• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chicago-GAF OT of Not the Second City, the BEST damn city.

Dany

Banned
Anybody else at this World Cup thing in Grant Park? This hype man is hilarious.

"How bout my midfielders, doe?!"

Yeah, I was down there for the first half. We left because we could barely sea, so we headed to plymouth (i think) which had rooftop bar. It's near Harold Washington libray (state and van buran).

Besides the stupid teens it was a great second half to watch, even if we lost :(

Viewt

Stay safe, everybody!

eZuNjtw.jpg

Crazy ass winds on the way. Possibility of hail, too.

I went to my friend's wedding today at Rosemont...which coincidentally happend during the Midwest Anime Convention. It was really surreal seeing a gigantic Indian wedding with the groom's procession coming in on a white porsche (the substitute for the horse I guess) while cosplayers were walking past it.

WoodWERD

Figured I would post here instead of starting another lazy travel thread: I'm going to be staying in Wicker Park the 11th-14th and it'll be my first time in Chicago. I can do as I please during the day so I'm looking for suggestions as time is limited. Seems like I could spend a day downtown taking pics of the scenery and seeing tourist stuff...is riding the train around the loop worth it? What are the must-sees in your opinion? Any amazing restaurants in WP for the evenings?

joelseph

Figured I would post here instead of starting another lazy travel thread: I'm going to be staying in Wicker Park the 11th-14th and it'll be my first time in Chicago. I can do as I please during the day so I'm looking for suggestions as time is limited. Seems like I could spend a day downtown taking pics of the scenery and seeing tourist stuff...is riding the train around the loop worth it? What are the must-sees in your opinion? Any amazing restaurants in WP for the evenings?

Wicker Park/Bucktown/Humboldt/Uktraine area has a massive amount of food options.

I will give you a few different options:

Lockdown: Fancy burgers that are equal to Kuma's (The head chef of Kumas left to make Lockdown) - Western/Augusta

Rangoli - Highest rated Indian food on Yelp for the Chicago area. Out of this world good. - North and Western

Bullhead Cantina - Really good artisan tacos with great drink prices - Humboldt Park

If we are talking meet-up, where are people at and what are some ideas? I know the obvious ones are Headquarters or Emporium. I'd totally be down on a weekend I'm actually in town.

Viewt

Did a mini-bar crawl last night with a buddy who's moving back to Florida (sigh). We wanted to stick close to his house, so it's all Bucktown area spots:

- Burke's Web
- Corner Bar
- Quencher's
- Map Room
- Gallery Cabaret

We all finished it easily enough. This list is easily dwarfed by our Fall Crawl last year where we did nine bars and were also doing shots at every other bar:

- Two-Way Lounge
- Cole's
- Boiler Room
- El Nueva Naranjo
- Green Eye
- Floyd's
- Map Room
- The Charleston
- Gallery Cabaret

That next morning was... hard. Today was totally preferable haha.

Viewt

Hopefully you guys didn't melt today. I think today will be the fourth of fifth time I've used my AC all summer. Oh, and because I love to be the bearer of bad news, this winter could be another doozy.

Grain of salt, though! Apparently those same people predicted a mild winter for last year, so who the fuck really knows?

You guys hear about the machete attack on the Brown Line at the Kedzie(I think?) stop?

Scary shit, I used to take Kimball to Washington/Wells and back when I went to Northeastern and worked on 25 E Washington. WTF is wrong with kids these days.

Top Bottom