• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christopher Walken as Captain Hook looks amazing and terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_chris

Theater is so fucking stupid. Not sure why people waste so much money to watch terrible overacting that was outdated about 100 years ago.

That said, this is better than every play I've ever seen because Walken is giving a performance for the ages.

Oh god, this comment hurts my brain. =(

Konka

Banned
I prefer subtlety. Theater has about zero subtlety in anything it does.

image.php

Theater is so fucking stupid. Not sure why people waste so much money to watch terrible overacting that was outdated about 100 years ago.

That said, this is better than every play I've ever seen because Walken is giving a performance for the ages.

Musical theater, for the most part, is garbage, especially these days when everything has to be a garish spectacle in order to be financially successful.

But straight-up non-musical theater can be downright mesmerizing when done right. The intimacy and power of live theater is something that can't possibly be replicated on film.

Musical theater, for the most part, is garbage, especially these days when everything has to be a garish spectacle in order to be financially successful.

But straight-up non-musical theater can be downright mesmerizing when done right. The intimacy and power of live theater is something that can't possibly be replicated on film.

This is exactly how I feel. Musical theater is beyond garbage, for the most part, to me. But I can always appreciate a great stage play. The last one I saw was Glengarry Glenn Ross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom