• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Christie: legalizing pot will likely be "priority No. 1" if a Dem wins NJ Gov.

mas8705

Honestly, I think Chris Christie is the one Republican that makes even the rest of Republicans question what the hell is he doing (not counting Trump).

Even for years prior before this most recent election, I would vote Republican, and yet I find myself question how the hell Christie is still the governor there due to his outlandish responses and doing particular shady things (not counting Trump). Hell, the primaries showed that more people had more faith and trust in not just Trump, but a few other people to be their representative rather than Christie.

Christie going hard and still trying to get in with the conservative GOP base despite them not wanting him.

Cannot wait for him to be done, but last I checked we don't have a lot of good options coming in for replacement.

Please tell me the Dems have this on the bag

Last Dem in the NJ Governor office drove us further into debt. People in NJ are gun shy on any democrat now.

giphy.gif

trumpmeetschrischristieforthefirsttime.gif

Ithil

"Voting for a Democrat governor will lead to a 68% increase in your chances to have a totally groovy time! Vote for a Republican to avert this!"

mcfrank

We did legalize heroin you dolt. And then we built a huge industry addicting people on it when they have minor surgeries.

Murphy can pretty much buy the nomination and the win with his Goldman Sachs bankroll.

And his large political presence. Johnson isn't completely a lost cause though

wikipedia entry on Jim Johnson said:
He later named his campaign leadership team, which included Doug Rubin, former strategist for Deval Patrick and Elizabeth Warren, Bill Hyers, former campaign manager to Bill de Blasio and John del Cecato, one of President Obama's media strategists

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Shit, it's going to make NYC overflow into Jersey City a lot more desirable if they do it. Right now no one wants to move there if they can help it, legalize weed and people might actually consider it more often.

Last Dem in the NJ Governor office drove us further into debt. People in NJ are gun shy on any democrat now.

Jersey likes to oscillate between the two. Christie has been so shit it'll be an uphill battle for the GOP to take it this time. Just like with how Corzine was so shit it was an uphill battle for the Dems to hold it.

Shit, it's going to make NYC overflow into Jersey City a lot more desirable if they do it. Right now no one wants to move there if they can help it, legalize weed and people might actually consider it more often.

Jersey likes to oscillate between the two. Christie has been so shit it'll be an uphill battle for the GOP to take it this time. Just like with how Corzine was so shit it was an uphill battle for the Dems to hold it.

I never understood why people working in NYC are so against living in Jersey City

And your comment the oscillation better describes what I was getting at for the person I replied to. I can't recall in my memory of awareness of this stuff when Jersey didn't have a super corrupt schmuck by the end of their terms.

wedca

NJ has serious budget problems, like way worse then most states. The tax revenue from legalization should be enticing.

NJ has serious budget problems, like way worse then most states. The tax revenue from legalization should be enticing.

To his credit, 300 million isn't a lot compared to the budget. However, 300m going directly into roads or schools is better than trying to come up with 300m every year.

Shadybiz

People also are leaving here quicker than they're moving in. High cost of living, high property taxes, etc makes NJ less desirable to many. I would think that people would be more inclined to stay if it were legal.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
People also are leaving here quicker than they're moving in. High cost of living, high property taxes, etc makes NJ less desirable to many. I would think that people would be more inclined to stay if it were legal.

Yeah, getting high as fuck would make me feel better about paying 11k a year in taxes on a 1br condo

Top Bottom