• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light |OT| Beware the Night

ReaperXL7

So I ran into a bug I think I'm on the quest
where you clear out the rat guys basement with all the fire guys. I got them all I think. Checked around a few times and the quest still won't complete.
Anyone else ran into this?

Yeah I thought the same thing. There is actually a chest that is kind of tough to spot in the room behind the locked door. It has a fire reaper in it that you have to kill.

Took me a few minutes of wandering around to find it because I also thought the quest was bugged.

Yeah I thought the same thing. There is actually a chest that is kind of tough to spot in the room behind the locked door. It has a fire reaper in it that you have to kill.

Took me a few minutes of wandering around to find it because I also thought the quest was bugged.
I killed the guy in the chest :(
Edit: Nvm I found the other chest. Thanks! I passed by that thing like 10 times

Nose Master

I just read that the game is about 12 hours...

Every game needs to be 40 hours minimum!!

Wishful thinking I know.

I'd much rather 10-15 refined hours than an extra 25 of filler. I'm gettin' old, I don't got time / attention span for 40+ hours.

I'd much rather 10-15 refined hours than an extra 25 of filler. I'm gettin' old, I don't got time / attention span for 40+ hours.

I still enjoy long games, but it seems that I just find more downloadable games these days that appeal to me than I do full-priced retail titles. But I think that's got a lot to do with the fact that downloadable games are cheaper to make and distribute, and therefore developers can take more risks with games that might otherwise be too niche to get a retail release.

I just downloaded it, going to wait to play it until tomorrow though.

I'm curious though, is any of the DLC worth it? I know they have the microtransactions but it seems one of the packs actually adds a quest and two others add some sort of customization. They're pretty cheap but not sure if it's worth spending the money on them.

I'm curious though, is any of the DLC worth it? I know they have the microtransactions but it seems one of the packs actually adds a quest and two others add some sort of customization. They're pretty cheap but not sure if it's worth spending the money on them.

I'm up to Chapter 5 and it seems like most of the DLC is just a quicker way to stock up on items.

HUELEN10

Just wanted to say that Ubisoft wasted a huge opportunity in controls with the Wii U version; Nunchuck Combo would be so fucking natural. Any hope in implementing it via patch? Who does one email, or should this be a twitter kind of thing? At least the game is pretty.

ohlawd

Just wanted to say that Ubisoft wasted a huge opportunity in controls with the Wii U version; Nunchuck Combo would be so fucking natural. Any hope in implementing it via patch? Who does one email, or should this be a twitter kind of thing? At least the game is pretty.
yeah I know :/

this kinda thing is best suited for twitter

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Arrived at work, first thing I did was get me some sweet physicalodigital box.

Can't wait to get home and try this buhbay.

Gambit

downloading on Wii U.

BTW: Are there language options? I want to hear the stilted English rhyming. I can only imagine how awful that would be in German. (maybe there is only an English version anyway)

doraemoe

Having played it for an hour, so far so good, love the art style and music. But one thing bothers me though, do anyone think the switch time to battle is a little bit too long? I'm playing Wii U version.

Wow, a bunch of DLC was added on Steam. I might get that Golem's Plight pack for the extra quest and character. The rest I'll wait for a sale on.

Dr Dogg

Wow, a bunch of DLC was added on Steam. I might get that Golem's Plight pack for the extra quest and character. The rest I'll wait for a sale on.

Yeah I noticed when I was activating my DLC that there's 2 skin packs, the Golem pack and 4 resource packs. Then looking at the uPlay rewards you get similar resources in exchange for points (some are redeemable 3 times). I haven't read to much into the descriptions but they are for the crafting mechanic so whether they are unique or not I don't know but the Golem pack seams like most worth while.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I finally bought the game last night, eager to play it tonight after work, only to find out right after release that it has day-one DLC. Man, I feel so pissed off, and of course only one of the seven pieces of DLC came with the preorder. None of which I had seen advertised anywhere prior to this, mind you (except for the preorder bonus).

Seriously, I didn't even download the game and I already feel I should have waited for a lower price. Way to make your customers happy Ubi :/

murgo

Is anyone else having problems with their Igniculus key ring? Getting it to light up is a bit hit and miss.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
It's beautiful, but I'm hating it because of its JRPG-ness.

Played about a half an hour on hard. I like it but does difficulty have an effect on enemy ambushes? I just started and a bunch of ghosts ambush me every single time.

It's based on positioning before the fight.
You can stun them with the little floating helper guy, then get behind them while they're stunned and ambush them every time.

KeRaSh

Any chance the demo is actually the full game and I can unlock it with the code from the deluxe edition once it arrives? I probably won't get the game until Saturday and I don't want to wait even longer for it to then download...

Andrew.

Banned
Just downloaded but wont play til later. Are there any Metroid/SOTN similarities in this (cause it looks like there would be)?

vpance

Sorry to hear that :( I'll keep it in mind.

Yeah, sucks. Already restarted though and am speeding through it after knowing the tricks.

You'll see a little spinning wheel in the lower right corner when it saves. It saves often. Every chest opened, battle or change of "area". By ch4 it's saved dozens of times. PEACE.

I think it was because I kept playing after unlocking the demo through the store in game. Should've relaunched, ah well.

Edit: The game controls really well on Vita!

The_Monk

My copy just shipped but since tomorrow is a National holiday I will only have my copy on Friday. I think this is going to be a great game to play after been playing a lot of Dark Souls II recently, can't wait. Loving the art and music from what I've seen. :)

PS4 version, by the way, the price was just too good and I will be happy to support them day one.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hmm, just received the boxed version. It's a real damn shame they didn't include a disc (which I knew ahead of time), but still, the rest of the goodies are quite nice and it didn't really add much to the cost of buying it. The little key chain trinket is surprisingly well made, I must say.

KeRaSh

Yeah, sucks. Already restarted though and am speeding through it after knowing the tricks.

I think it was because I kept playing after unlocking the demo through the store in game. Should've relaunched, ah well.

Edit: The game controls really well on Vita!

So the demo IS the full game without a license? If I download the demo and then enter the code from the deluxe edition I wouldn't have to download the full game again?

Top Bottom