• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light |OT| Beware the Night

KeRaSh

Unfortunately my Deluxe Edition won't arrive until Friday or Saturday. I was seriously considering buying it from the PSN store just to play it when I get home today. Fortunately (for my wallet) it's not up on the German store, yet. I have to stay strong...
The game looks absolutely amazing, though! Stop teasing me with gorgeous screenshots...

Keep 'em coming! ;_;

Any tips for why I can't download??? I'm desperaaate. :(

I *only* get the Golem pack downloading every time even when I'm on the main game page.

Are you sure it's not adding everything to a download queue but downloading the Golem pack first?

I didn't buy the golem pack but for whatever reason it downloaded a patch file before it downloaded the game.

Blackdog

Banned
The PS4 demo was a nice surprise. Thought I was going to have to wait for the 360 version to get one of those. Good job, Ubisoft.

Seda

Anyone else notice on the Wii u version the VO during the cut scene isn't on the gamepad? Kinda weird, wonder if bug.

Yep, it was that way for me too. I was playing offscreen as I beat the game and had to run over to turn on the TV during the scene afterwards. A bit odd.

Are you sure it's not adding everything to a download queue but downloading the Golem pack first?

I didn't buy the golem pack but for whatever reason it downloaded a patch file before it downloaded the game.

There's a day one patch that fixes several bugs.

Dice//

Banned

Naw, it just download the extra pack and that's it, like nothing else happened. I check my queue, the transaction list, and nothing -- just the Golem pack and nothing else. I preordered too...Is this a common screw up with them?

JJD

PS4 or XB1....decisions.

Well, if you have a Vita I guess the PS4 is a no brainer. If you don't have one pick the Xbone version for the better achievements. If you don't care about achievements just grab it on the console of your preference! ;-)

Sophia

This game makes full use of the Vita's touchscreen in Remote Play mode. It lets you control Igniculus exactly by simply tapping where you want him.

I really like that, as Igniculus is my only complaint so far.

Well, if you have a Vita I guess the PS4 is a no brainer. If you don't have one pick the Xbone version for the better achievements. If you don't care about achievements just grab it on the console of your preference! ;-)

Ya, I have a vita, but don't really find much use with RP. Is it up yet on XBL?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Is the game autosaving? Haven't found a save point yet.

Battle system see!s great on Hard... Lots of things to do, moves fast.
I think the touchscreen helps because there firefly moves like 3x speed when you tap vs move him with R stick

JJD

Ya, I have a vita, but don't really find much use with RP. Is it up yet on XBL?

What about achievements? On the Xbox it has a 1000 gamer score, while on PS4 it's just a couple bronze and silver trophies (no platinum).

There is probably no difference at all between the PS4 and Xbox versions. Grab it on the console you're playing the least just so you have an excuse to turn it on? Lol!

Sophia

I think the touchscreen helps because there firefly moves like 3x speed when you tap vs move him with R stick

You can adjust the speed of combat in the options. I actually slowed it down to make better use of Igniculus.

Seda

There's an icon in the corner. It auto saves after every battle and pick up (so very often). This makes game overs a non issue as you load up mere moments before.

fedexpeon

Banned
So many backlogs left to play, Mar-Apr were great/worst months for gamers.
At least I heard this game is only 10hrs.
Probably going to play the game next after I finish up my NG+ on Demon Gaze.
Can't wait to experience the awesome water-art graphic.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Tried out the demo, it's turn based so certainly not something that I'd enjoy, but it sure is purdy.
14060825574_f95586b7ef_o.png

14080399333_f6396c6934_o.png

14057177932_09bd95003e_o.png

Sophia

Tried out the demo, it's turn based so certainly not something that I'd enjoy, but it sure is purdy.

It's actually the Grandia battle system, which has a number of real time elements into it. Plus Igniculus, who can be controlled in real time and can slow down enemies or heal the party.

yatesl

I have about £9 GMG credit. With a 20% code this game would cost me less than £1.

Yet I'm still tempted to spend £16 on Amazon on the PC or PS4 special edition...

There's an icon in the corner. It auto saves after every battle and pick up (so very often). This makes game overs a non issue as you load up mere moments before.

If this is true it's buggy, I played for about 30 minutes and continue is not an option, I can only select "New Game", because apparently it never saved. And I had several battles and pick ups.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.

Cool didn't notice, thanks.

They have got to fix that VO bug.
Just got the second cutscene and I'm too Far from TV to go run in there to turn on and listen. Kind of annoying.

Otherwise really enjoying Wii u controls

Seda

If this is true it's buggy, I played for about 30 minutes and continue is not an option, I can only select "New Game", because apparently it never saved. And I had several battles and pick ups.

Hmm, I never had an issue with saving (Wii U). How weird.

Cheska

Uh so this is weird.

Bought the game online since I had to add funds via paypal. Downloaded the game, installed it, and now I'm getting the message: "Cannot start the application. This application can only be started only by a user who has a license for it".

Just to confirm, this has no plat, right?

Looks really nice. So tempted to pick it up on the PS4. If only my backlog wasn't that huge.

The game doesn't allow you to stream or capture audio with the ps4 share feature. That's a huge bummer.
Sounds like a bug than a restriction.

manzo

Uh so this is weird.

Bought the game online since I had to add funds via paypal. Downloaded the game, installed it, and now I'm getting the message: "Cannot start the application. This application can only be started only by a user who has a license for it".

Restore your licenses in system settings.

Rootbeer

Banned
I know I am getting this game... I just can't decide between steam and ps4 :( Is the steam version getting DLC because i don't see it for sale, while I see the golem DLC for sale on PSN. And does the steam version use steamworks?

Help me decide >.<

And yes I have a vita, but i don't do a lot of remoteplay (I would if my router would let me stream to my job... but apple routers and PS4 do not get along)

JJD

Man I'm loving the game! The simple JRPGs mechanics remind me of Costume Quest, even if Child of Light has more depth. Both games are great IMO!

The graphics are amazing, and the story is serviceable.

I'm so glad I bought this. Frankly this deserves a purchase even from people that are not RPG fans. Hopefully this game is a small or even big success and motivates big and medium publishers to be more creative. The game industry needs games like this. Right now there are only AAAA blockbusters or indies, we need more choice, we need a middle ground.

I'm playing on hard and I'm finding the difficulty well balanced, there are lots of ways to recover health. I think I'll only have problems on bosses, but you can't be too careless around regular enemies either. Just defeated the first boss and had to use a health item for the first time.

HORRORSHØW

just got to chapter 4. the game is amazing, especially if you like turn-based battles. be sure to crank up the difficulty and battle speed, though.

Top Bottom