• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christopher Nolan to direct WWII film "Dunkirk", shot in IMAX 65mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

oatmeal

Banned
Fuck. Can't wait to see this...

Can't wait for it to get great first impressions and then everyone slowly turns on it as it's not as deep as everyone thinks initially.

Production design is going to be the tits.

DMczaf

nyTDlyB.jpg

IhIybUC.jpg

feOzHGk.jpg

4Suv3Ov.jpg

eGkqyRH.jpg

U2malZp.jpg

c5ngyIs.jpg

oh man it's finally happening. new nolan movies are like event films for me now. whether or not i like them i'm really interested in seeing them in theaters.

and god tier trailers too. the teaser for this will be too much. zimmer doing another war movie ost. phew.

DMczaf

oh man it's finally happening. new nolan movies are like event films for me now. whether or not i like them i'm really interested in seeing them in theaters.

and god tier trailers too. the teaser for this will be too much. zimmer doing another war movie ost. phew.

we bout to eat, fam. GUZIM!

14 months!

I wonder if he does his normal teaser trailer 12 months ahead of release for this. He's done it for every film since TDK.

Guzim

we bout to eat, fam. GUZIM!

14 months!

I wonder if he does his normal teaser trailer 12 months ahead of release for this. He's done it for every film since TDK.

I've actually been talking to my students a lot about this film. Mostly about Harry Styles cutting his hair, haha.

Exactly. Even when they end up goofy as fuck like his last two, his movies capture a feeling of scale and gravity like very few blockbusters manage to, and are still more interesting than 90% of them.

DMczaf

we eatin!

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...egun-Christopher-Nolan’s-Epic-Action-Thriller

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that principal photography on the epic action thriller “Dunkirk” is underway in Dunkirk, France. Christopher Nolan (“Interstellar,” “Inception,” “The Dark Knight” Trilogy) is directing “Dunkirk” from his own original screenplay, utilizing a mixture of IMAX® and 65mm film to bring the story to the screen. The production will shoot in France, Holland, the UK and Los Angeles.

“Dunkirk” opens as hundreds of thousands of British and Allied troops are surrounded by enemy forces. Trapped on the beach with their backs to the sea they face an impossible situation as the enemy closes in.

“Dunkirk” features a prestigious cast, including Tom Hardy (“The Revenant,” “Mad Max: Fury Road,” “Inception”), Mark Rylance (“Bridge of Spies,” “Wolf Hall”), Kenneth Branagh (“My Week with Marilyn,” “Hamlet,” “Henry V”) and Cillian Murphy (“Inception,” “The Dark Knight” Trilogy), as well as newcomer Fionn Whitehead. The ensemble cast also includes Aneurin Barnard, Harry Styles, James D’Arcy, Jack Lowden, Barry Keoghan and Tom Glynn-Carney.

The film is being produced by Nolan and Emma Thomas (“Interstellar,” “Inception,” “The Dark Knight” Trilogy). Jake Myers (“The Revenant,” “Interstellar,” “Jack Reacher”) is serving as executive producer.

The behind-the-scenes creative team includes director of photography Hoyte van Hoytema (“Interstellar,” “Spectre,” “The Fighter”), production designer Nathan Crowley (“Interstellar,” “The Dark Knight” Trilogy), editor Lee Smith (“The Dark Knight” Trilogy, “Elysium”), costume designer Jeffrey Kurland (“Inception,” “Bullets Over Broadway”), and visual effects supervisor Andrew Jackson (“Mad Max: Fury Road”).

Warner Bros. Pictures is distributing “Dunkirk” worldwide and has slated the film for a July 21, 2017 release.

Confirms new VFX supervisor.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Nolan da gawd with Lord Zimmer gonna show these hacks how it's done.

So fucking pumped for this.

Prologue

Just not excited about this at all. Interstellar and Inception I enjoyed enormously, along with Prestige. Theress and dozens of war movies. Theres no scientific twist to it. Besides batman, I watch Nolan's movies because they're big budgeted, thought provoking movies with some science sprinkled in. He has a knack for just creating wonderful worlds and really making it come to life. I'll wait for the trailer but I'm just not into this at all. I just want another original idea from him.

On location shooting. Should be great visually, Nolan movies are always amazing on the big screen.

You know, I thought for sure Bale would be in the movie seeing how he's from the UK.

DMczaf

On location shooting. Should be great visually, Nolan movies are always amazing on the big screen.

You know, I thought for sure Bale would be in the movie seeing how he's from the UK.

I was hoping for cameos from Bale and Leo as supporting characters.

frontovik

Banned
Can't wait for the trailer. There hasn't been a good WWII film in a long time, hopefully Dunkirk will be entertaining and compelling.

strafer

So Tom Hardy goes from skinny paratrooper in BoB to a buff dudebro in Nolans ww2 epic.

i see.....seems hardy cant say no to nolan.

hardy_bob.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom