• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cities: Skylines |OT| Not Related to Cities XL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OchreHand

I think naming this game "Cities:" was a HUGE mistake. Last night I had some friends over, 2 of them had heard of this game and both said "I would get it but Cities XXL wasn't that great." and they both follow gaming relatively closely.

I really want this game to succeed.

Someone here called it Skylines in Motion. I like that name.
Or just Skylines.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Praise the sun!
only a 1.6gb download too, I thought it was going to be bigger? or will there be an update
only the regular edition preordered, not the digital deluxe

Mad1723

Praise the sun!
only a 1.6gb download too, I thought it was going to be bigger? or will there be an update
only the regular edition preordered, not the digital deluxe

Nope, seems like that's all there is. Deluxe here and it's not any bigger.

Anyone know how to fix a stream issue on OBS where all that is being streamed is the cursor? :(
Worked fine last night with my other games..

Easy_D

never left the stone age
The 3Gb is the install size. 1.6 is the full download.

Yeah it's unpacking the game as it goes. I wish they'd just let you download stuff unpacked, easier on the HDD while you play other games, but it's nice for people with bandwidth caps I suppose :p

Reposting for those who missed it

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xrayregime, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Cities: Skylines -- MB-3D782FBBE2AF1F7A - Taken by spindoctor. 76 entrants total.

t1426015104z1.png

Phreaker

Remotely started my download, yay. It will be there when I get home from work. Might as well pick up food on the way home since there is no time for cooking and stuff.

Shaldome

What do I do witht the serial key Steam gave me?

You can use it to register your game with your Paradox account if you have one. No real benefit there, so you do not have do do anything with it. Just check the box in the window an click it away. If you need it you can get to it later.

Megasoum

Banned
This has to be a new record... I fucked up my city within 5min haha.

Went a bit to big a bit too fast to the point where I didn't have any money left to put power cables to my industry...or to the sewage building... I think I'll restart that one haha.

Also the game crashed on exit... Not a big deal and might be caused by my weird work pc but anyway.

So far so good. People are hungry for some good city building. I think Paradox has a hit on their hands :)

yb4DRsV.png

Can't wait to play once I get home tonight.

xBladeM6x

For anyone using a multi-monitor setup, and can't keep the mouse on one screen when trying to use the edges to move the camera, here's a nifty little lightweight program I
used to fix it.

SwapScreen

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So, what is the preferred lot size? 4 squares across? Are people happy if I make it 8 squares across with roads on both sides?

elelunicy

The game looks pretty rough IMO. A ton of temporal aliasing and very blurry when zooming in. Playing at 4 times my native resolution helps a bit, but still not good enough.

Seanspeed

Banned
Ok, my first attempt bombed. I just took too long to build as I was looking around and reading everything. Ended up with negative income pretty quickly and no real way of recovering. Shouldn't be too difficult to avoid that next time by building a bit more.

Runs beautifully so far. I think it looks quite nice. I love all the road options and different methods of zoning. I started out doing it the old SimCity way by dragging blocks, but found the painting tool works a lot better for the most part. Especially with the curved roads.

Loving it. :)

The game looks pretty rough IMO. A ton of temporal aliasing and very blurry when zooming in. Playing at 4 times my native resolution helps a bit, but still not good enough.

If you have an invidia card, couldn't you force anti aliasing through the nvidia control panel? I did that in Minecraft and it made the game go from jaggy as hell to very smooth.

I HATE the depth of field effect when zoomed in. And I hate it even more when I can't disable it. Pathetic.

That's one of my favorite effects in this game, and Sim City 2013. Gives it a really neat visual flare. But yeah they should let you disable it.

Dimentios

If helpful:

i5 2500k
Geforce 570 GTX
8 GB RAM

max settings

min 50 FPS zoomed out
min 30 FPS zoomed in
(used the paradox city found in the workshop)

Don't know if it will survive 25 Tiles though or a full 9x9 giant city.

This game runs so smooth on average laptop. Runs much better than Simcity 2013.

I'm having the opposite here.

I'm on an i5-3210M, Radeon 7670m and 8 GB of ram. It ran Simcity 2013 extremely well, but an empty scene with absolutely nothing built is giving me around 10fps here on lowest settings. Only dropping the resolution below 640x480 helps to increase the framerate. I have a feeling something is seriously wrong and I should be getting better performance.

Gothos

Pretty sure you can disable it... It's listed as "Tilt shift amount" or something in the options screen.

Thank you, sir!

Also, I wish there was Vsync option :) Tearing in the middle of the screen when scrolling is really annoying. Forcing it in Nvidia panel doesn't work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom