• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light |OT| Beware the Night

I'm REALLY enjoying this game! The art is beautiful, the game is fun, and I LOVE the music.

Fun fact: the person who composed the music for this game is 24 from Montreal! I had no idea who she was before this game. You can see her Wikipedia page here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cœur_de_pirate

I just downloaded the soundtrack off iTunes. I can't get enough of it. Love Aurora's Theme and Pilgrims on a Long Journey.

Man, I just found out about it on Miiverse.

#MINDBLOWN

Moonlight

Banned
I'm REALLY enjoying this game! The art is beautiful, the game is fun, and I LOVE the music.

Fun fact: the person who composed the music for this game is 24 from Montreal! I had no idea who she was before this game. You can see her Wikipedia page here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cœur_de_pirate

I just downloaded the soundtrack off iTunes. I can't get enough of it. Love Aurora's Theme and Pilgrims on a Long Journey.
Her actual music is really phenomenal stuff.

vpance

The music is ok, but there needs to be more variety. It's soo melancholy. Wish it was more FF style TBH -_-

It only protects in that you can't be interrupted during the defend, but if you take another turn, that defend is no longer the active action. It still protects against damage that turn, but won't stop interruptions. There are spells and items that protect against that, though.

When you defend you're set back (not interuppted) and have greatly increased speed for the next turn while also having increased defense. If your opponent is before you and will interrupt you, you defend, get less damage and be faster than any other opponent on your turn so you won't get interrupted with the next attack.

But yeah, I hate the interrupt system too. I would be fine for casts, but not for normal attacks and defensive skills.

Thanks, that actually makes more sense. For whatever reason the wording made me think that using Defend would stop you from being interrupted on your next attack but I guess that's not the case.

Anyway I just finished chapter 6. Loving it so far and it's pretty much everything I expected it to be. I kind of wish they had included the ability to have a third party member and adjusted the difficulty accordingly but aside from that I have absolutely no complaints. The game is a masterpiece so far.

madhtr

I still can't find this 6th damn statue... They hide stuff really well in this game, even in plain sight sometimes.

daydream

Banned
Weird bug after I pressed Start right after a battle when the game was loading in a conversation involving a new party member. I had done it before and it was no problem, but this time, after distributing the points and closing the Start menu, I was just seeing the background of the game, couldn't do anything, neither move, nor open a menu, etc.

Had to restart the game. Then this happened:

Character spoiler (ch.7)

At least I didn't miss that conversation, lol.

Phatmac

The battle theme for when you enter the well with Finn is incredible. I absolutely love the combat system. Man this game is a steal at $15.

Nose Master

Mann. The gem (light blue?) that adds paralysis to your attacks is fuuuuucked. I was also mashing buttons while talking to my room mate on the crafting screen, and I got an orange/yellow stone. It adds light to attacks and some other stuff. Is that random or can you actively choose to make those?

Mann. The gem (light blue?) that adds paralysis to your attacks is fuuuuucked. I was also mashing buttons while talking to my room mate on the crafting screen, and I got an orange/yellow stone. It adds light to attacks and some other stuff. Is that random or can you actively choose to make those?

The crafting recipes are always the same.

Combining Ruby and Emerald together makes Citrine (the yellow gem).

Here's a pretty good crafting guide. It's not 100% complete but it's the best I've seen so far.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=574841

HORRORSHØW

almost to the end and then bam:

BmiOEp7CUAA2jyB.jpg:large

welp.

Feep

Banned
I'm really enjoying this game, but the one thing I can't stand is the rhyming. No consistent meter, flow, or scheme. It's bonkers, and seems really awkward and forced.

Everything else is AMAZEBALLS though.

daydream

Banned
I'm really enjoying this game, but the one thing I can't stand is the rhyming. No consistent meter, flow, or scheme. It's bonkers, and seems really awkward and forced.

Everything else is AMAZEBALLS though.

Yes, it's bad,
even though it could have been kinda rad.
Reading it and seeing the metre all over the place is making me pretty sad.
I hope the writers are.. happy. (Igniculus: You mean "glad", right?)

sfried

Just played it for an hour. Man...the atmosphere...

I have the WiiU version and so far not a single problem with UPlay.

Would love to see some great screenshots that people are taking with this game. It's absolutely f**king beautiful.

Time for a new desktop wallpaper

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Played a couple hours of this, like everybody else I'm blown away by the music and art direction. I spent about ten minutes of my playthrough before work just flying around. Loving everything about it so far.

daydream

Banned
That certainly is the question for me as well. Apart from offtv play, does the gamepad add anything neat for single player??

I find controlling the second character with the right stick really awkward, so touch controls add a lot, imo. That plus Gamepad is a winning combo for me.

I'm missing one shrine for the elemental quest. I'm a 100% certain that I have both at the Sea and the Plains and the Monetary. Meaning it has to be this one I'm missing:
Where is it? D:

I can't find it either, and am thinking of just skipping it. What's the reward for this anyway, just more gems?

daydream

Banned
Just watched the credits. Really enjoyed the game, despite some minor flaws.

Not sure if I missed a quest somewhere (Edit: Yes, missed the Shrine quest.), going to look around in case I did. I'll probably try and get all the treasure, anyway.

For those wondering, my playtime was ~13-14h, and I did a lot of exploration.

madhtr

I find controlling the second character with the right stick really awkward, so touch controls add a lot, imo. That plus Gamepad is a winning combo for me.

You can use just the touchpad to control him and it works so much better than the right stick. Clicking the pad is also like holding down L2, so it's just smoother.

daydream

Banned
You can use just the touchpad to control him and it works so much better than the right stick. Clicking the pad is also like holding down L2, so it's just smoother.

Yup, way better. For battles, I used the stylus to position him and L2 to keep him on an enemy. Worked really well.

Top Bottom