• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlie Hebdo attacks - Hostage situations ended, 4 hostages reportedly killed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc Burleigh ‏@marcburleigh 37s37 seconds ago
4 people in critical condition after assault on Jewish supermarket in Paris, security source tells #AFP

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Fox News everybody

“That’s my question about these guys because if we know they were speaking unaccented French and they had, you know, ski masks on, do we even know what color they were?” Bream asked. “What the tone of their skin was. I mean what if they didn’t look like typical bad guys?”

Any idea what the French government response is going to be? Have there been any indication as to what organization, if any these people were tied to?

Alx

twitter is abuzz with a new situation on montpellier.

I wouldn't worry too much about that until we get more information. We are on high alert level so any suspicious package would trigger an evacuation, especially in a train station or an airport.

The female suspect escaped after she got out with the hostages.

wow are you kidding me

Marc Burleigh ‏@marcburleigh 22s22 seconds ago
Recap: commando assaults kill 2 #CharlieHebdo gunmen, & suspected accomplice in Paris Jewish supermarket where 3-4 killed, 5 critical

tbm24

wow are you kidding me

I don't understand what's going on anymore. Earlier I saw posts reporting that he turned herself in before the operation on the super market started. Now she escaped with the hostages somehow despite it being pretty hard to believe that someone can book it from the scene with no one noticing and no police following up.

MedIC86

Im not an expert on hostage situations, but what do people who take hostages think they can gain by doing it. I mean in the worst case scenario the law enforcements takes the decision to storm the building with an X amount of casualties. But they will never let them go? here is your plane to an remote island or something? Or is it a final resort/just to terrorize thing?

Shito

Guys, take this "a suspect escaped" with a big grain of salt: *nobody* here is talking about this.
There were reports of someone fleeing the scene, but that person was arrested, and apparently not related to the events.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Was the female suspect ever confirmed to be inside ? I remember that it was not made clear if she was inside with him or not.

Magni

Another possible hostage situation in montpelierr in France.

I'm from Montpellier, was at that train station two weeks ago :( Hope it's just a false alarm (there was another one yesterday at La Défense, just outside my mom's office)

edit: http://www.midilibre.fr/2015/01/09/...-malfaiteurs-cernes-par-la-police,1108678.php
Seems like it was an armed robbery of a jewelry store gone wrong, unrelated to the attacks (though I'm guessing they thought it'd be easier to get away with it while the cops were busy chasing the terrorists?)

Odah

Banned
could you please stop posting every rumour and gospel until its officially confirmed?

or atleast tag it with UNCONFIRMED or something cus this shit gets annoying...

Mimosa97

Any idea what the French government response is going to be? Have there been any indication as to what organization, if any these people were tied to?

Al-Qaeda in Yemen.

We're already at war against Isis and in Mali. But experts are saying we haven't been involved as we should have been.

There's also a lot of things to do to prevent these lunatics who came back from Syria from committing terror attacks. There's also the problem of radicalization in prison. They go in as small thugs and they come out as fully-brainwashed jihadists.

k37y1l3.jpg

French Hostages in Mauritania

"Do we have balls, yes or merde?"

You'll see, they'll get away with it through negotiations, yet again!"

Eric WK

I'm confused.

This hostage situation appears to have been carried out by the man and woman who shot the police officer yesterday, not by the brothers responsible for the Charlie Hebdo massacre?

E-phonk

Banned
I'm confused.

This hostage situation appears to have been carried out by the man and woman who shot the police officer yesterday, not by the brothers responsible for the Charlie Hebdo massacre?

2 seperate hostage situations. One by those from yesterday, one by the brothers. Both 40 km from each other, both ended at the same time (within five minutes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom