• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chess wunderkind Trump threatens Comey on Twitter

BriGuy

C_omXCsUIAAHpV5.jpg:large

Anybody wanna guess who this person is standing next to Ivanka
Vlad's wife? Mistress? Daughter?

He's obviously insinuating that Comey taped their interactions. Not that Trump himself has his own recordings.

That's not at all how I interpreted it. Looks to me like he's trying to blackmail Comey's silence by threatening to release candid conversatio's they had.

Morts

How is this not a blatant attempt to intimidate someone who will soon be asked to testify on this exact event? This should be impeachable in itself.

Kinyou

I'm so glad that the White house can't keep Trumps hands off twitter. Dude is fucking himself over again and again

If it's this easy to knock him off his game, how has he managed to not play himself to oblivion before now?! Deep pockets can't solve every problem.

Wait WHAT?

Did i read that right? the PRESIDENT of the United States has just via public form, (not even covertly) blatantly threatened the former head of the FBI, whom he has just sacked? the former head of the FBI who was investigating Trumps ties to Russia?

This
This
This is surely anther nail in that impeachment coffin? No Senator or Congressman can defend that surely?

this muther fucker. Any GOP that stands by the president is a traitor.

This isn't a banana republic, this isnt a 3rd world dictator ship. THis is the goddamn United States of America, and there better be serious repercussions for shit like this

TS-08

He's obviously insinuating that Comey taped their interactions. Not that Trump himself has his own recordings.

If Comey taped their conversations then Comey wouldn't be hoping there are no tapes, because he would know that there are. So that doesn't make sense.

But I do think something like this will be the WH spin. Because it doesn't matter whether or not it makes sense anymore.

Wait WHAT?

Did i read that right? the PRESIDENT of the United States has just via public form, (not even covertly) blatantly threatened the former head of the FBI, whom he has just sacked? the former head of the FBI who was investigating Trumps ties to Russia?

This
This
This is surely anther nail in that impeachment coffin? No Senator or Congressman can defend that surely?

GOP congressmen: "Hold my beer"

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Wow this looks guilty AF. Trump is so stupid he doesn't realize how bad this looks.

Of course they can and will.

I guess its because i'm not batshit crazy but i just cannot get my head round how anyone could unless they go down the route of "you can't take the president seriously" in which case......well come on

My head right now trying to imagine how anyone can defend this! surely we'll get breaking news that poor Spicey had this happen to him

tumblr_mdg72sKsdL1qef2y7.gif~c200

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Wait WHAT?

This
This

The word tapes was in quotes so he ment tapea on a broad term..

Remember that about wiretapping?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Release the tapes then! Would be the fastest way to clear his name, to show that he gave an accurate account of his conversation with Comey, and that Comey is lying.

Wow this looks guilty AF. Trump is so stupid he doesn't realize how bad this looks.

Well let's be honest here:
The people who should be convinced that this looks bad won't be convinced by anything that Trump does being bad.
The people who realize how bad this looks already were opposed to Trump in the first place.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Ideally this is what the Republican party will become. Actual moderates with fiscal conservative leanings. Not trash as they are now. And the Democrats will go Lefter.

God damn it do I LOATHE some people. I scrolled down two comments in that feed and saw some stupid asshole say "Anyone who supported a proven criminal like Hillary should wear it like a badge of shame..."

shiba5

God damn it do I LOATHE some people. I scrolled down two comments in that feed and saw some stupid asshole say "Anyone who supported a proven criminal like Hillary should wear it like a badge of shame..."

All they know how to do is deflect to Hillary or Obama.

Lunar15

Well let's be honest here:
The people who should be convinced that this looks bad won't be convinced by anything that Trump does being bad.
The people who realize how bad this looks already were opposed to Trump in the first place.

This, basically. The narratives are defined at this point.

The only actual thing I can see derailing trump is hard evidence of pedophilia. It's the one thing that actually seems to shake up the right.

Lmo911

If it's this easy to knock him off his game, how has he managed to not play himself to oblivion before now?! Deep pockets can't solve every problem.

Trump exists by intimidation. He screws you over and then threatens to sue you until you capitulate because you're afraid you'll go broke fighting him.

High level politics doesn't run on the same principals. The government has infinite resources and time. So it's all about what you can provide in favors. Trump doesn't help anyone but himself, he'll eventually burn one to many bridges.

Theonik

Those who are saying Trump will get impeached, as much as I would LOVE for that to happen, how?

Republicans aren't going to impeach him, he still has 96% of the support of his voters
If the republicans don't then it is the job of the electorate to throw them out of power when come the midterms. This brings us closer to that endgame.

Ogodei

Trump exists by intimidation. He screws you over and then threatens to sue you until you capitulate because you're afraid you'll go broke fighting him.

High level politics doesn't run on the same principals. The government has infinite resources and time. So it's all about what you can provide in favors. Trump doesn't help anyone but himself, he'll eventually burn one to many bridges.

He's already torched near everything, the issue is that the accountability incentives aren't there. Congress holds Trump accountable, congress is Republican controlled, and the vast majority of Republican voters are quite pleased with all of this (although the number is starting to sag).

TS-08

Here's what I think the spin will be:

There are no tapes. Trump doesn't have tapes. Comey doesn't have tapes. Trump was simply making the point that he is confident in what Comey told him about not being investigated during those conversations, and that such statements would appear if their conversations were recorded, hypothetically. Trump's point is that anything reported that states otherwise would be contradicted if someone had recorded the conversation, because the truth is Comey assured him three times that Trump is not the subject of any investigation. The idea of the conversation being taped, in quotations, is just a hypothetical the president used to make that point.

Top Bottom