• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cities: Skylines |OT| Not Related to Cities XL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, just saw the reviews and this game looks legit.

Just bought the game for $22 from http://www.greenmangaming.com/vip

I can confirm that buying it from there today, even though the game is now out, still comes with the Preorder Pack.

I was considering the Deluxe Edition but the monuments didn't really hold appeal for me.

EDIT: Oh, apparently the game is Mac compatible? That's wonderful. I was just using my Air to buy it while being lazy in bed, but now it'll be a nice game to have on this system as well. I will tell you guys how it plays on a MacBook Air 2013 a bit later.

EDIT 2: It defaults to the max settings on my MacBook Air. My poor fans!

Winner won't be able to play right away, but here ya go guys.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xrayregime, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Cities: Skylines -- MB-3D782FBBE2AF1F7A - Taken by spindoctor. 76 entrants total.

t1426015104z1.png

Well I played it for 5 minutes. Unfortunately now I have to wait because I won't be able to play it again until tomorrow morning.

wait.. is the game really only 1.6GB ?

Yes, that's what the Paradox streamer said several days ago. I downloaded that amount and the game plays perfectly.

Branson

I just want to make the worst city possible. One strip from one side to another. All commercial. With houses when needed off on side streets. I want to make it dumb.

I just want to make the worst city possible. One strip from one side to another. All commercial. With houses when needed off on side streets. I want to make it dumb.

That would probably be a pretty good city if you just made a metro under the strip or a bus line down the strip.

zonq

Anyone with a second monitor also has issues scrolling? The mouse goes right out of the game to the second monitor if I go to the corner to scroll. Playing on Fullscreen.

As much as I wanted to pre-order this, I decided to wait to see if anyone had any impressions of running this on a rMBP with the GT 650M. I will throw my money at Paradox if anyone can confirm that the game will run fine, just didn't want to be stuck with something that was going to be a horrible experience.

dLMN8R

Not buying this right away, but I hope it lives up to everyone's hopes and dreams :-D

If so, will buy when I have some more time to play it.

Shahadan

....crap. I was so excited this week I forgot to think of a good name for a city.

I guess I won't play for another 30 minutes D:

Raven77

I think naming this game "Cities:" was a HUGE mistake. Last night I had some friends over, 2 of them had heard of this game and both said "I would get it but Cities XXL wasn't that great." and they both follow gaming relatively closely.

I really want this game to succeed.

itshappening.gif

And finished downloading while I was skimming the current page.

Umm, bye?

Edit: Yeah, IDK why they used "Cities" is "City" trademarked or something? City: Skylines would've avoided the confusion.

ksimm

I haven't been this excited since purchasing Simcity 2000 for the Amiga on my 16th Birthday 20 years ago today. 20 years later and I feel just as hyped for this.

Thank you Colossal Order for bringing life back to the City Builder.

I think naming this game "Cities:" was a HUGE mistake. Last night I had some friends over, 2 of them had heard of this game and both said "I would get it but Cities XXL wasn't that great." and they both follow gaming relatively closely.

Agreed. The sooner they can drop the name to just Skylines, the better.

Hopefully sufficiently good word-of-mouth post-release and sales help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom