• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlie Hebdo attacks - Hostage situations ended, 4 hostages reportedly killed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mully

B6v91NHIMAANw5T.jpg

Steeven

Also the theory about the female suspect escaping is very unlikely, the area is still on Police lockdown. Every hostage is still in the area being checked by the paramedic and probably debriefed by the police.

Pic of the hostages being brought to ambulances by police.

Just look at that dude with his kid, I am so glad they are safe.

BfMtv is reporting that they have a huge amount of person calling them with insult towards gign and french police. Telling them they will attack french policestation... Man i hope things will not go out of control anymore.

Blablurn

the backstory about that coulibaly guy is sick. he got jailed for being part of that metro bombing in the 90 (apparently he took care about the escape route)

BUT

he got released after 2 months. wat

LNBL

Wonder what the French president is going to say. It's important to keep the nation together and not make it divided even more.

chadskin

Euronews reports there's another "security situation" in Versailles, France. Unconfirmed, grain of salt, might not be related.

MedIC86

Likeliest explaination is a totally unrelated robbery.

Well they have this guy on T.V (some guy linked to an international institute on terrorism) who is saying it most likely copycat behaviour, or that people push theire actions forward to cause more commotion.

Mimosa97

Wonder what the French president is going to say. It's important to keep the nation together and not make it divided even more.

Our President doesn't get much respect nowadays. I have to admit that i won't be listening to what he's saying. I really don't care. People don't feel represented by him. Everyone despises him and we never felt that he was our President.

E-phonk

Banned
the backstory about that coulibaly guy is sick. he got jailed for being part of that metro bombing in the 90 (apparently he took care about the escape route)

BUT

he got released after 2 months. wat

Afaik, he was involved with the planning of freeing the guy who did it out of prison. He didn't do the bombing himself.

Edit: similar drawing as the one above, by Musketon, a belgian artist

abzyshaid

Banned
sorry guys i was just trying to lighten the mood as everyone can see that we all was tensed up :) come on not one of you guys found it funny? :(

Man

Brian Stelter ‏@brianstelter 52m52 minutes ago
If true that the #CharlieHebdo magazine attackers met their fates at a printing shop... well... then the rest of this tweet writes itself.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.

Shadders

HUGE amount of salt with this one:

fh_zps6e95f1dd.jpg

If she has escaped, she's got a decent chance of getting away permanently. She couldn't really look any more generic.

"We're looking for a white woman aged somewhere between 18 and 30, she has brown hair, average height and weight... erm... no other distinguishing features."

I mean, if she puts her hair in a ponytail and puts some glasses on, you'd never recognise her.

Pacbois

From Le Monde website (one of the best news source)

What we know :

-Kouachi brothers killed in Dammartin assault. Vincennes hostage taker, supposed to be Amedy Coulibaly, also killed.
-Some hostages freed from the Vincennes hostage situation, others might have been killed, we don't know how many. At least one policemen wounded.

What we still don't know :

-How many hostages killed in Vincennes
-If they were another hostage taker in Vincennes
-What happend to the Dammartin hostage (Widely rumoured to be safe)

They also said that the female suspect might have not been in Vincennes today.

sorry guys i was just trying to lighten the mood as everyone can see that we all was tensed up :) come on not one of you guys found it funny? :(
Being funny in tense situations is almost like 100% on timing and delivery and I don't think it has ever worked outside of a real life conversation when it's this serious

RAID
GIGN
BRI

How many special forces does France have?

Our special forces are in several tiers for a total of 12+ names related to specifics operations. For example our commandos have like 4 names depending if they are tied to naval activities or not. Quite complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom