• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chicago-GAF OT of Not the Second City, the BEST damn city.

Talon

You guys hear about the machete attack on the Brown Line at the Kedzie(I think?) stop?

Scary shit, I used to take Kimball to Washington/Wells and back when I went to Northeastern and worked on 25 E Washington. WTF is wrong with kids these days.
The national murder rate is lower than it was in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s and outrageously lower than the previous centuries. This myth of some pastoral past where everything was aw shucks and peaceable is bull.

Viewt

Yikes, what's up with this weather the last couple days? Feels like Chicago jumped forward a month overnight. I think it's supposed to heat up slightly next week, though.

weather got cozy.

i love the rain

iuBBSaQnxxKJf.gif

Patriots7

I walked out on Thursday and thought it was late fall.
Good thing the cold front will pass soon. Back to the 70's by mid-to-next week!

Viewt

My parents got fraudulent charges from the Jewel hack.

Bummer. One of the guys at work had a similar issue with the Jimmy Johns thing.

On an unrelated note, it looks like we sidestepped most of the crazy rain from yesterday/this morning. I slept in a bit, so my commute into work won't be too bad. Now it's just gonna be chilly for a while (low at 39/40º!).

Bummer. One of the guys at work had a similar issue with the Jimmy Johns thing.

On an unrelated note, it looks like we sidestepped most of the crazy rain from yesterday/this morning. I slept in a bit, so my commute into work won't be too bad. Now it's just gonna be chilly for a while (low at 39/40º!).
Yeah. It was coming down early morning but seemed like a lot less rain than they forecasted.

Guys, what is a good Italian restaurant where I can also reserve a party of like 10-15? I was thinking Maggiano's but I feel like theres a better option. It doesn't need to be in the city, burbs are okay too.

glow

Banned
Guys, what is a good Italian restaurant where I can also reserve a party of like 10-15? I was thinking Maggiano's but I feel like theres a better option. It doesn't need to be in the city, burbs are okay too.

Monastero's on Devon Ave would be perfect for your situation. And my Bridgeport Italian inlaws like the food there so it has that Italian stamp of approval.

Sai-kun

Banned
My family and I have been eating at Martino's on Peterson just s block or two west of Kimball for at least a decade now. Really fucking good food there, and a great vibe. Honestly have never had a bad meal from there.

kick51

Banned
i am LTTP on this but the chicagoweathercenter.com redesign suuuuucks ass. I loved the simplicity of the old one, despite it being stuck in the 90s.

Dany

Banned
lkZCMAml.jpg

If you guys commute and have ios8. Download transit and use the widget. It is a godsend go see when the trains/busses near you (or the ones favorited) without opening the app.

kick51

Banned
i need to get out of my building. motherfucker upstairs walks as hard as possible on his ankles. for now, i'm gonna go full asshole and start hammering the ceiling and shit (we've already spoken about it, he's a dick...and my building manager told me to call the police because he doesn't understand how america works)

maybe i can record it, submit a complaint, and move to a different room/building under the same management company.

Monastero's on Devon Ave would be perfect for your situation. And my Bridgeport Italian inlaws like the food there so it has that Italian stamp of approval.

My family and I have been eating at Martino's on Peterson just s block or two west of Kimball for at least a decade now. Really fucking good food there, and a great vibe. Honestly have never had a bad meal from there.

Piccolo Sogno, or La Scarola.

Thanks guys! I'll keep this in mind for next time. However my girlfriend doesn't want Italian now lol, she doesn't know what she wants but not Italian.

What are some other good restaurants around that are nice for a group with a few kids, but not fancy fancy?

reKon

Banned
Was walking home on Belmont like 30 mins ago when I approached a bunch of dudes. One of them came up to my face and punched across across the cheek. Was a weakass bitch punch. I just kinda jogged away since there was a group of six and was glad I didn't get jumped because that would have really set me off. There was a bunch of people right behind too who saw everything go down. I took the risk by not cabbing it tonight, but w/e. Black on black violence man :/

Thanks guys! I'll keep this in mind for next time. However my girlfriend doesn't want Italian now lol, she doesn't know what she wants but not Italian.

What are some other good restaurants around that are nice for a group with a few kids, but not fancy fancy?

Sorry, I really hate bumping my own stuff but I know you guys have some suggestions :) I was thinking Cite but that may be over-the-top for the kids(if they even allow kids). It doesn't need to be in the city, a north or west burn is cool too. I just want something a bit different. Also preferably a place that isn't super crazy to get to on a Friday night.

Top Bottom