• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christopher Nolan to direct WWII film "Dunkirk", shot in IMAX 65mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurongel

I hope Nolan does a long take in this film. Has he done one before?
Doubtful, you can't shoot with IMAX film for very long due to the size. Closest he's ever done to a long take was Interstellar's messages scene. Nolan doesn't really do long takes but he's also not afraid to hold a shot within a single frame.

The last time Nolan did a long shot type scene that I can remember is in Memento.

although it just shot of Guy Pearce walking into a building.

Actually the Inception Hallway fight was one shot, but That doesn't really count.

Nolan does quick cuts a lot tho, expect those

DMczaf

1f6hmTU.jpg

13323726_806383039491692_9001974159153717570_o.jpg

2775584.jpg

2775585.jpg

2775586.jpg

2775587.jpg

Jigolo

Definitely not gonna miss out of this like I did Interstellar. One of my biggest regrets not watching Interstellar in 70mm IMAX.

Tugatrix

That's exactly why he's a visionary and will be considered among the greats along with Kubrick, Scorsese, Spielberg and Tarantino. If there was a Mt. Rushmore for movie directors and it only had one spot left, it would go to Nolan.

Dunno man put an extra spot for fincher too

dmshaposv

That's exactly why he's a visionary and will be considered among the greats along with Kubrick, Scorsese, Spielberg and Tarantino. If there was a Mt. Rushmore for movie directors and it only had one spot left, it would go to Nolan.

Lmao. Its posts like these which cause people to trash on him.

Even if he was reading this, he'd laugh.

3N16MA

Banned

Reminds me of the height of Nolanmania on GAF.

Aurongel

One day all this will fit in our smartphones
Too bad it's physically impossible. You'd literally have to rewrite the laws of physics/light to accomplish that. IMAX 70mm being digital in the future is an inevitability but building optics for anything larger than that is absolutely unfeasible.

But a man can dream :(

Ashhong

Just gimme a trailer already.

Debating whether or not to go back to the Chinese theater for opening day like I did with Interstellar.

The movie and theater were amazing, but Hollywood was grimy beyond reason.

That's not even full size IMAX iirc. Go to Universal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom