• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light |OT| Beware the Night

ohlawd

hmm wonder why there's no option to manage your skillset after gaining a level. there is no reason to withhold your points, no?

super minor complaint.

Nairume

Banned
What was the deal with the WiiU version not pumping voice audio to the pad when playing on that?

I was definitely getting voice on it when I started the game.

Beaulieu

hmm wonder why there's no option to manage your skillset after gaining a level. there is no reason to withhold your points, no?

super minor complaint.

You mean you would like it better if it was forcing you to upgrade you skill right away ?
How so ? I prefer it that way, if I dont want to deal with skills at the moment I can do it later.

What was the deal with the WiiU version not pumping voice audio to the pad when playing on that?

I was definitely getting voice on it when I started the game.

I dont think there is audio for the in-game bubbles, only for cinematics.

ohlawd

You mean you would like it better if it was forcing you to upgrade you skill right away ?
How so ? I prefer it that way, if I dont want to deal with skills at the moment I can do it later.
as an option, at least. maybe press x or y if you want to do so. press a or b if you don't wanna yet.

Beaulieu

as an option, at least. maybe press x or y if you want to do so. press a or b if you don't wanna yet.

There is... when I level up, theres a window where pressing "option" will bring me to the skills screen. Same for when I find one of these "orbs".

Only played about 45 minutes yesterday night so maybe the option disapears later ?

ohlawd

There is... when I level up, theres a window where pressing "option" will bring me to the skills screen. Same for when I find one of these "orbs".

Only played about 45 minutes yesterday night so maybe the option disapears later ?
whaaaa

well, that's weird. After the level up screen (and consequently, the battle) pressing Start leads me to the skill menu rather than the main menu. That's already better than most level up systems. Saves me an extra button press :p

ok I gotta level up again. Maybe I missed something?

Seda

Hows Normal, Hard is a nice challenge.

Personally, Normal was boring me until I switched to Hard. I never needed to use a single item.

Besides enemy stat changes of course, on Normal the flower pods in-battle released HP/MP orbs too, which makes it even easier to keep your party healthy. Especially when they are in /every/ battle.

Beaulieu

whaaaa

well, that's weird. After the level up screen (and consequently, the battle) pressing Start leads me to the skill menu rather than the main menu. That's already better than most level up systems. Saves me an extra button press :p

ok I gotta level up again. Maybe I missed something?

Im on Ps4 and its only a small "option" button prompt over Aurora's head when I level up. Stays there maybe for 15 seconds.

jwk94

So does Aurora's skill tree expand after a while? I skimmed through it and it looks like I'm missing the fire attack she used in the reveal trailer.

Seda

So does Aurora's skill tree expand after a while? I skimmed through it and it looks like I'm missing the fire attack she used in the reveal trailer.

I'm not sure the meteor attack is in the final game (I never obtained it) but:

spoilers

Part way through the game she transforms to teenage/young adult which will fill in those blank slots on the skill trees

Shin-Ra

Surprised it's only 720p on PS360U, it didn't look as graphically rich as Rayman Legends in the trailers. Got the PS4 demo remote-downloading for later, anyway. :D

You won't even be getting it today, it doesn't release until tomorrow for XB1, same thing happened with Trials.

Which is funny in a way since MS went away with the different game branding and said "a game is a game is a game on Xbox One", yet they don't even release the digital games the same day as retail games, they still stick to their dumb Tuesday retail, Wednesday digital schedule from 360.
Yea screw that mess.. thats some bull

Vitanimus

Not sure if it's been posted/mentioned, but I got around the lock on the PS4 version by selecting download to PS4 on the SEN website (having downloaded it already) and when I checked it said "playable", and the lock was gone. Unless it should be like that anyway. This is in the EU btw.

antibolo

Banned
PS4, because of the sickeningly awesome VITA Remote Play.

PS4 Remote Play is so overrated. The 30 FPS cap completely kills it, and makes it look like shit compared to the Wii U.

Surprised it's only 720p on PS360U, it didn't look as graphically rich as Rayman Legends in the trailers. Got the PS4 demo remote-downloading for later, anyway. :D

Yeah I don't get it either, the Rayman games were full 1080p on every platform. Why the hell can't this game be 1080p on every previous gen too, or at the very least on the goddamn Wii U.

bfwings55

If anyone is debating, I fully recommend getting it on Wii U. It's much easier to control the firefly with the screen, and at least I didn't notice it wasn't 1080p. Also, man, it's a new game on Wii U, support the system. haha

Grisby

Game looks great. I love you UbiArt engine.

Everything feels very melancholy but the rhyming dialog can be a little eeehhh, so far.

Made it about 3 chapters or so in and had to stop. I have to admit to grinning like an idiot when you're able
to fly. Was getting some Kameo/fairy vibes.

I just read that the game is about 12 hours...

Every game needs to be 40 hours minimum!!

Wishful thinking I know.

No thanks, 40 hrs is too long for me these days, 12 hours is more then enough for a $15 downloadable game, even a rpg, as long as it plays well.

Dr Dogg

Some of the multi-plane transitions are to die for. Kind of reminds me of Chinese shadow plays. Very smooth on the first real boss encounter and a subsequent scene there after.

Normal is a bit too easy though. I can power through most encounters without being hit by getting constant interrupts and by juggling which opponent to
slow down.
Going to bump it up to hard and relish the challenge as the combat system so far seems very fluid (never played Grandia so don't have a point of reference with the comparison I heard was mentioned).

Edit: Ok traversal has just got waaaay more fun. I must have a big smirk on my face right now.

halfbeast

Banned
bought the special edition (boxed) that comes with this neat looking keychain. saw it has batteries but can't figure out how to get it to work, I'm guessing it glows? just like that or do I have to do something? unscrewed all the parts, can't figure out what's in there, looks really cheaply made.

other than that, that amano artwork is gorgeous! game's fine too, nothing spectacular, but really fun (love the alchemy-thingy with those stones, very reminiscent of soul sacrifice!).

Foshy

I impulse bought the deluxe edition earlier today and started it up tonight. Enjoying this much more than I thought I would, for some reason. Beautifully relaxing game. Still getting the hang of the battle system but it works great. Playing on hard.

Oh, and having played Rayman Origins/Legends before there's some stuff that seems oddly familiar ;) you can really tell it's running on the same engine. Still beautiful though.

Shin-Ra

Not quite my thing stylistically as I expected but I did find the layering on this chimney smoke pleasing. And some of the interactions between the characters/hair/world.

iyLgtZPjnrk2Y.gif

And the PS4 patch details are about five pages long with just the launch update!

nampad

Just to be sure, the EU corssbuy works both ways? If I buy the PS4 version, I get the PS3 version and vice versa. Wouldn't ask if there isn't the Sportsfriends bundle, which is only crossbuy when you buy the PS3 version.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Anyone know If this patch that just downloaded fixes the issue on wii u where voice audio doesn't stream to gamepad during cut scenes?

My only issue

Calcium

Banned
I'm enjoying the game so far. Not sure how far I am in, but I assume I am about 75% of the way through currently. My only issue with the game right now is the rhyming dialogue is pretty annoying at times. In my opinion if they dropped the gimmick and tried to present a straightforward story the game would have been better off.

Top Bottom