enhancers are great. I'm glad this thread brought them to my attention. I just need to feed one to my Dusty and he gets a level (granted, he's still below 30).

And yeah, one good reason to do pulls even now, with the rates being what they are, are the fortune rings. If you can score enough rings to get a few those fortune ring characters or LB one, you'll be well off.

Also, game is trolling me super hard. Remember when I pulled that Bilgitto with a premium ticket? Well today I got her again, from the AC summon :p

I guess she's bound to be my valentine!

Quixzlizx

I'm running out of arcana slots because I don't want to waste all of these character/weapon enhancers on my current team of scrubs, not that I'll end up pulling anyone good anyway. I tried dropping my healer and just having Elemia + MC as my healing, but that stopped working once the difficulty started ramping up. I haven't actually lost a fight yet, but I was down to ranged characters face-taking bosses a couple of times.

Yaari

I hope we get the Demon Raid next week then. Hopefully that 1hp bug is gone. It was really discouraging to help people when 50% of the time it turned out to be a waste of everyones effort.

Just did three pulls on my alt. account and got Yuni. So tempted to try more pulls on my main account but I think I'll hold out for version 2 and better rates.

Mknzy

So question for everyone who has friended me. Who would you rather I share my level 46 Wayne with all his abilities unlocked or my level 50 Arietta with all her abilities unlocked? I'll set my leader based on what will help people the most.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm at level 12 so far, and this game is really good from what I've played so far. Really addicting.

In case you want to add me as a friend, my ID is 148,510,138

Rixa

I'm at level 12 so far, and this game is really good from what I've played so far. Really addicting.

In case you want to add me as a friend, my ID is 148,510,138

Tossed you a FR, mine is 112,085,091 / RixGAF. Try to get another leader, Greg or *whatwashisname* (1*) aint good :).

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Tossed you a FR, mine is 112,085,091 / RixGAF. Try to get another leader, Greg or *whatwashisname* (1*) aint good :).

Don't worry, he's not my "real" leader. Each battle, I change 3/4 if not all members of the party. Usually, the leader is one between my avatar, Greg and Malayka (received recently, a great pick!). I usually change my subs as well, so as much characters as possible grow in battle.

Rixa

Don't worry, he's not my "real" leader. Each battle, I change 3/4 if not all members of the party. Usually, the leader is one between my avatar, Greg and Malayka (received recently, a great pick!). I usually change my subs as well, so as much characters as possible grow in battle.

Try to grab 2* Healer "Latty" & 2* Warrior "Dusty" level them and limit break 4 times asap.
Also my suggestion is that you run only 2 manatypes: 3 Warriors (or 3 knights) and 1 Healer.

My party:

fclpcv.png

I haven't been very lucky with pulls, I have used 3 premium tickets and 500 prysmas, only 2 5* and some 3*.

How is it possible that Fiona (1 LB), a 3 star mage, has better stats than Karen?

Working to replace Slay with Maurice (LB 1):

Who is the better knight of the 3* batch?

Feel free to add me, my ID is 108,982,669 (Bishop)

Quixzlizx

I'm certainly no expert at the game, but I really like Robby's ability. It's a column attack, but you can generally also hit the second group behind the front-line, so you can wipe out a whole trash wave with one attack.

I sent you an invite as Quix.

For anybody: when you have a 3* who you don't think you'll use, is it better to use them as an enhancer, or to sell for fortune rings?

garath

I'm certainly no expert at the game, but I really like Robby's ability. It's a column attack, but you can generally also hit the second group behind the front-line, so you can wipe out a whole trash wave with one attack.

For anybody: when you have a 3* who you don't think you'll use, is it better to use them as an enhancer, or to sell for fortune rings?

Fortune rings.

Aki-at

The game really needs to sort out it's chest rate drop. Finally got the final chest in the Beginner's Knight run after what, my 30th attempt (And I was using Nimpha friends too!)

Ah well, one ring closer to Deed.

Robby's ability is the same of Slay, so i already have him as a maxed lvl character (with no limit break for now). It will be a waste of enhancements to have two clones with the same ability.
I just added you to my friend list! :)

Quixzlizx

Robby's ability is the same of Slay, so i already have him as a maxed lvl character (with no limit break for now). It will be a waste of enhancements to have two clones with the same ability.
I just added you to my friend list! :)

Well, I'm glad I helped the process of elimination, then :lol

Yaari

Now everyone except for my subs on my main team is level40+.
Probably won't cut it for the event but I've done my best.
Getting excited for the Demon Raid. I hope I'll be more lucky with the Gacha pulls. Did not get a single Demon there last time around.

Rixa

I haven't been very lucky with pulls, I have used 3 premium tickets and 500 prysmas, only 2 5* and some 3*.

How is it possible that Fiona (1 LB), a 3 star mage, has better stats than Karen?
I have used 6 Premium tickets and around 900 Prysma, Ive only got 1 5* and 2 4* So you should be happy with your pulls :).

I think Karen is a late type so she will get most of her stat boosts at higher levels but is weak at low levels.

Actually both Kadet Karen and Fiona are normal type characters.

Here are K&F when maxed & maxed with 4LB
Attack | HP
Code:
Karen
Level 60	6000	3800
Level 80	8000	5800

Fiona
Level 40	3850	2390
Level 60	5450	3990

Rixa

Thanks for the info Rixa, well Karen overall looks like a better PG so I'll enhance her!

I do have Fiona too, but havent used her. At somepoint I might make mageteam or so.
Some choices I have (dont remember if I have something else too)

5* Aludra
4* Rebecca
3* Minimo [LB1]
3* Fiona

Or toss Fiona out and Melvina in for 3M1H party.
3* Melvina

And get a tank friend.

Thanks Kallisto76 \o_
Due to you I started to thinking mage combination again. I was thinking selling Rebecca, but it seems that I just planned new party for myself.
3M1H + tank friend.

Rixa

Well, Chocolate for Phoena quest is up. Monster level 57 :p

Anyone tried that one? Definitely way out of my league lol.

Yea I know one who did it, last fight has 12 waves.
In Japan CC this event came after 6 month. Gumi brought this after 4 months, no way I can do it. For normal f2p with maxed units this will be tough.

Rixa

I'm going to try it, but most likely it will be nothing I can handle with my roster ranging from 40-50 in level.

First fight is also 57 level mobs.

Also this: The mobs have poison debuffs and sometimes there's some dancer that buff their deff. Most mobs without shield so range units help.

Quixzlizx

Man, I'm hitting a wall already. I'm starting to get more and more under-leveled for the story quests in the mage tower area, and I'm not getting any useful pulls. I haven't actually lost yet, but I can feel it coming. Are there any non-random characters that cure poison?

Thanks for the info Rixa, well Karen overall looks like a better PG so I'll enhance her!

I have a 48 karen right now, shes definately a late type. She will suck most of the game until you hit lvl 40 and she'll start to be on par with the normal types. Unfortunately most of her big stat gains wont happen until after the limit break. :(

garath

It is beyond frustrating to do the 20ap daily multiple times in a row and only get a single chest (the first one) each time - WITH a 60 nimpha friend. That's just ridiculous.

Merun

Done with Phoena's chocolate. 2 revives on the first quest and only once on the second. I used a friendly lvl 75 Cheery for AOE and killed all the dancing chocolate. Of course, it's not worth it if you can't clear it easily.

Zhengi

I decided to concentrate on the Main Story yesterday and today and I'm finally in the Nine Territories area. Definitely a very good place with the AP to EXP ratios here. I will probably stick to the main quest for a bit more.

Top Bottom