• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chinese actress gets big Hollywood roles, No one knows why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spladam

Seemed like Claudia Kim was getting that breakthrough with a role in Age of Ultron immediately followed by being one of the best parts of Marco Polo.
however Marco Polo was cancelled and only thing coming up seems like a small part in The Dark Tower.
WHAT! Marco Polo got canceled? Damn man. Ms Kim was pretty good in that, and she is gorgeous.

On topic, I don't know if it's a conspiracy, but a Google image search for Jing Tian shows us that she seems to have more unique pictures than most other actors on the planet combined.

I think the bigger problem is that she is "chosen" even though her acting skills are.... lets say not the best while China actually has english speaking actresses who can act well....

Liu Tao (刘涛) is a imo really great actreess or Chen Qiao En.

Chuckie

Yes, she was Zhang Yimou's muse. She's not the first but she's also a terrific actress so no one really minds.

Wasn't Gong Li Yimou's muse or did Ziyi replace her?

Anyway, I meant wasn't Ziyi part of some smear campaign or rumors.
I looked it up and she was indeed part of that, but it had nothing to do with her acting but rather gossip that she was selling her body to high ranking party members.

maomaoIYP

Wasn't Gong Li Yimou's muse or did Ziyi replace her?

Anyway, I meant wasn't Ziyi part of some smear campaign or rumors.
I looked it up and she was indeed part of that, but it had nothing to do with her acting but rather gossip that she was selling her body to high ranking party members.
Yup Gong Li was Yimou's muse too. I think there were others as well, but off the top of my head these two are by far the most famous.
Smear campaigns aren't that uncommon honestly, being Yimou's muse tends to set tongues wagging to begin with. I imagine it's different with Jing Tian, seeing that both Gong Li and Zhang Ziyi are excellent actresses.

Menchi

tbf not like JLo did much in film especially big budget films and Taylor Lautner was in one relatively low budget series that spiralled upwards. He's getting the least acting gigs out of twilight alums for a reason.

he was gr8 in scream queens tho

Taylor Launter is cute AF though...

But yeah, it's not exactly hard to see why she's getting roles. I've not actually seen her act yet, so couldn't say if it's even in any way backed by talent. Not like this doesn't happen in pretty much every country anyway, so no need for controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom