• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christopher Dring : "Astrobot sales numbers are really strong in Europe's 1st week" from Gameindustry Biz podcast

Robb

Gold Member
Meme Reaction GIF

Hope it has some good legs, I want more Astro Bot and games from Team Asobi in general.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Did those Crash/Spyro trilogy remakes sell well? Seems like it, Weird though that Crash 4 didn't do as well.

Good news for Astro but I hope it continues having legs throughout the holiday season....and we see Astro VR remake for PSVR2 tomorrow!

Did those Crash/Spyro trilogy remakes sell well? Seems like it, Weird though that Crash 4 didn't do as well.

Good news for Astro but I hope it continues having legs throughout the holiday season....and we see Astro VR remake for PSVR2 tomorrow!
Crash and Spyro had the advantages of been known and loved for decades (and are 3 games too).

The fact that it sold more than Crash 4 (52% more) is very impressive.

Last edited:

Woopah

It would be better if he spilled the beans, but no fun allowed.

At a 25-50% discount, the game will sell very well in the holidays.
I'm always curious how much Chris is allowed to share. It looks like raw numbers are off the table, but he can do as many % comparisons as he likes.

I'm always curious how much Chris is allowed to share. It looks like raw numbers are off the table, but he can do as many % comparisons as he likes.
He’s very limited in what info can he shares, but that’s the whole point. Getting paid subscribers to get access to the data.

Hookshot

Gold Member
Probably burnout. “Hey I remember crash!” So they bought the trilogy, played for a bit, didn’t make it through 3 whole games, and then when 4 came out they had no need for a 4th as they had their fix of it recently and moved on.

Dafegamer

Selling half of >15M, something like 8M would be a huge success for Astro Bot considering how new -non Mario- platformers sell nowadays. Over 10M would be insane.

I bet Hermen and Jim didn't expect to sell even 5M when they greenlighted it.
Yeah I can definitely see that range. 15million+ is not reachable imo, but hey Helldivers 1 was niche, now it's one of the highest selling PlayStation IPs. Never say never actually

Top Bottom