• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light |OT| Beware the Night

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I could swear PSN told me that I could download it at 12:01 AM 4/29. Maybe I've gone crazy.

Edit: Just checked. My PS4 definitely says available 4/29.

Release date for this game is all over the place. Official website says 30th. PSN says 29th. If you go to Nintendo's website it also says 29th. This OP says 30th.

Can't get a straight answer.

Seda

Release date for this game is all over the place. Official website says 30th. PSN says 29th. If you go to Nintendo's website it also says 29th. This OP says 30th.

Can't get a straight answer.

The official press releases from Ubisoft have always said April 30th, although some of the storefronts say tomorrow. A little weird. I guess we'll see.

The official press releases from Ubisoft have always said April 30th, although some of the storefronts say tomorrow. A little weird. I guess we'll see.

I really hope I can get it in 6-ish hours. It's been a hell of a day and I've been counting on having it tonight to chill out since yesterday.

freakzilla3000

I've been playing this over the weekend and it is AWESOME so far (I got a review copy for myvideogamenews).

I thought it would be good but not this good. The artwork is breathtaking and the story is very nice. I have it for Wii U and is an amazing experience thus far.

greg400

Banned
Definitely going to pick this up. I really like the fact that it seems like a sizeable JRPG as opposed to some daunting massive one that could take weeks to complete. That's part of the reason I've stayed clear from the genre as of late.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
is this out at midnight?

aro52

is this out at midnight?

Should be. When you add it to your cart on the PS web store, it says "come back anytime after 12:01am EST". So if you're on the west coast, ya might get it at 9pm! (sometimes they do this, sometimes they hold it until midnight PST.)

So, who do you think makes the best art: Ubisoft Montreal (Child of Light) or Vanillaware (Dragon's Crown)?

Aww shit. I'd have to give this one to Vanillaware just because they're my most favoritest ever. But I am a pretty big Ubi fan, too. They're one of only a handful of studios anymore that still makes a case for games as art.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Got Wii U version.

I'm still playing dark souls 2, so it's going to be interesting alternating between this experience and DS2's world every other day haha!

I got a PS4 code from Ubisoft (YouTube reviews) and they said the game unlocked tomorrow. I redeemed it and the game immediately started downloading and was playable once the download was complete. So I'm not sure when the game is "out".

I got a PS4 code from Ubisoft (YouTube reviews) and they said the game unlocked tomorrow. I redeemed it and the game immediately started downloading and was playable once the download was complete. So I'm not sure when the game is "out".

Thanks. Anecdotes like this give me hope that I'll have it in a few hours.

Seda

Just checked my game. After beating the final boss, you can still explore the world in its entirety to finish up sidequests and gather collectables, or you can 'reset' your file with a New Game + to go through the story again with stronger enemies while keeping your levels and such. Seems like 'maxing' out characters will require a New Game + as end-game enemy EXP is a tad low to finish out the skill paths. At the end of the game I was still several skill points away from 'maxing'.

There were a few sidequests I never got around to finishing, most of them resulted in gems and consumables although I wonder if I missed something significant. The sidequests usually involve finding and solving a puzzle or clearing out some enemies.

Deap92x

Banned
Just checked my game. After beating the final boss, you can still explore the world in its entirety to finish up sidequests and gather collectables, or you can 'reset' your file with a New Game + to go through the story again with stronger enemies while keeping your levels and such. Seems like 'maxing' out characters will require a New Game + as end-game enemy EXP is a tad low to finish out the skill paths. At the end of the game I was still several skill points away from 'maxing'.

There were a few sidequests I never got around to finishing, most of them resulted in gems and consumables although I wonder if I missed something significant. The sidequests usually involve finding and solving a puzzle or clearing out some enemies.

how long is the game?

jacobeid

Banned
I'm torn. I'm starting a new program in a week and I just got Fire Emblem in the mail. That's grabbing all of my attention and then for the next three months I'm going to be incredibly busy. As much as I want to play this game, I could probably be frugal and wait for a sale on PSN given how quickly they've been coming.

Game looks so good though.

JJD

Depends if you want to lay in bed and play off TV play, that the experience I went for.

Also touch controls.

Ps4 has a higher resolution

You probably can play the game on a Vita if you buy the PS4 version and play 500 miles away from home! ;-)

Anyway, pre ordered the game now comes the boring part, waiting for the release...

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Does the purchase option being gone mean it's supposed to be available tonight? (Post 12AM)

Tempted by the Deluxe Edition but will probably just buy the digital edition once I'm done with University work.

Wasn't following too closely until the reviews but looks to be right up my street.

Beaulieu

i see no buy button on the web store :(

edit ; there it is... :)
edit2 : bought it on the webstore, but wont let me start my download :/

Top Bottom