• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christopher Nolan to direct WWII film "Dunkirk", shot in IMAX 65mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Caine confirmed yet? Feel like hed play a great veteran army general
Even though the look isn't exactly 1:1, I could definitely see Caine nailing the delivery of Churchill's speech on Dunkirk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojtm7Pb1QLM (not from the same year, but just an example.)

He's always been good with extended exposition in the Nolan films he's been in. Just get Caine to do some excerpts from some speeches, slap them on some clips and we got ourselves a teaser trailer.

jett

D-Member
2 words:

Live Ammo

Speaking about ammo, I can't wait to see the soldiers in this movie breaking into a jig when they get bloodlessly shot.

tumblr_npzv3nWQE91solxeko1_1280.gif

Incomprehensible fight scenes, boring planets and HitlerVoice.

NotBad.gif

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I hope he goes for a R-rated movie, but I doubt it.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Interstellar teaser trailer is by far one of the best of all time imo. That beautiful music, the montage of space achievements and the monologue from McConaughey. I was floored tbh.

Agreed and like sunshine, an incredible but flawed sci fi movie with an ecological message.

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
Interstellar teaser trailer is by far one of the best of all time imo. That beautiful music, the montage of space achievements and the monologue from McConaughey. I was floored tbh.

Yeah that was awesome.

Taglines for Nolan posters are perfect:

Dark Knight: "Welcome To A World Without Rules"

Inception: "Your Mind Is The Scene of the Crime"

Interstellar: "Go Further"

Hope it won't have scifi elements like The Prestige.
All of Nolan's movies have serious tone and some short of scifi in them, but a serious WW2 movie with scifi elements just sound weird.
And since it the beginning of WW2, there won't be many famous weaponries so WW2 nuts won't have much to nickpick unlike in Fury I guess.

Shahadan

Apparently they're using an old military ship that is usually in the middle of my city near my building (as a museum). Feels weird to see it gone :lol:

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
All of Nolan's movies have serious tone and some short of scifi in them, but a serious WW2 movie with scifi elements just sound weird.
And since it the beginning of WW2, there won't be many famous weaponries so WW2 nuts won't have much to nickpick unlike in Fury I guess.

Why would it have sci-fi elements? lol

The Prestige story on itself lend to have sci-fi elements, not to mention it had Tesla.

SJRB

Gold Member

We all know the Soviets used Tesla Coils in WW2, and the Allies had Gap Generators.

Looking forward to seeing Nolan bring Einstein's Chronosphere to iMax.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
We all know the Soviets used Tesla Coils in WW2, and the Allies had Gap Generators.

Oh shit, you're right. How could I forget about this?!

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Filming with cardboard actors are a little out of the norm, but hey, in Nolan we trust.

Yeah, I was surprised when they announced it and now seeing them for the first time I have my doubts. I'm sure they'll be fixed up in post.

Ithil

The Axis will be no match for the Soviet's Mammoth tanks shielded by an Iron Curtain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom