• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare |OT| My battle cry brings all the boys to the yard

Zucchi

There was just a huge steam sale, so tons of noobs on the servers tonight! Great for weapon leveling! Can I get a GAF group invite plz?

Woxxi

Hello ,

I sent a PM to ROBOKITTYZILLA but if anyone on the group sees my message, here is my steam ID.

I'd really like to be invited on this NeoGAF Chivalry steam group.

Thank you.

edit: ROBOKITTYZILLA sent me an invite, now i can play with neogaf members :)

Finally bought this. Is there a way to re-bind the controller controls? Also for that matter, is there a full list of controller controls?

Woxxi said:
Hello ,

I sent a PM to ROBOKITTYZILLA but if anyone on the group sees my message, here is my steam ID.

I'd really like to be invited on this NeoGAF Chivalry steam group.

Thank you.

edit: ROBOKITTYZILLA sent me an invite, now i can play with neogaf members :)
That reminds me, could I get an invite in to the group as well? Steam ID is Psychoward.

FinKL

In case anyone is lurking/on the fence, free to play weekend starting today! First thing to do is learn to run and taunt :)

Think I'm going to pull the trigger on this in the morning. There better be a steadily growing EU GAF playerbase :p

Edit: Fuck my graphics card :(

Atomski

So bought this on the steam sale.. and its awesome. Think this is the most Ive enjoyed a competitive online game in a while.

Im still pretty awful though.. but hopefully Ill get better :p

Easy_D

never left the stone age
This game is fucking amazing. I remember I hated the source mod ages ago but countless runs of Medieval mode in TF2 made me want something like this and it's great.

It runs fantastic too.

This game is pretty great. The latest patch has significantly reworked most of the weapons, so the last week or so has required some adjusting. Chivalry reminds me a lot of Counter-Strike in the particular way experience improves a player. A few things I've learned:

Getting three enemies lined up for one swoop of a vanguard swing just feels great, but I think playing for kills is foolish. I routinely perch on top of the scoreboard with tons of damage and assists and few kills. I like to position myself beside a friendly knight and use my spear to harass anyone nearby - they can't through the knight to affect me and I can stab with impunity.

Footwork is the most important skill in Chivalry. Without attacking, I can maneuver an enemy into a disadvantage against my teammates, his teammates, or himself. I can kite him into friendly reinforcements for certain death, I can position him between myself and enemy archers and troops, I can lure him away from an objective or place his back against a cliff. Used incorrectly, footwork walks you into unfair fights, burning ground, traps, and wild goose chases that don't help you or your team.

Archers get a backstab bonus - don't forget to use this! They are also the fastest sprinters but it takes a couple seconds to get up to speed. There is no shame in turning around and outrunning a pursing knight. Run them back into the fight or away on a merry chase.

Hope that helps, here's some about me.

Favorite primary weapon? The billhook.
Favorite secondary weapon? The Norse sword or the Holy Water.
Favorite troll weapon? Heavy Flail - aw yiss, I think I will shield bash and shield punch mercilessly until death.

thespot84

Anyone else pick this up on steam summer sale?

Played yesterday, the game is silly but lots of fun. How do I got about not be completely terrible though? I haven't quite figured that out yet...

EDIT: just requested an invite to the gaf group on steam. Steamid is Looten Plunder

Jinaar

Buying this game is the best thing that has happened to me this weekend.

The C button fills me with happiness. If this game was just running around with a sword and pressing C over and over again in a crowd of maniacs also carrying weapons and pressing C, that would be enough for me for eternity.

Buying this game is the best thing that has happened to me this weekend.

The C button fills me with happiness. If this game was just running around with a sword and pressing C over and over again in a crowd of maniacs also carrying weapons and pressing C, that would be enough for me for eternity.

Hehe, you are amongst kin, Jinaar. The first time I played Chiv, I had no idea there was such a thing. I started in some map (I think it was the wall map) and tried to keep up with my teammates. Suddenly, there was a great noise as everyone around me began to yell and scream and carry on. I smiled so big and mashed the keys on my keyboard until I too began to yell like a wildman. Sogood.

Chiv also has a great suite of voice commands - you can effectively communicate within a squad using only the provided voice commands. It's great. Even the idea of being able to flip the voice command list by tapping the same button (X, or Z) is ingenious. I heart this game.

Jinaar

WAAAAGHHHHH
FOR KHORNEEEE

everytime i play dis game . shietttt

Is there a mod for that voice over? :)

I was playing on a Team DM map last night, dead already and in Free CAM Mode. I watched a knight with a broadsword cut the left arm off a guy with the one swing and then duck and cut the left leg right off the same dude! Blood gushing out of both areas. The poor archer falls to one knee and gurgles.

During that same map 3 of my team killed one opponent and one of my team mates proceeded to just hack at the body. I'm looking at this in Free CAM Mode wondering what is this guys problem, he's accomplishing nothing. And then he severs the head clean off the corpse. OMG! He stood around the headless corpse a while there after, probably thinking to himself that he did some good work today. Yes, son, I did great work today.

I have been using the X button to shout commands all the time. This game... this game :)

Glad both of you are having a blast with it too, Shaundakahl and Isual!

vertopci

Maplist is below:

AOCTD-HillsidePyre_P.udk
AOCTD-Ruins_P.udk
AOCLTS-ThroneRoom_P.udk
AOCTD-Darkforest_Valley_p
AOCTD-Battlegrounds_p
AOCTD-StoneshillVillage_P.udk
AOCLTS-ArgonsWall_p
AOCTD-Hillside_P.udk
AOCFFA-Arena3_p.udk

I can add others too if you want. A friend recommended those ones and I used his recommendation since I have no idea what any of the maps are named except Arena and Throne

Maplist is below:

AOCTD-HillsidePyre_P.udk
AOCTD-Ruins_P.udk
AOCLTS-ThroneRoom_P.udk
AOCTD-Darkforest_Valley_p
AOCTD-Battlegrounds_p
AOCTD-StoneshillVillage_P.udk
AOCLTS-ArgonsWall_p
AOCTD-Hillside_P.udk
AOCFFA-Arena3_p.udk

I can add others too if you want. A friend recommended those ones and I used his recommendation since I have no idea what any of the maps are named except Arena and Throne

This is awesome. Will add to the OP. Do you mind if I post it to the Steam GAF group too?

Went in there and farted around a bit and experimented. The server name is "Not NeoGaf Server" or something. Hopefully more will join!

squidyj

I just started today... the amount of guys with giant weapons swinging in 180 degree arcs while surrounded by teammates is staggering, what the fuck are these idiots thinking?

Martian

Damn, I had hoped that the fixed the FPS issues by now.

After a couple of rounds, my FPS drop like crazy.

Such a shame

Conceptor

Let's get the GAF server populated for some in-house shenanigans this Friday or Saturday night? I'm thinking about 11PM EST to give the West Coast members some time to get home and settle down

Teknoman

Let's get the GAF server populated for some in-house shenanigans this Friday or Saturday night? I'm thinking about 11PM EST to give the West Coast members some time to get home and settle down

Sounds good! I can only imagine how terrible I'm going to play. I'm super rusty. ._.

Added server information to the group, modded vertopci, and posted 2 events. I scheduled both dates, Friday and Saturday, 11:00 PM EDT for those people that might not be available on Friday or Saturday.

Herla

How do I add the IP through the server browser? Can't see an option...

EDIT: Nevermind, I just looked for the name. Holy crap 242 ping, not playing there anytime soon I'm afraid :/

Having a lot of fun playing this, so far I've found halberd on vanguards, war axe on man at arms, and poleaxe/sword of war to be the best weapons for me. Haven't really played archer too much, they're super annoying to deal with though :(.

Conceptor

GGs tonight! Started off small with 4-6 of us but the server quickly filled up and we got some great rounds in.

Same time tomorrow, 11pm EST!

Top Bottom