• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cities: Skylines |OT| Not Related to Cities XL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
After perusing some reviews, they seem to really use a variety of different metrics to judge the game, and it seems that sometimes, the words they use to describe the game doesn't match up to the score.

For example, the Game Informer review calls it the new "gold standard" of city building games, which implies to me that it is the best city building game, and thus a really high score. However, the final score is 80, which while good, doesn't seem representative of a "gold standard", which would then imply that the city building genre overall is lacking since the best city building game in its genre "only" gets and 80.

He also doesn't mention the cost of the game, which inadvertently compares Skylines to other games that cost 2 to 3 times as much.

Sorry if I'm rehashing tired arguments or whatever, I don't really read reviews anymore. It seems like most of them are terrible :p

The Llama

Playing GTA Online heists while I download/install Skylines. Today is the best day of my life. Thank you #based spring break for coming at the perfect week.

Lach

Just came home and redeemed my key. Was surprised it would let me download, but it seems I'm not the only one :)

The Llama

Looks like I got a "Preorder Pack" DLC too? Not sure what that is. There's also a Monuments Booklet DLC and a Post Cards DLC.

Rad-

OH YEAH

God dammit Steam is slow today. Only 1/2 of my max speed wtf. Oh and it's slowing down. Noooo stop downloading this game guys.

I really hope people wont get confused and will accidentally buy Cities XXL.

Look at the top and bottom:

GkikNMo.jpg

Wow this IP has improved a lot :p

Having worked a double in MONTHS and the one day I agree to is today! Oh well, I'll get some time in before bed tonight. Have fun everyone!

Lach

Wow this IP has improved a lot :p

Seriously! Why would they even release this when their new, much better version is just weeks away!?!?

IT'S DOWNLOADED! I CAN PLAY!

On a serious note. I remember the Paradox press conference where this was announced. Not that long ago, but the wait was a torture! Haven't been this hyped for a game in a long time! Goodbye world!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
After perusing some reviews, they seem to really use a variety of different metrics to judge the game, and it seems that sometimes, the words they use to describe the game doesn't match up to the score.

For example, the Game Informer review calls it the new "gold standard" of city building games, which implies to me that it is the best city building game, and thus a really high score. However, the final score is 80, which while good, doesn't seem representative of a "gold standard", which would then imply that the city building genre overall is lacking since the best city building game in its genre "only" gets and 80.

He also doesn't mention the cost of the game, which inadvertently compares Skylines to other games that cost 2 to 3 times as much.

Sorry if I'm rehashing tired arguments or whatever, I don't really read reviews anymore. It seems like most of them are terrible :p

Yep, agreed 100%. It's why I always wait for consumer reviews and impressions, they are always more accurate for me. Official reviews all too often get it wrong or complain about the wrong things while ignoring the broken stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom