• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light |OT| Beware the Night

69wpm

Tomorrow in EU eShop.

Wondering this myself. Thought I might get it on Wii U just to have another game to play on it.

Does anyone know if the Wii U version supports the Pro Controller also?

On the Nintendo site it says Gamepad and Wii Remote only.

wouwie

I have never played an RPG but i always thought i should try it at least once (although i'm pretty sure it will not be my cup of tea). This seems to be the ideal way of finding out: low price point and an easy mode for beginners. It helps that the game looks absolutely fantastic and i so want to purchase this in support of Ubisoft since i love this kind of beautiful, smaller scale games (Valiant Hearts is one of my most anticipated games for the rest of the year).

I will certainly give the demo a try and see if i can get into this. I assume that the normal mode is suitable for gamers that are complety new to the genre? Is there enough guidance/help to get to grips with the gameplay?

Hmm...it's saying it's not yet available on my eShop. Could it be because I'm in Japan, even though I'm using a NA Wii U?

EDIT: That would hardly make sense, now that I think about it, considering I'm 16 hours ahead of the West Coast.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hmm...it's saying it's not yet available on my eShop. Could it be because I'm in Japan, even though I'm using a NA Wii U?

EDIT: That would hardly make sense, now that I think about it, considering I'm 16 hours ahead of the West Coast.

Not up on the Wii U for me either and I'm on the East Coast. I'm staring at the eshop screen right now as I was gonna try and download before I leave the house. No dice.

Not up on the Wii U for me either and I'm on the East Coast. I'm staring at the eshop screen right now as I was gonna try and download before I leave the house. No dice.
FWIW, NES Remix 2 ddidn't launch at midnight but instead at 9AM PST the morning after. Could be the same here?

MrBS

I had a quick go of the demo on PS4 and not feeling it. Odd. Gorgeous 2D and turn based RPG. I should be all over this but this isn't happening any time soon.

Wow @ dat watermark..good thing I got an elgato..

And why does the xbox one still not get digital games at midnight unless its titanfall or somethin?

You won't even be getting it today, it doesn't release until tomorrow for XB1, same thing happened with Trials.

Which is funny in a way since MS went away with the different game branding and said "a game is a game is a game on Xbox One", yet they don't even release the digital games the same day as retail games, they still stick to their dumb Tuesday retail, Wednesday digital schedule from 360.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
FWIW, NES Remix 2 ddidn't launch at midnight but instead at 9AM PST the morning after. Could be the same here?

I just wondered cause unlike most releases this is a multiplat from Ubi. I wondered if Nintendo would hit the button at midnight to not give Sony an edge.

Dr Dogg

Cross posting from the Steam thread.

Just popped home for lunch and was greeted by this sitting in the porch...
IHrWNK9l.jpg

Extras are a bit 'meh'. The 'artbook' is just a saddle stitched pamphlet (that cost pennies to make) but is on quite reasonable paper stock, the poster is also on decent quality paper, almost like watercolour stock. The key ring is not my cup of tea and then there's 'ULC' which Ubi will more than likely sell at a later date.

Honestly if I didn't get it for a smidge of £13 I'd be really kicking myself. I'd say just pick it up on PSN, Steam or uPlay unless any of these extra appeal to you as they're not really worth the asking price.

Also thanks to the great postal service here the box got a battering as well.

Edit: Oh yeah some pertinent information .You can activate it on uPlay now and the download size is 2444mb. Seams about the same as the quoted PS4 size.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
People who have played it:

Is this the kind of game that needs a good D-Pad? Are there platforming elements?

I want to get the game on Steam, but if it needs a good D-Dpad I'm going with the PS4 SKU.

Famassu

Somewhat accidentally bought this. I had a pre-order of the DE from Amazon before they removed free shipping and had forgotten about it. Was greeted by a "your order has shipped" email today. Would probably have cancelled had I remembered I had it preordered due to my monetary situation. But whatevs, not too unhappy about it.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Also, isn't the game supposed to have a PS+ discount? Has it just not been applied to the PS Store yet?

Is this the kind of game that needs a good D-Pad? Are there platforming elements?

I want to get the game on Steam, but if it needs a good D-Dpad I'm going with the PS4 SKU.

Seeing as you can fly, I'm going to go with no need for a good D-pad and the platforming elements are minor at best.

Only on Chapter 3 though, I suppose things could change.

You won't even be getting it today, it doesn't release until tomorrow for XB1, same thing happened with Trials.

Which is funny in a way since MS went away with the different game branding and said "a game is a game is a game on Xbox One", yet they don't even release the digital games the same day as retail games, they still stick to their dumb Tuesday retail, Wednesday digital schedule from 360.

Yeah, it's pretty strange. I at least hope they have an Xbox One demo for this tomorrow alongside the game. Not holding my breath though since they've been really ropey when it comes to demos on that system.

Zukuu

Banned
Why the fuck isn't it available on DE PSN yet but in the US? Now I need to add another 20 bucks from a 3rd party website. >_>

yatesl

Still undecided between PC and PS4. I spent most of my free time on my PC, so that's a benefit (as well as downsampling from 4k or higher).

However, although the PS4 is on a small awkward TV, it has trophies...

Still undecided between PC and PS4. I spent most of my free time on my PC, so that's a benefit (as well as downsampling from 4k or higher).

However, although the PS4 is on a small awkward TV, it has trophies...

No platinum though if that is a deal breaker or not in your trophy hunt

Zukuu

Banned
Because European PSN updates on wednesdays.
First time that I noticed it since I wanted the EU version for cross buy. I usually buy in the US shop anyway, cuz the EU gets shafted in prices like always.

Glorious week ahead. First Child of Light and then Octo Dad.

Pimpwerx

I love the game. Playing on normal and got to ch4 before passing out. A nice, relaxing experience but with the addiction of character growth that makes RPGs fun. I do need to read more about crafting though.

BTW, is the golem DLC just that one side mission? I'm pretty disappointed if so. I cleared it in like 5minutes, and only because I spent time exploring. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

No. You get flight in the first hour or so. I use the analog sticks for movement. PEACE.

Jolkien

Love the game so far. Made it past the second boss. Only died once on a random encounter I misplayed. Hard difficulty seems just right.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Why why why is xbox one getting these games on a Wednesday. Ps4 got trials fusion a day early, now this.

They are still subscribing to the ridiculous "Wednesdays are digital days!" they invented a decade ago.

They really need to be more flexible... especially seeing how they were pushing online so hard before launch.

antibolo

Banned
So has there been any hints of a Vita port incoming?

I want the game regardless of platform but I feel like I should wait, after how Rayman Legends got a Vita version on day one, it seems weird for Ubisoft to just ignore the Vita for their next UbiArt Framework game. Or did Rayman Legends sold that poorly?

With that said the Wii U version looks interesting.

Shinta

Banned
I saw in the review that you have to move a sprite around with the right stick. Can you do this on the touch screen on Wii U?

If so, seems like a pretty huge difference in control.

-PXG-

I guess with all the rhyming and lack of actual voice acting, I kinda wish this game had a Banjo Kazooie-like mumble/ gibberish effect during dialogue. Just something. Some kind of queue to know when to pay attention to text especially while I'm doing something and not standing idely

schlew

I saw in the review that you have to move a sprite around with the right stick. Can you do this on the touch screen on Wii U?

I was hoping so, but reviews only mentioned using the Wii Remote.

Seda

You can, but I found it much easier to control using the stick.

Dunno about the Wii U but you can definitely move Igniculus with the touchpad on the DS4, and it's much faster than using the right stick. Clicking in the pad also toggles his cast light function instead of making you hold down a shoulder button to keep him lit.

Gamechanger for me in battle because I kept fumbling with the controls trying to remember to keep L2 held to slow enemies while focusing on other things.

Dr Dogg

I wish Ubi would move up the PC release date seeing as the game is out on PSN US.

Hahaha should have gone "physical" Jase. Saying that I did spend £1+ for the privilege and not having it add to the Steam count in a minus point. Still from the brief bit of mucking about I've done it looks delish so I can put that to one side :p

Top Bottom