• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light |OT| Beware the Night

Decado

Any news on whether the gameplay holds up? It's a pretty game for sure, but nothing I've seen or heard leads me to believe the gameplay will be that great.

I've heard 10-15 hours from one of the developers. He said his last playthrough was about 7.5 hours, but of course, he knows the game inside & out and has played through it multiple times. Also, he mentioned that there's a New Game+ mode that increases the difficulty for people who want to max out their characters.

Any news on whether the gameplay holds up? It's a pretty game for sure, but nothing I've seen or heard leads me to believe the gameplay will be that great.

Have you been reading this thread? Everyone commenting on the game in this thread who has played it seems to be enjoying it. I personally think it's very good as long as you like strategic turn-based combat and increase the difficulty up to Hard (about 4-5 hours in now).

-MD-

I've seen people comment on hard mode's difficulty but just how difficult is it? I feel like I'm gonna buy the game and just faceroll it and I don't want that to be the case.

I've seen people comment on hard mode's difficulty but just how difficult is it? I feel like I'm gonna buy the game and just faceroll it and I don't want that to be the case.

I haven't gotten a Game Over yet but there have been some close moments. I'm definitely not facerolling the game on Hard mode; have to frequently sub characters in and out of the party, even for non-boss encounters.

Seda

I haven't gotten a Game Over yet but there have been some close moments. I'm definitely not facerolling the game on Hard mode; have to frequently sub characters in and out of the party, even for non-boss encounters.

I had some on one of the bosses. Since the game autosaves so often it seems like there's really no penalty and you load up moments before. And your characters end up fully restored.

*shrug*

JJD

So pre-ordering the game on PSN for the PS4 doesn't get me any kind of pre order DLC? Like the golem character?

Wow. It's coming out in only a few days.

This game has gotten 0 marketing. dang.

Thread is kinda silent right now, what with the onslaught of new games that have just come out.

Should do nicely once the game itself releases on all platforms. Just like Southpark. It is an RPG after all, the crowd is definitely there for it, and I intend to give Dark Souls 2 PC a break while I play this (comparatively) easier game.

I wasn't even aware this existed. Kept seeing this OT on the threads from time to time, but ignored it... then I saw a picture of the game, then I decided to check out a trailer and read up on it, then I saw PS4, then I realised the download is £11.99 and the deluxe version was £15.99, then I pre-ordered it. In the space of an hour.

p3tran

Banned
graphics/sound/price are good. what I'm not sold at is how it actually plays, thats why I will wait for some of your impressions. ;)

Hopefully this does well on all platforms, we need to get Ubi to make more games like this instead of the usual AAA tripe.

Bah, who am I kidding, this is gonna bomb like the other smaller productions (Rayman Origins, Legends), and they'll write it off as a one off venture.

I think this title will do fairly. Well. It seems that plenty of people are eager for some Rpgs. I will definitely play this while I wait for Pier Solar hd and even consider getting Bound by flame.

Audioboxer

No, 1 silver, 19 bronze trophies.

Yet it has 1000 GS.

Sony need to relax platinum "rules" if it's Sony's fault titles like this miss out on a platinum. If it's dev choice they're only really annoying a small part of the community, but nevertheless its of no downside to get a plat in there and make people happy.

Kinvara

I disagree. There were gameplay trailers, dev diaries and ad banner on Xbox One dashboard in the last couple of weeks.

I don't have a Xbone but it's good to hear it's getting some attention.

Thread is kinda silent right now, what with the onslaught of new games that have just come out.

Should do nicely once the game itself releases on all platforms. Just like Southpark. It is an RPG after all, the crowd is definitely there for it, and I intend to give Dark Souls 2 PC a break while I play this (comparatively) easier game.

Yeah, I hope so. It looks like a good game would hate to have it be a flop.

I usually don't buy Ubisoft games just cause the genres don't cater to my interests. However this is probably their first game that caught my attention.

I'll end up buying it just to see them continue this trend.

breakfuss

Sucks there is no platinum. I have credit on PS4 and Xbox One so I guess I will be going with the Xbox version.

Very interesting. You find extra value in a platinum trophy? Not sure what to make of that, but if people really factor it in I guess publishers would be wise to take note. You're not the first I've seen complain. So for you is it the length or price of the game that warrants more trophies?

Very interesting. You find extra value in a platinum trophy? Not sure what to make of that, but if people really factor it in I guess publishers would be wise to take note. You're not the first I've seen complain. So for you is it the length or price of the game that warrants more trophies?

If I didn't have ms credit as well as psn cash I wouldn't care as much but when I have the funds to buy on any platform I would rather go for the 1000/1000 gamerscore then a few bronze trophies that will barely raise my psn e-penis.

zoobzone

Who does the voice acting in the game?

Currently stuck between choosing Japanese version or English version.

They're pretty much the same price.

Seda

Who does the voice acting in the game?

Currently stuck between choosing Japanese version or English version.

They're pretty much the same price.

The characters aren't voiced, just narrated scenes with a couple of lines voiced by Caroline Dhavernas every once in a while.

Bulzeeb

So, are there any differences between the ps3/pc/wii U version? and the only ones with pre order bonuses are the ps3 and pc versions, right?

Wow. It's coming out in only a few days.

This game has gotten 0 marketing. dang.

It's a digital distribution game, I'm not sure where you want them to market it massively except for on the consoles themselves(?)

Haven't really seen much on PS4 for it, but on Xbox One it's been on one of the three main dash ad spaces all week, and in my Game App Store page it's been on the featured tab with dev diaries for about 2 weeks now on and off.

USF

I thought EU are getting a physical copy meaning a DISC of the game.
Seems not, the digital code is just boxed with other goodies..

iNvid02

I thought EU are getting a physical copy meaning a DISC of the game.
Seems not, the digital code is just boxed with other goodies..

yeah the game is only being distributed digitally, the deluxe edition just has some physical items and a game voucher

BiggNife

I'm playing on Wii U and it runs well so far. The pad doesn't add anything though, all it can do is use the touch screen to control the firefly but it's easier to use the right stick for that.
It supports Off-TV Play, right? That's the big reason I'm considering getting it over the PC version.

Top Bottom