• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christopher Walken as Captain Hook looks amazing and terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
iiSf8z9.gif

swag

Effect

This thing has been a damn rollercoaster ride. There are moments where I'm "this is pretty good" that can be quickly followed up by moments of me going "wtf am I watching!?".

I do have this very strong desire to watch Hook now.

This thing has been a damn rollercoaster ride. There are moments where I'm "this is pretty good" that can be quickly followed up by moments of me going "wtf am I watching!?".

I do have this very strong desire to watch Hook now.

Yea I really want to watch Hook now, shit...

JNA

Banned
Can please somebody gif that note Walden was trying to hold. The one in those cut ins. Please lol

that ending was a little depressing. pan basically told wendy she sucked cause she got old, stole her kid and never even got to kiss anyone!

Vinci

Danish

Okay, now I have to watch this thing. Wish I could have seen it live, but oh well.

My perspective on Walken's performance, based merely on this gif, is that his Hook is aware that he exists within a musical universe in which he must go through the motions but honestly would prefer he didn't have to.

Or perhaps Walken is just phoning it in.

Am I the only one who thought that the people performing Wendy and Peter looked way too old for those roles (especially Wendy)? I've admittedly only ever seen a bit of one other Peter Pan production, but I thought the actresses looked more age appropriate there.

Also, fuck John and Michael being actual kids while the whole Lost Boy crew was comprised of guys in their 20s.

Zoe

Am I the only one who thought that the people performing Wendy and Peter looked way too old for those roles (especially Wendy)? I've admittedly only ever seen a bit of one other Peter Pan production, but I thought the actresses looked more age appropriate there.

Also, fuck John and Michael being actual kids while the whole Lost Boy crew was comprised of guys in their 20s.

Peter is pretty much always played by an adult woman.

I absolutely can't imagine there being anymore kids that age in this. They were pretty much the worst part of this for me. Bad overacting and didn't have the cache to bring weirdness to it. It seemed like a demanding production to rely on children for everything. I always thought Wendy was meant to be older.

Goldrush

Okay, now I have to watch this thing. Wish I could have seen it live, but oh well.

My perspective on Walken's performance, based merely on this gif, is that his Hook is aware that he exists within a musical universe in which he must go through the motions but honestly would prefer he didn't have to.

Or perhaps Walken is just phoning it in.

I just think he's too old for the exaggerated movements of the role. After some of the musical numbers, the actors were noticeably tired and catching their breath. I was away from the TV for a bit. Just listening to his lines, divorced from what's on screen, he wasn't bad.

That was much more entertaining than I thought it'd be. Tayler and Allison killed it, the production design was great and Walken's phone in performance resulted in many lulz. Glad I tuned in

I absolutely can't imagine there being anymore kids that age in this. They were pretty much the worst part of this for me. Bad overacting and didn't have the cache to bring weirdness to it. It seemed like a demanding production to rely on children for everything. I always thought Wendy was meant to be older.

That's just ageist. There is no shortage of skilled kid actors. But what I mean is not that they should have cast actual children in the roles of Peter, Wendy and the Lost Boys, but young-looking actors (see Glee!).

That's just ageist. There is no shortage of skilled kid actors. But what I mean is not that they should have cast actual children in the roles of Peter, Wendy and the Lost Boys, but young-looking actors (see Glee!).

Ageist? If they intended for children, or younger-looking actors they would have. It was fine. I never said there was no skilled young actors, I was commenting on the children actors in the performance.

aett

One of the commercials made my wife and me crack up: "That's a bow and arrow, like they used to shoot Wendy!"

Also, why are these kids getting presents so close to Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom