• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cities: Skylines |OT| Not Related to Cities XL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you can run with only crematoriums.

The problem most people have with that stuff is not total capacity (the easy thing to gauge since it's right there in the UI). The problem is more coverage and accessibility. You can have 1000 crematoriums but if they don't have good access to the dead bodies then it's not gonna work. You have to take the traffic and the one way streets and all that stuff into account.

I've seen many people spam trash burners in the same place and then wondering why there are long lines of garbage trucks causing traffic jams.

xBladeM6x

There may be something else at play here. In reality, crematoriums and graveyards are a personal choice.

The streamers may be assuming that one building is better tham another, like incinerators over trash dumps, but the reality is the citizens may want to make the decisions for themselves.

I just thought of a great building mod. Incinerator/Crematorium. The perfect building for the malevolent dictator with am air for efficient power generation.

Even better, an ocean grave site where you can just dump bodies by the truckload and never see them again, along with never needing space for them.

I'm a monster.

Saganator

This game could really use a route query tool.

opbVOss.jpg

StayDead

Even better, an ocean grave site where you can just dump bodies by the truckload and never see them again, along with never needing space for them.

I'm a monster.

Build a dam and fill a riverbed with graveyards. When they reach capacity, destroy the dam. That's like, totally legal yeah?

gooface

Banned
Just picked this up for $18 from Nuuvem... Hype is real, I got burned out really quickly from Simcity 2013 since it had so many limitations, I hope I am not disappointed with this one... Doesn't look like I will be though, and for that price.. how can you even begin to compare...

Ooooh, look at these sexy things. Mmmm, curvy. Oh yeah. That's how I like it.

EDIT: creepy joking aside, I think this one is genuinely pretty.

It's crazy to me that people are excited about highway designs in a city planning game, given that highways (and car based transit in general) are like the worst things for city planning and typically result in a worse off city.

Am I the only one who wants to create as car-free a city as I possibly can?

Megasoum

Banned
There may be something else at play here. In reality, crematoriums and graveyards are a personal choice.

The streamers may be assuming that one building is better tham another, like incinerators over trash dumps, but the reality is the citizens may want to make the decisions for themselves.

I just thought of a great building mod. Incinerator/Crematorium. The perfect building for the malevolent dictator with am air for efficient power generation.

Are trash incinerator generating power right now? Cause that would be a great idea.

Crispy75

It's crazy to me that people are excited about highway designs in a city planning game, given that highways (and car based transit in general) are like the worst things for city planning and typically result in a worse off city.

I'll be trying to keep things as public transporty as possible. You need vehicles for goods delivery and emergency services though, and you have to build roads in order to mark zones for buildings.

Hopefully modders (or the devs) will expand the pedestrian/cycling options.

Maybe you can launch them up the space elevator.

Has anybody seen a stream where that gets built? What does it do? I'm assuming it works like a port or a trainyard, but without the limitations of either of those, which could seriously improve your industrial traffic situation.

I'm not planning to build a car-free city but yeah, I would like to avoid highways where possible. I can see why people want to build them, though--removed from the context of actual urban planning, they're super neat bits of engineering.

They're cool looking and its fun to watch cars drive around in your complex spaghetti junctions, regardless of the political views you have when it comes to city building.

The problem most people have with that stuff is not total capacity (the easy thing to gauge since it's right there in the UI). The problem is more coverage and accessibility. You can have 1000 crematoriums but if they don't have good access to the dead bodies then it's not gonna work. You have to take the traffic and the one way streets and all that stuff into account.

True, but he's been keeping a close eye on traffic, and doesn't seem to have any problems in the area where buildings are being abandoned due to dead bodies.

I think most people are assuming that crematoriums are a replacement to graveyards, and I'm wondering if that's not the case.

Is it impossible to redeem Steam keys remotely? I'm at work and I'd like to put my GMG key in, but it doesn't seem like I can from the website.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I think there is a way for coal power plants to burn trash later in the game.
Garbage incinerators do that, and generate power.
Has anybody seen a stream where that gets built? What does it do? I'm assuming it works like a port or a trainyard, but without the limitations of either of those, which could seriously improve your industrial traffic situation.

Space elevators are not part of the transit system. It just attracts tourists.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
getting all angsty
steam need to step on it

I've never pre-ordered a steam game either, does it just auto download?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Congratulations Complex Shadow

That's really nice of you dude :)

I ordered a few extra keys to giveaway to gaf as well. It worked out pretty well for XCOM, and people appreciated it. I'll probably do a small "draw a pic" contest or something, and then give the rest away on stream.

Aaron D.

Welp, pre-ordered the game on GMG and got my code immediately.

As luck would have it, since I'm at work I can't activate it on my Steam account, so no pre-order bonuses for me!

Fail.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Welp, pre-ordered the game on GMG and got my code immediately.

As luck would have it, since I'm at work I can't activate it on my Steam account, so no pre-order bonuses for me!

Fail.

Is it possible to activate keys via Steam mobile?

Chariot

Huh, do pre-orders work that way? I though if I buy it before the date I get pre-order stuff? I think I won't be home before launch, so I get no pre order bonuses despite pre ordering? :/

wrongway

Anyone know how long it takes the Steam phone app to update its library? I thought I'd try starting the download remotely later on when it's available, but the game's not listed on the app. :[

krpiper

That LGR review hyped me up. As someone who spent $60 SC2013 I want to cry tears of joy.

Also the $3 I had for GMG credit helped too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom