• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Civilization V |OT| of Losing My Religion, And I Feel Fine...

The city states are really proving to have some strategic depth, but also a little quirkiness that comes with it.

For example, I'm at the point in the game where I'm in the industrial era, was going for dom victory, but because my continent is so far from Germany, the other competing power, I have to play the political game in keeping Germany from becoming too powerful. I'm doing this by playing the city states against germany, basically becoming allies with the city states, then asking Germany to declare war on them, which he keeps accepting. I'm then funding the city states war by gifting units. i'm just trying to divert Germany from taking over the US to hold out for the timed victory, and it's working.

The only weird thing is that in the diplomacy screens, I'll ask Bismark to declare war on Warsaw, he agrees, but then in the next turn says that dialog "hey I may have attacked a city that was allied with you"... of course, i just asked him to attack it. The proper game logic is there, it's just presented awkwardly. Unfortunately, the game is not sophisticated enough to question my motives in asking the AI to attack my own allies.

Edit: Two turns after I posted this, Warsaw took Seattle from Germany, setting him back quite a bit! Awesome! Funding a proxy war against an ally to curb his power. Gotta love it.

golem

Man Civ is crashing alot for me. Win7 64 and 8800gtx. Crashed once or twice on my ancient Nvidia drivers, upgraded to 258.96 and now its crashing like crazy. Going to try the 260.63s

ghst

thanks for the laugh
is there a way to force turn-ends like shift+enter in civ 4? telling my units to sleep or alert again everytime i budge them over a square is pretty annoying.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Someone's compiled a list of known Civ V issues and fixes here: http://segmentnext.com/2010/09/21/civilization-v-errors-crashes-memory-tweak-fixes/

Civilization V Troubleshooting Guide

1# Civilization V Crashes and Poor Performance on ATI Cards

It is highly recommended that you have the latest Catalyst drivers for your card. Download and install the latest v1.52 patch if you are having initialization issues with your ATI Graphics Card.

2# Crashes and Bad Performance on nVidia Cards
Updating your display drivers will help the cause.

3# Civilization V “Out of Memory” Error Fix
This is due to deficiency of your Video memory. So reducing the graphics to lower settings may help the cause. If it does not solve your problem then find this value in the config(ini) file, “HideOutOfVRamWarning” and set HideOutOfVRamWarning = 1 using notepad. This should remove the warning message.

4# Civilization V Error Code: -5009 : 0x8000ffff
There are 2 solutions for this one:
Clean out the temp folder. If you are not sure that what is the exact location of this folder then open command prompt and type “set temp” to see the path then go to that folder and delete all the files/folders within it.
Fix Corrupt Install Shield files. Go to

C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime

and delete or rename IsProBE.tlb then re-run the installer.

5# Civilization V Crashes on Startup, Skip Intro Movie
If your game keeps on crashing at the initial stages of the game like the start up screen or the first loading screen, you may want to try following workarounds.
1. Go to

“My Documents\My Games\Sid Meiers Civilization 5\”

and open usersettings.ini in Notepad. About 15 lines down you will find “SkipIntroVideo = 0″. Make this value 1. This will skip the intro video and you will be directly enter to the game menu. Again, make sure that you have the latest drivers and you reboot the PC after driver install and editing the ini file.

2. Navigate to

Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier’s Civilization V/DirectX

and run Dxsetup.exe. if you are using Dx10/11, try running the game using DirectX 9 also upgrade your DirectX drivers.

6# Civilization V Crashes on Large Maps

It is most probably due to the fact that you have LOW memory (RAM). You can avoid crashes by terminating other process that might be consuming your memory.

7# Civilization V Black Screen Out of Range Error
Right click on ‘Civilization V’ in Steam -> Properties -> Set launch options. Add “-w 1024 -h 768 -refresh 60″. Run the game, and change video settings in game options to this resolution and refresh rate.
It happens because your monitor doesn’t support default resolution. Remove this command line after you have changed the video settings.

8# Unable to Load .dll file
Verify the integrity of the files.

9# Executed Civilization V executable, and nothing happened ?
Try running the game as admin, or in Windows XP SP2 compatibility.

10# Civilization V Failed to Launch
If you have tried launching the game after installation and nothing happens, any error occurs, you can try these workarounds to fix the launch issues of the game
1. Restart Steam.
2. Restart Computer.
3. Go the folder and launch the application directly.
4. Validate integrity of game cache.
If that Doesn’t work, try this.
Go the folder in your steam index/common/civilization v
delete the Type. file “srcds_run” and then re-validate the integrity of game cache.

11# Broken DirectX 10 DirectX 11 Launcher Fix
If you get DirectX error on running the launcher. In order to fix that go to properties of Steam.exe and ensure that ‘Compatability mode’ is turned off.
Click ‘Change settings for all users’ in order to un-grey the Compatibility mode, but after that everything will work perfectly fine.

12# Civilization V Multiplayer Connectivity Issues
13# Civilization V Random Lag Spikes

Experiencing random ping jumps and lag issues ?. ALT-TAB out of the game, go to taskbar>processes and see which processes are loading your processor and causing these spikes. Also make sure you meet the minimum requirements in order to play the game.

14# Civilization V Crashes When Opening Civlopedia
Run the game in DirectX 9 and it will resolve this issue.

16# Problems Starting Civilization V Demo
Try to play the demo in compatibility mode DirectX 9 and see if the game starts properly.

17# Game Won’t Install From Disc ? Requires Download From Steam
Some of the users have reported that the disc version of the game they bought requires download from steam. If you face this problem you can try deleting all the game files and re-install the game using setup.exe from the disk. Or you can refer to the tutorial below on how you can install the game from the disc instead of steam.

How to Use Steam launch options to install retail games from disc.
1. Log in to Steam and click on Library.
2. Right-click on the game, select Delete local content, and confirm.
3. Insert the first disc into your computer.
4. Close Steam (Steam > Exit).
5. Press Windows Key + R to open Run
6. In the Run window type:

“C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe” -install E:

Replace E: with the CD/DVD drive you are installing from if is not correct.
Replace C:\Program Files\Steam if your Steam installation is not in the default location.
7. Press OK. Steam will launch and ask you to sign in if you do not have your password saved. Your installation should continue from the disc.

18# Anti Aliasing Doesn’t Work with DirectX 10/11
Playing the game in DirectX 10/11 ? some of you may experience no anti-aliasing whatsoever.
If you face this issue, go to GraphicsSettingsDX11.ini in your “My Games\Sid Meier’s Civilization V” folder and change “AllowLeaderAA” to “0″ to fix it.

19# DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11 Permanent Fix
Install “DXSetup.exe” from steamapps\common\sid meier’s civilization v\directx and it will resolve all your DirectX problems.

20# Can’t Save Games on Local Hard Drive
At your desktop, navigate to your “My Games” folder then to the “Sid Meier’s Civilization 5″ folder. Find the Config.ini file, right click and select “Edit”.

Scroll down to the section [Game], which is about 75% down the list. The third option under that is what you are looking for. It will look like this:

; Save Path – relative to working (Civ5) folder
FileName =

You need to put in the directory location of the “Saves” folder in the blank spot after FileName =

It should then look similar to this (check your own directory, it is different on different OS):

FileName = C:\Users\(Your Username)\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier’s Civilization 5\Saves\

Save the Config.ini file after your modification and congrats now you will be able to save games on your local hard drive.

21# Civilization V Bonus Content and Sound Tracks Location

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier’s civilization v\Assets\DLC\DLC_Deluxe\Soundtrack

These are currently the major issues reported by users. If you face any other issue, share with us and we will try to resolve any issue faced by you.

owlbeak

Oh my god, please tell me there is an option to shut off the fucking thing that makes it automatically go to units without orders. It is so frustrating. I am trying to do shit in one part of the map and I order one unit to do something then it flies me across the world to some unit that I don't wanna deal with at the moment. That's my only complaint with this game.

Is there something in the config file to shut that off?? Why even give me the message in the bottom right that a unit needs orders if you're gonna take me to it automatically? >:[

Ferrio

Banned
Horsebite said:
Oh my god, please tell me there is an option to shut off the fucking thing that makes it automatically go to units without orders. It is so frustrating. I am trying to do shit in one part of the map and I order one unit to do something then it flies me across the world to some unit that I don't wanna deal with at the moment. That's my only complaint with this game.

Is there something in the config file to shut that off?? Why even give me the message in the bottom right that a unit needs orders if you're gonna take me to it automatically? >:[

Either put them to sleep or in alert mode.

McNum

I'm having fun with my first game of Civ V, and the AI has impressed me a few times already. Sure, it's just Chieftain level, but it's still pretty fun to see what it's up to. Ramses thought he could box me in by sneaking a settler around my borders. Ramses is now no more. That ticked off Siam who kept on prank-calling me after that.

Then Germany decided to pick on a City State near me, who then requested aid. I killed some German troops and Bismark got a little upset and would under no circumstances accept peace. Until several units of Samurai landed on the beaches outside Hamburg. I don't think I've ever seen a more desperate plea for peace in a 4X game... All his gold, and his income and two luxury resources for 10 turns in exchange for peace. End result both my neighbors hated me. Which makes what happened next rather... odd.

Siam requests open borders! Germany requests open borders! I wanted to see where that was going. No sooner had I accepted until Siam declared war on Germany and troops of both sides poured across the borders of Japan to fight their war on my lands. I've never seen that before in any 4X game. Now, I wasn't going to do anything to stop my two closest rivals from bashing each other's heads in, but Siam had an ace up their sleeve and would defeat Germany fast thanks to a City State ally up north. Who I then bought off to stay out of it.

So now Siam and Germany are killing each other on my lands while I slowly get to tech up. I've got gunpowder now, so if they think to get tricky, I'll be able to hold both of them off. I'm going for the spaceship, but when my neighbors put up a show like that, who am I to interfere? In fact, it's in my best interests to keep them fighting. Maybe I'll gift an obsolete unit to Germany or something... The City State I bought off did manage to raze a German city, so they're a little behind now. Proxy wars are extra fun when you want BOTH sides to lose, but not too fast.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't think that's what he means.

For example, I was embarking an army of 20-30 units across the pacific. Since they were arranged in rows, I wanted the ones in front to go first, to leave room for the second row to follow up.

But whenever a new unit needs an actions, Civ V will automatically center to that unit. It was very frustrating when it kept centering to the unit all the way in the back. If you put it to sleep, then there might be the chance that you forget it needs a command.

I think there should be an option for a "center on selected unit" hotkey and when Civ tells you a new unit needs a command it doesn't auto-center the screen.

TheFreshPrince

I'm a newcomer to the Civ series...quick question:

I bought a tile that had 2 hammers on it, yet the production wasn't added to my city total...I still had 6 instead of 8....what do I need to do to 'get' those hammers? They were just on an empty hill tile...

Blizzard

Banned
TheFreshPrince said:
I'm a newcomer to the Civ series...quick question:

I bought a tile that had 2 hammers on it, yet the production wasn't added to my city total...I still had 6 instead of 8....what do I need to do to 'get' those hammers? They were just on an empty hill tile...
I'm also mostly a newcomer, but I think I know this!

Click on your city name, and look at the circles on various tiles. If the circle is filled in with green, you have citizens "working" it and you will get those resources. You can click circles (click a green one to turn it off, then click something else to fill it) to change your resource allocation if you don't like the automatic allocation. The automatic one seems pretty good, but sometimes you may want extra gold or something.

I have questions! I didn't play Civ 4 much, but I liked the Civ 5 demo (despite people saying they don't care much for the Civ 5 full game?). Sadly as I said my K-mart seems to no longer sell PC games. Does anyone have a recommendation for the best online store to buy it from? I have enough games to play so I -could- just wait for $5 off on the Steam holiday sale or something. I really don't want to buy DLC that's not in a collection or discount, just because I don't like encouraging paid DLC, but I also don't want to feel gypped if there are not many civilizations available by default, which I may have seen one friend complaining about.

So, I imagine I missed any good online preorder deals, but are there any reasonable packages? Is the $60 (ick) Steam deluxe package the best deal to include extras? I would consider getting the soundtrack, since I liked what I heard ingame, and I guess the Steam deluxe version or a retail deluxe version is the only way to get it...a physical manual might also be nice so maybe I should try to further look for retail options.

Maybe I'm TOTALLY crazy, but I thought some of the ingame music almost sounded like actual classical music, i.e. Gabriel Fauré?!

Arucardo

Played way too much of this today. Second game with the world map with the biggest size you can choose on prince difficulty. Started on the east coast of north america as japan. Had the Greeks on the west coast between a bunch of mountains and aztecs in south america.

After about 300 turns Alexander (Greeks) made the mistake of making fun of my army or culture (don't remember exactly which) so I took a look at his city levels and decided to obliterate them with a few horse knight units, a samurai unit, archers and Rommel (general) :lol . Almost have all of north america now under my influence.

The Turks have been steam rolling europe from what I understood and I've made some deals with them. Turks asked me to declare war on Gandhi with them but it's not like I have to fight him right now :lol . 7 or 8 civs left from the original 12 and when you press next turn now it does take a bit to process . Can't wait to have some airplanes so I can scout europe some more and maybe free up borders with the aztecs so I can scout the south too.

My steam profile is going to have hundreds of hours on Civ 5 since my dad plays it on mine too :lol , only have a very low tier laptop at my apartment so I won't get to play it all that much myself.

Zzoram

What a surprise, the majority of technical issues are due to outdated drivers or setting graphics beyond what the system specs can handle. All those people are probably whining about Steam on CivFanatics.

Sober

Blizzard said:
I'm also mostly a newcomer, but I think I know this!

Click on your city name, and look at the circles on various tiles. If the circle is filled in with green, you have citizens "working" it and you will get those resources. You can click circles (click a green one to turn it off, then click something else to fill it) to change your resource allocation if you don't like the automatic allocation. The automatic one seems pretty good, but sometimes you may want extra gold or something.

Maybe I'm TOTALLY crazy, but I thought some of the ingame music almost sounded like actual classical music, i.e. Gabriel Fauré?!
Yeah, just go to the city screen, open up the Citizen Allocation panel and you can manually assign tiles. The governor does a good job depending on the focus you want, or you can also manually assign certain tiles and also then let the governor do his own too, if you want.

Also, the soundtrack I think is based on the region of your civ. Are you playing a European Civ or something? It might change with an Asian or African one, etc.

Also, I kinda like Rome, but I haven't really been abusing the UA since I don't spam all my buildings in my capital. And I still had Legion troops when I could upgrade them to riflemen, only cause I wanted to use them to build roads, oh boy. I guess I should've thrown more points into Liberty in that cause since their ability is implying fast expansion, right?

dream

Zzoram said:
What a surprise, the majority of technical issues are due to outdated drivers or setting graphics beyond what the system specs can handle. All those people are probably whining about Steam on CivFanatics.

Shit, you think they're bad? Check out the Stardock forums to see just how venomous Elemental players are about Steam and Civ 5. I think I saw someone refer to Steam as malware.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Not really funny to me personally but it is Civ V related...

I played so much Civ V yesterday that I actually sprained my ankle by sitting on it wrong. I didn't realize the damage I was doing to it until it was too late. It ached everytime I moved while I slept, and when I woke up this morning I had to hobble to take a piss :lol

One more turn....ed ankle :lol

owlbeak

Ferrio said:
Either put them to sleep or in alert mode.
If you're commanding a massive army that is on the attack you can't do that. I'm trying to coordinate a massive assault and it's shuffling me all over the place. All the units need to move on the same turn, but I'd like to be able to move all the units in one area first before moving the group across the world. It's just annoying.

Firebrand

Blizzard said:
a physical manual might also be nice so maybe I should try to further look for retail options.

No physical manual in the boxed version, just a small "quick start" guide. You do get a rather large, double-sided poster describing the tech tree, social policies, promotions, tile yields, hotkeys etc.

Blizzard

Banned
Firebrand said:
No physical manual in the boxed version, just a small "quick start" guide. You do get a rather large, double-sided poster describing the tech tree, social policies, promotions, tile yields, hotkeys etc.
Hmm, ok. Do you have a recommendation about which online version has the best DLC/value options, or just wait until Christmas?

Speaking of the tech tree, the ingame one is really nice, though it almost feels like cheating to be able to target something way down in the tech tree and have it automatically (I think) select the proper prerequisite techs. I didn't play enough in the demo to get an idea if there is really a lot of room for strategy by picking different tech trees. It seems that there are some, or a lot of, prequisites that almost everyone might need.

dream

Blizzard said:
Hmm, ok. Do you have a recommendation about which online version has the best DLC/value options, or just wait until Christmas?

Speaking of the tech tree, the ingame one is really nice, though it almost feels like cheating to be able to target something way down in the tech tree and have it automatically (I think) select the proper prerequisite techs. I didn't play enough in the demo to get an idea if there is really a lot of room for strategy by picking different tech trees. It seems that there are some, or a lot of, prequisites that almost everyone might need.

FWIW, I bought the standard edition ($40 on D2D!) thinking "$10 for the Babylons? Fuck that!" Then I saw their UA and UUs and now I'm like ":(."

Make sure you go through the Civlopedia too (hit F1 in the game). It's a great way to learn the units and buildings.

WillyFive

DJ_Tet said:
Not really funny to me personally but it is Civ V related...

I played so much Civ V yesterday that I actually sprained my ankle by sitting on it wrong. I didn't realize the damage I was doing to it until it was too late. It ached everytime I moved while I slept, and when I woke up this morning I had to hobble to take a piss :lol

One more turn....ed ankle :lol

That's....excessive.

Blizzard

Banned
dream said:
FWIW, I bought the standard edition ($40 on D2D!) thinking "$10 for the Babylons? Fuck that!" Then I saw their UA and UUs and now I'm like ":(."

Make sure you go through the Civlopedia too (hit F1 in the game). It's a great way to learn the units and buildings.
Yeah, I can understand feeling that way about a missing civilization, but I also feel like if I pay $10 extra for another civilization (and potential more civilizations in the future) then I will be Part Of The Problem. :lol I wonder if modding will allow decent quality custom civilizations.

dream

Blizzard said:
Yeah, I can understand feeling that way about a missing civilization, but I also feel like if I pay $10 extra for another civilization (and potential more civilizations in the future) then I will be Part Of The Problem. :lol I wonder if modding will allow decent quality custom civilizations.

Check out the mod gallery - someone already made a pretty decent Celts civ.

I just want the Babylons because I used to love running specialist economies in Civ 4 and their UA seems to be the closest to playing a philosophical civ.

Zeliard

golem said:
Man Civ is crashing alot for me. Win7 64 and 8800gtx. Crashed once or twice on my ancient Nvidia drivers, upgraded to 258.96 and now its crashing like crazy. Going to try the 260.63s

Same here. It's pretty much guaranteed to crash after no more than maybe 30 mins of play, no matter what drivers I use, which gets fairly frustrating especially as you're really getting into it. That's also with an 8800GTX and Win7 x64. And 4 gigs of RAM so I don't know that it's a memory issue.

Griffin

Zeliard said:
Same here. It's pretty much guaranteed to crash after no more than maybe 30 mins of play, no matter what drivers I use, which gets fairly frustrating especially as you're really getting into it. That's also with an 8800GTX and Win7 x64. And 4 gigs of RAM so I don't know that it's a memory issue.

golem said:

Friend of me has same combo. Are you running DX9 or DX10? Try to run it in DX9 and lower the graphics if you haven't tried it before.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Sat down at 11:00am
350ish turns later, eleven fucking hours later ( including foodbreaks and shit though ) I stare at the clock and realize it's 22:00pm.

And I didnt even finish the game!

Questions from a firsttime civver :

1.) Is it even possible to overwatch what the workers to in the endgame? Or is the automatic-worker-feature an implicitly used command?

2.) Do you have to research everything before advancing in the researchtree? I took a look at mine and I had EVERYTHING researched up to a certain point, I was under the impression that the techtree was kinda like a talent tree were you kinda had to make compromises and whatnot.

3.) I was all over the place, I couldn't really "feel" the road to any other victory than a military one. I guess spamming units and whatnot is the military route but what do I "spam" if I want to get a diplomatic victory/etc

XiaNaphryz

dream said:

To be fair, it's $10 for the civ plus all the behinds-the-scenes extras (soundtrack, making-of vid).

Dougald

God damn it, last week I was saying to myself "don't buy civ 5, remember what happened last time"

I bought it anyway, and started up a small multiplayer game with my brother. 8 hours later I look at the clock and realise my life is once again ruined. Damn you Firaxis!

Maybe I'll just play a few turns of a new game now... what's the harm?

Rubezh

The Amazon.co.uk reviews are describing Steam like it's the next Spore-gate DRM boogeyman. Quite a shame since they obviously show no understanding of the Steam client nor the service it provides.

dream

Oh, hey, Blizzard - if you haven't pulled the trigger yet, you can use the code IGNDEAL to knock off 20% on Direct2Drive.

golem

Griffin said:
Friend of me has same combo. Are you running DX9 or DX10? Try to run it in DX9 and lower the graphics if you haven't tried it before.
I put in the latest betas and ran it in DX9 with the Leader settings turned to medium. Got a solid 20 or 30 turns before it crashed this time, haha. Maybe theres a memory leak somewhere or something

XiaNaphryz

Confidence Man said:
I don't understand why it lets me build, say, a pyramid if I'm not playing as Egypt only to take it away once it's finished?
Most wonders can only have one existing in the whole world - if another civ beats you to it, you have to switch production.

Blizzard

Banned
dream said:
Oh, hey, Blizzard - if you haven't pulled the trigger yet, you can use the code IGNDEAL to knock off 20% on Direct2Drive.
So, $48 for the digital deluxe edition, that's more like it. Thanks! I don't want to deal with Direct2Drive, but as far as I understand if I buy from them I get a code that will just add it like a normal Steam game to my account, right? And from there on out I can simply redownload it via the Steam client if I get a new computer?

Thanks again if so, I'll probably go ahead and go for that. Under $50 for a couple of extras isn't too bad, though I guess we'll see what DLC may follow!

dream

Blizzard said:
So, $48 for the digital deluxe edition, that's more like it. Thanks! I don't want to deal with Direct2Drive, but as far as I understand if I buy from them I get a code that will just add it like a normal Steam game to my account, right? And from there on out I can simply redownload it via the Steam client if I get a new computer?

Thanks again if so, I'll probably go ahead and go for that. Under $50 for a couple of extras isn't too bad, though I guess we'll see what DLC may follow!

Yeah, there's no download from D2D -- just type the code into Steam and it's registered to your account as if you had purchased it directly (with all the benefits of a Steam game like auto patching and such).

Blizzard

Banned
dream said:
Yeah, there's no download from D2D -- just type the code into Steam and it's registered to your account as if you had purchased it directly (with all the benefits of a Steam game like auto patching and such).
Excellent, thanks, customer care rep! :p

Mairu

dream said:
Your coupon or discount has expired.

:(

Any other deals going on before I just buy it from steam?

Poor Rich

Neo Member
I've noticed in this game when you are at war with someone and they are losing badly they will offer you a very generous peace offer. So I'm playing my game and Persia gets mad that I'm getting too close to their boarders so they go to war with me. They send everything they have at me but I hold them off with more advanced units and eventually follow them into their territory and take one of their cities. The peace offer screen comes up and I click OK without reading it because I didn't really feel like fighting. Turns out they gave me EVERY CITY they had but the capital. So my empire went from 7 cities to 12! :lol Was not expecting that.

Blizzard

Banned
Mairu said:
Your coupon or discount has expired.

:(

Any other deals going on before I just buy it from steam?
DARNIT :lol

Well, $50 is not that far from $48. I shall try the $10 off one! *edit* Done! Worked for me, deluxe for $49.95.

Hmmm, he game just ended at 2050 but the "Just... one... more... turn" buton is greyed out so I can't keep playing it. Is this happening for anyone else?

Fjolle

Poor Rich said:
I've noticed in this game when you are at war with someone and they are losing badly they will offer you a very generous peace offer. So I'm playing my game and Persia gets mad that I'm getting too close to their boarders so they go to war with me. They send everything they have at me but I hold them off with more advanced units and eventually follow them into their territory and take one of their cities. The peace offer screen comes up and I click OK without reading it because I didn't really feel like fighting. Turns out they gave me EVERY CITY they had but the capital. So my empire went from 7 cities to 12! :lol Was not expecting that.
The AI peace offers are buggy. Seems like they are fixed in a patch about to be rolled out though.

There has been a small bug-fix pushed-out for Civilization V. Not sure if its live in steam yet, but will be very soon.

Issues fixed include:
Game now runs if user path includes special characters.
AI will now make gold per turn deals in amounts other than 5 GPT.
Open borders is canceled immediately if war is declared and troops in enemy lands displaced.
AI valuation of cities in trades and peace deals improved.
Unit maintenance now scales appropriately in Time Limit games.
Various crash fixes.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=382491

Fjolle said:
There has been a small bug-fix pushed-out for Civilization V. Not sure if its live in steam yet, but will be very soon.
That patch actually went out before they even posted that summary. Everyone was wondering what the hell they had just downloaded.

LCfiner

just finished my first Civ V game. actually my first completed Civ game ever.

achieved a scientific victory in the year 2040 (only 10 moves left!). took around 19 hours. :lol

It was damn close. When I was building parts of the SS rocket, I had completed the final section, the stasis chamber, with around 40 moves left.

I put it all together in my capital but never got a prompt that the game was over. this prompted me to look more closely at the production bits and noticed I needed THREE rocket boosters and not just the one that I built (noob mistake!) crap, crap, crap

and my two best production cities couldn’t complete the boosters with enough time before the game would end (I would still win by score but, dammit, I wanted that science victory!)

But, all was not lost. I, luckily, had enough Happiness built up to start a golden age in 5 turns. Once it triggered, I was able to double production speed on my rocket boosters and got them built just in the nick of time.

Victory was mine! :D

then I saved and tried out a nuke and my giant killer robot that I had built “just in case”. and then I quit without saving since I was pretty shocked by the disaster radius of the nuke.

panda21

damn it i was playing for a long time and then all of a sudden the screen got these green vertical bars on it and it froze.

its happened before when stuff has crashed, is that an overheating thing or a generic graphics crashing thing?

i think i lost everything since my last save because the default autosave is off or some crazy long number of turns or something? do the autosaves show up in the regular save list, i didnt even see any yet and i played for like 2 hours before.

Blizzard

Banned
panda21 said:
damn it i was playing for a long time and then all of a sudden the screen got these green vertical bars on it and it froze.

its happened before when stuff has crashed, is that an overheating thing or a generic graphics crashing thing?

i think i lost everything since my last save because the default autosave is off or some crazy long number of turns or something? do the autosaves show up in the regular save list, i didnt even see any yet and i played for like 2 hours before.
The default autosave in the demo was 10, I think, but I believe I saw at least one post where someone said their game crashed and the autosave(s) were gone too, so I don't know if it works.

Top Bottom