• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

It's too late for me to reroll now. I didn't know about rerolling and now I'm in too deep. At the end of Chapter 6. Although honestly, I'd want to restart to reclaim all that wasted prysma. Seems like all the good pulls are from the Holy Capital and I've been saving them hoping there would be better characters in the later chapters. Got nothing but three stars in those later areas..

My party so far is Alvert, Robby, Bilgitto, and Orianna with Haruaki and Hero in sub. My only other 4 star is Amille. Have Yona and am trying to level her up to replace Bilgitto. Or maybe eventually just make an all mage party. But I don't have any more prysma to pull heavy hitting mages :/

Yaari

I honestly don't think it's ever too late to reroll. Especially if you are F2P. You are looking at months of playing just to get the rings for the guaranteed free URs with Fortune Rings.

I think the experience alone will make the reroll much easier. But its your call I guess.

I rolled a Nimpha but I liked the sight of a Mage team and even now, still consider going for it. Probably won't though, since its P2P heavy, but I like the idea.

Azusa

I'll use this demon raid to farm more ring. As much as I can with my team. At the moment I'm levelling my team and thinking to spend some prysma to speed up.

I didn't reroll at all and my starter was only a random 3* and it doesn't bother me at all. Rerolling is boring and I wanted to play the game.

chrono01

I'm excited for the Demon Event. It's been a long time coming [especially for those who played in the soft launch].

As for re-rolling, if you're trying to decide whether you should do it or not, you could always set up a Transfer Code prior. That way you could delete/start over and, if you don't recruit anything of worth, you could always enter your Transfer Code on the main screen and resume your previous progress. I believe the Transfer Code has an expiration date [maybe two weeks?], so you'd have to be decide by then.

But yeah, if you re-roll you'll be missing out on this Demon Event. Granted, the demon for this one isn't amazing, but you'd be losing quite a few Fortune Rings [which can be used towards Fortune Ring characters which ARE good].

Yaari

I'm just trying to get some last levels for Latty and Lynda. Neither is Max LB'd and those will be some easy stats.

The Demon event is probably going to kick my ass. One thing I was wondering, does it also use AP? I'd hate to give up on my Daily free Fortune Ring.

garath

I don't see any way I'm going to be leveled enough for the Demon event regardless. My party is only around level 20. :(

chrono01

I'm just trying to get some last levels for Latty and Lynda. Neither is Max LB'd and those will be some easy stats.

The Demon event is probably going to kick my ass. One thing I was wondering, does it also use AP? I'd hate to give up on my Daily free Fortune Ring.
Apparently the Demon Invasion appears [or rather, has a high chance to] when you complete a quest. So try to complete lower AP quests for a better chance to spawn it. Personally, I'm going to use Fruits of Research for the 6AP and 400XP for completing it.

I don't see any way I'm going to be leveled enough for the Demon event regardless. My party is only around level 20. :(
I remember reading something about an average of Level 35-40 teams completing the first Demon Event in Japan perfectly fine, so you might have a bit of a ways to go. However, you should be able to complete a decent portion of it, assuming you play wisely.

There's a guide here that explains the basic mechanics of Demon Invasions.

http://chainchronicleforum.net/threads/demon-raid-introduction.655/

Uthred

Haruaki is a "free" 3* Warrior you can get from "Ogre Swordsman in the Mist" (Holy Kingdom - Hideaway Village) who does extra damage against demons, could be handy for the raid (you can also get him as a possibly recruit from the arcana recruit gacha)

I honestly don't think it's ever too late to reroll. Especially if you are F2P. You are looking at months of playing just to get the rings for the guaranteed free URs with Fortune Rings.

I think the experience alone will make the reroll much easier. But its your call I guess.

I rolled a Nimpha but I liked the sight of a Mage team and even now, still consider going for it. Probably won't though, since its P2P heavy, but I like the idea.

Very few of the fortune ring UR's are actually worth getting it seems, as for fortune rings, it does depend a bit on luck (e.g. the login rewards) but I got ~80 so far in the last month or so.

chrono01

Very few of the fortune ring UR's are actually worth getting it seems, as for fortune rings, it does depend a bit on luck (e.g. the login rewards) but I got ~80 so far in the last month or so.
Actually, Lindsey and Deed [both current Fortune Ring UR] are great, and the upcoming Sulstan is amazing as well. Lindsey is incredible even at LB0, so if you're intending on fully Limit-Breaking Deed/Sulstan, only grab one of her and save the rest for the others.

Personally, since Lindsey and Deed [or Diido, as she's known in Japan] were re-released in the JP version, I'm planning on grabbing one of each [I already have Lindsey and will pick up Deed shortly] and then saving all of my Fortune Rings so I can fully LB Sulstan. His first ability increases attack by 5% and movement speed by 20%, and his second ability heals his HP by 9% of the damage dealt. He's effectively a tank and that can do a lot of damage. Oh, his special is a two mana dash that inflicts daze, also helpful.

Yeah, guess I'll just stick with my current game. My team is in the high 30's so hopefully I'll do well in the raid. Neither Deed nor Lindsey really appeal to me at the moment, I'll probably just save the rings till a more enticing character pops up.

What's the general consensus on healers? Are one mana healers generally considered better than two mana ones? I've been rolling with Orianna for 3 chapters now. I like her passives, but the mana shortage has put me on the edge of wiping quite a few times. Although when I do have enough, the moderate heal is great. Since I'm rolling with two knights and a mage, the mana is divied up between the three classses. Find myself with more magic mana than healer mana most of the time though.

Vylash

"eh, i'll reroll once, what the hell"

jJIddnlCJ7anG.png

well then

Merun

Apparently the Demon Invasion appears [or rather, has a high chance to] when you complete a quest. So try to complete lower AP quests for a better chance to spawn it. Personally, I'm going to use Fruits of Research for the 6AP and 400XP for completing it.

I remember reading something about an average of Level 35-40 teams completing the first Demon Event in Japan perfectly fine, so you might have a bit of a ways to go. However, you should be able to complete a decent portion of it, assuming you play wisely.

I will farm Fruits of Research as well. Seems like the best use of AP.

Also, it seems that priority should be given to DPS, as in, removing healers to maximise damage, since we have limited time for a fight.

edit:

Since I'm rolling with two knights and a mage, the mana is divied up between the three classses. Find myself with more magic mana than healer mana most of the time though.

That's tough if your heal requires 2 mana. You should consider reducing your team to 2 mana.

garath

Where is fruits of research? BTW. Great info. Thanks!

Uthred

Actually, Lindsey and Deed [both current Fortune Ring UR] are great, and the upcoming Sulstan is amazing as well. Lindsey is incredible even at LB0, so if you're intending on fully Limit-Breaking Deed/Sulstan, only grab one of her and save the rest for the others.

Lindsey is decent, her special ability is a little underwhelming and her stats arent exactly stellar. I certainly wouldnt say Deed is great, she's worse than Lindsey. She does less damage per mana, she has lower movement and attack speed and lacks warriors innate crits. The random stun is nice and her base ATK is higher than Lindsey. She's good if you're running a Knight team, otherwise I'd say she's easily skippable. Sulstan is good but we're not getting him till what, May or June?

Yaari

One thing about the event. Won't we, lower level players, hit a barrier quickly, at which we won't be able to compete anymore? Atleast that's what I am expecting.

Vylash

One thing about the event. Won't we, lower level players, hit a barrier quickly, at which we won't be able to compete anymore? Atleast that's what I am expecting.

you absolutely will, i started the JP version maybe a month before a raid and i got rekt after a while, unless they've scaled the difficulty down, everyone's screwed

Merun

You can request help from friends so that they can finish the job. This allows you to progress in level, and they get the drop. Moreover, I think I read that the demon coins you get is based on the damage you do.

In short, there are 4 things you can get:
-Demon coins, for special gatcha
-Random drop from defeating the demon
-Reward from certain demon level
-Reward from number of demon conquered

PS: I'm no expert so I might make mistake

Just downloaded this game. How long does it take before you hit the paywall? And in terms of IAP, how bad is this game compared to, say, PAD or Brave Frontier?

Vylash

i went ahead and made a spreadsheet for everyone to add their player ids to, should help
me
everyone keep track of gaffers with accounts, quote to see

chrono01

Lindsey is decent, her special ability is a little underwhelming and her stats arent exactly stellar. I certainly wouldnt say Deed is great, she's worse than Lindsey. She does less damage per mana, she has lower movement and attack speed and lacks warriors innate crits. The random stun is nice and her base ATK is higher than Lindsey. She's good if you're running a Knight team, otherwise I'd say she's easily skippable. Sulstan is good but we're not getting him till what, May or June?
What makes Lindsey so powerful isn't her stats [although they're definitely decent, having an Attack of 7,620 and HP 7,620 when fully Limit-Broken], it's her Special ability. It only costs one mana to use and is a nine-hit animation wherein she's invincible during the duration. Because of this, she can effectively tank certain bosses, especially with her second ability which heals her for 1% every three seconds. Not only that, but her nine-hit Special increases in damage when you equip her with more powerful weapons. These hits cannot crit, but they can still do a lot of damage and, as I've said, she's invulnerable during them. Since it only costs one mana to use, it's not difficult to spam. With her first ability she's also extremely fast, making it easy to kite enemies.

In regards to Diido/Deed, you're right in saying that she's only good if you're running a Knight team [since you don't want to mix too many different types on a single team, as it would complicate the mana situation. As a unit though, she's great and is a staple in many Knight builds. Her stun is rather high [10%] on her normal attacks and her movement speed increases when battle begins, allowing her to move easily between enemies.

Keep in mind that Knights right now are indicative of the current meta since they received a buff in version 2 which we haven't received yet in the EN release. She'll definitely be more useful later on, so grabbing her now and leveling her/getting her ready might be a good idea, especially considering you'll likely be running multiple teams later on [Mages, Soldiers, Knights, etc.].

Sulstan should be the next Fortune Ring character we receive, so assuming we get one around the same time we got Deed, we're looking at maybe a mid-March release.

You will, but you can always ask your Friends for help. You'll lose out the chest drop for that boss, but you'll still go up in level which will enable you to receive better prizes.

Just downloaded this game. How long does it take before you hit the paywall? And in terms of IAP, how bad is this game compared to, say, PAD or Brave Frontier?
The game is actually pretty easily clearable just by recruiting the free 3* units in the game [from what I've read]. There's also the Fortune Ring characters where, as I've said earlier, are great, and are obtained with little effort by collecting Fortune Rings from daily events as well as login rewards and other areas.

I currently have only enough fortune rings 70 for one toon, is lindsey the very best I can get? Or is there someone better.
Lindsey is great at LB0 since you can greatly increase the power of her Special by equipping her with better weapons. Only being one mana to use, you can easily spam it too. Also, if you're facing an especially powerful enemy, you can run up to attack and then, just as the boss goes to attack, back out again. Lindsey is so fast that you'll avoid the attack, and you can repeat the process over and over to "kite" the boss. It takes some finesse, but it's doable.

Yaari

So what is exactly the appeal for friends to help you clear a stage? I mean, I get the drop. They get the Demon kill? But isn't it easier for them to focus on their own thing? Or will this be appealing for them once they hit their own barrier?

Should I befriend lower level players so I could help them when I am done being able to do things on my own?

chrono01

So what is exactly the appeal for friends to help you clear a stage? I mean, I get the drop. They get the Demon kill? But isn't it easier for them to focus on their own thing? Or will this be appealing for them once they hit their own barrier?

Should I befriend lower level players so I could help them when I am done being able to do things on my own?
They get a participation bonus for helping people [Demon Coins, which you can use in the event gatcha] as well as the possibility of getting a boss drop.

Oh, they also get the added benefit of helping someone out. That too. :)

Bombless

I'm too low to beat the event anyway, I'll give the reroll a try. I want to focus on the holy capital heroes this time, i really like their art and general idea.

garath

Ooh. Just realized I have 5 stamina fruit. That should ease some grinding. Might as well use them. Who knows how long I'll actually play the game.

If Prysma was cheaper I'd probably wouldn't mind buying some x.x

Man I have no idea how to use my AP right now. Grinding soilder enhancers & 2* arcana for buffing my current team, or take advantage of the gold daily since I'm starting to realize how expensive enhancing is getting. (25k for 1 pip of a DEF in a weapon upgrade..yikes!)

If Prysma was cheaper I'd probably wouldn't mind buying some x.x

Man I have no idea how to use my AP right now. Grinding soilder enhancers & 2* arcana for buffing my current team, or take advantage of the gold daily since I'm starting to realize how expensive enhancing is getting. (25k for 1 pip of a DEF in a weapon upgrade..yikes!)

I was thinking about buying some too, but 1 dollar for 50 prysma? nah.

Bombless

If these mobile games had better rates for their premium currency, I'll probably be more willing to spend money on them.

You and me both. This game's prices are downright silly.

Restarted. Going to make my way to the Holy Capital and pull what I can from there. I will probably wait for the 500 prysma pull, they throw quite a bit of it at you in the beginning. I won't reroll again, this fresh start will be efficient enough.

Uthred

Apparently you can clear the games story mode even if you start with a 3* unit, I re-rolled until I got a 5* unit and havent really hit a wall yet (though each story Chapter does have a jump in difficulty). So if you're going non-IAP I'd probably recommend doing that. Personally I havent found the game too bad on the IAP front so far. The Gacha rate for 5* units (Gold eggs in PAD terms) is so punishingly low, even during CC's equivalent to Godfests, that it leaves we with zero urge to throw money at it (premium currency is also fairly expensive). The amont of premium currency you can get in the game does seem more limited than either PAD or Brave Frontier but on the other hand it looks like you wont be keeping as many units around so you dont need to expand storage that much (I think I've doubled mine and since I've stopped resisting my urge to collect and sold 1* units I've had no inventory issues). The stamina regen is pretty slow and your stamina seems to increase only every other level-up (which takes a while). But you usually have enough to do any special daily dungeons and to push forward with other stuff so not feeling any IAP pressure there either,

garath

If these mobile games had better rates for their premium currency, I'll probably be more willing to spend money on them.

Exactly. Usually the rates are so bad its hard to imagine spending anything significant on it. $5 per arcana is silly. Especially when it can be a 3*

Yeah I always wonder when did we actually switch from micro transactions into macro transactions.

When you can get full good games on steam/psn/live for 10-20$ then spending 50$ for 11 premium characters in phone game is rediculus.

I'd personally drop a few bucks into a game like this to show my support but not when it gives me one additional character.

Vylash

torn between using my prysma or saving them in the hopes that we get the Atelier, Danganronpa, and Kiseki events

Yaari

I don't really mind the IAP. I often play these games for months of time. I could buy a singleplayer game with a storyline and be done with it in 8-10hours and never touch it again.

Surely it was probably a more exciting experience, but I have plenty of fun with mobile games as well. So perhaps I'll buy some Phrysma eventually. I do want Lindsey but it does not seem too rewarding to spend money at this point.

Anyway almost reached the Latty stage so I can probably Max LB her before the event comes.

garath

So I've seen that you should level up the starter chars as they get something? I've been keeping my party pretty much just the starters and dusty. Is that true? What am I aiming for?

Merun

So I've seen that you should level up the starter chars as they get something? I've been keeping my party pretty much just the starters and dusty. Is that true? What am I aiming for?

Levelling up Kain up to level 40 gives you a sword with exp boost effect on it.

And I finally finished chapter 6, which is the last chapter available at the moment. It took me a month with all the side daily activities and occasional Fruit of Research farming.

Top Bottom