• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light |OT| Beware the Night

antibolo

Banned
Wait what, the Wii U version is only 720p?

Fuck, now I'm not sure anymore, I have a PS4 but it's currently hooked up to a smaller TV that does not really benefit from 1080p due to being too far.

Yep, 720p like the 360/PS3 versions.

You should just get it for the PS4 because it also doesn't sound like the Wii U pad adds much to the gameplay either, unless you think so Seda?

Seda

Yep, 720p like the 360/PS3 versions.

You should just get it for the PS4 because it also doesn't sound like the Wii U pad adds much to the gameplay either, unless you think so Seda?

I only used it for off screen play. Controlling Igniculus with the stick was more comfortable for me, but in any case, both of those things can be done with PS4&Vita combo anyway.

I suppose if Vita actually plays the spoken dialogue during the voiced scenes then that's one advantage to it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hahaha should have gone "physical" Jase. Saying that I did spend £1+ for the privilege and not having it add to the Steam count in a minus point. Still from the brief bit of mucking about I've done it looks delish so I can put that to one side :p

Physical for a game still up on the store? Surely you jest. :p

I'm watching dansgaming play it on twitch right now and i'm not seeing it anywhere so far. There haven't been any boss-fights or anything yet tho.

Yeah I've played an hour or so and haven't seen anything either. It seems like a weird thing to not have. There are damage point numbers when you hit an enemy, but it doesn't look like there is an overall health indicator, unless I'm just dumb and missing it.

Head.spawn

Yeah I've played an hour or so and haven't seen anything either. It seems like a weird thing to not have. There are damage point numbers when you hit an enemy, but it doesn't look like there is an overall health indicator, unless I'm just dumb and missing it.

I'm watching a bossfight right now and it does seem like the enemies are giving visual cues to their health/state. No health bars for sure though.

Game looks great so far, I'll probably pick it up within the next few days.

oxidax

8Sxlteul.jpg

gmSQ0Syl.jpg

emoji-thumbs-up-image.png

legbone

I thought this was going to get a bit of a discount for plus members?

i'm not sure if this game is getting a discount but sometimes it takes a few hours or so before the plus discount starts showing up. i'm thinking this has happened with games in the past but i'm running on memory i could be mistaken. i remember some game not too long ago taking a while for the plus discount to become active for some reason. but i'm not too sure this one is getting a discount.

edit: did some research and i don't think there is a discount on this game.

ckohler

Is there reason to believe otherwise?

I saw someone streaming from PS4 yesterday (yes, prior to release) but there was no sound.

Today, everyone I've seen streaming on PS4 have their mics on so I can't tell if the game audio is coming though or if it's just their mics picking it up.

JCX

Ugh, trying to choose between PS4 and Wii U versions. If the controls don't use shoulder buttons much, I may go PS4.

Either way, I'll probably do remote play for both since I like playing RPGs on handhelds.

ckohler

I just checked again and several PS4 streams had no game audio.

Damn it, Ubisoft! Why block the game audio from being streamed!?!

wrog

They are still subscribing to the ridiculous "Wednesdays are digital days!" they invented a decade ago.

They really need to be more flexible... especially seeing how they were pushing online so hard before launch.
Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut was released on Tuesday on Xbox One. I think it was Ubisoft decision, they always said 30th April for all platforms.

Zafir

Sigh, Shopto and their rubbish packaging. Got my deluxe edition, but the box is a bit crumpled due to them using a padded envelope for it. :Z

careksims

Was thinking it would be released on Wed 30th for the PS4 and boom! There it is! In the morning! So much better than the PS3 days where we gotta wait in the afternoon or even later for things to be posted.

Dr Dogg

Couple more

Sigh, Shopto and their rubbish packaging. Got my deluxe edition, but the box is a bit crumpled due to them using a padded envelope for it. :Z

Yeah mine coming from amazon didn't fare too well either. Unfolded the box and got it sandwiched between about 40kg's of books at the mo.

How are you already playing this on the PC? It's still not unlocked yet on Steam.

Bought the Deluxe pack which came with codes for uPlay that are already good to go. Though I am at the mercy of uPlay's patching which I have never had much luck with.

I'm watching a bossfight right now and it does seem like the enemies are giving visual cues to their health/state. No health bars for sure though.

Game looks great so far, I'll probably pick it up within the next few days.
Theres no indicator but when they are low on health they well bend foward or look like they are about to die.

Got my ass handed to me by the second boss big boss - gotta grind. Wasn't expecting that. I find the combat to be a bit hectic, to be honest, you can get in a real mess if you don't properly manage the battle timeline (as getting hit interrupts your turn).

Zukuu said:
So what is your set up for best-in-slot Oculi? I'm rolling with:

Spinel
Amethyst
Spinel

I'm using the following, currently;

Citrine
Diamond
Ruby

Nose Master

I have a Wii-U and PS4. Are the touch/firefly dude controls manageable on PS4, or is it a better playing experience on Wii-U?

My TV is ancient and only goes up to 720p anyways

jett

D-Member
Oh wow I totally missed the fact that it was a turn-based RPG. The demo was surprising to say the least. :p

I have a Wii-U and PS4. Are the touch/firefly dude controls manageable on PS4, or is it a better playing experience on Wii-U?

You can control the firefly dude with the touchpad as well. Very easy from what I have played

Only had time for the first chapter but wow is this a beautiful game. And the sound—everything from the music to the sound of Aurora's bare feet—is great. The battle system is pretty interesting. I like the strategy required for facing enemies of different speeds. Especially with Firefly.

I just used the right stick on my Gamepad for Firefly.

Zukuu

Banned
General tips:
-You can use the firefly glow on your character to regenerate HP. Works IN and OUTSIDE of battles. That makes the game much easier once you know it.
-Set the SFX to 7 and keep the music at 10 for the bestsound balance (imo).
-Ruby (R), Sapphire (S), Emerald (E). Possibly combinations without effects:
3 of the same will yield a better quality Oculi. e.g. R+R+R = lvl 2 Ruby. For level 3 you need 3x lvl 2 of the same.
R+S = Amethyst (A)
R+E = Critine (C)
S+E = Tourmaline (T)
R+S+E = Diamond (D)
A+C+T = Onyx (O)
D+O = Spinel
There might be more, that's all I've found so far tho.

anddo0

General tips:
-You can use the firefly glow on your character to regenerate HP. Works IN and OUTSIDE of battles. That makes the game much easier once you know it.
-Set the SFX to 7 and keep the music at 10 for the bestsound balance (imo).
-Ruby (R), Sapphire (S), Emerald (E). Possibly combinations without effects:
3 of the same will yield a better quality Oculi. e.g. R+R+R = lvl 2 Ruby. For level 3 you need 3x lvl 2 of the same.
R+S = Amethyst (A)
R+E = Critine (C)
S+E = Tourmaline (T)
R+S+E = Diamond (D)
A+C+T = Onyx (O)
D+O = Spinel
There might be more, that's all I've found so far tho.

GTFO! Nice tip.

You can use the touch pad on PS4 which I find to be the best option. Makes it much easier to collect the orbs (wishes) in order to produce better results.

Also I am loving the game sooo much. Music is epic, art is awesome, and best of all gameplay is exactly what I've been wanting.

So glad I bought this!

Top Bottom