• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Civilization VII | Summer Game Fest

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
image.png

Gameplay reveal this Summer, coming 2025

Last edited:

Mercador

I don't mind the Switch port, at least we'll be able to play with a controller so I expect loosing some turns on the Steam Deck. I noticed HDR too on the Steam page.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Anticipating those moments when time slips away like sand through fingers, leaving behind a trail of unachievements. I will play this game..

Majukun

Why the hell is this on Switch... Civ VI had sacrifices running in it. Not sure how ambitious this will be now.
because the port of 6 "significally exceeded expectations"

also it's not like civ games necessitate of raw power to get better, it's all about systems and how they work as a whole

Mownoc

because the port of 6 "significally exceeded expectations"

also it's not like civ games necessitate of raw power to get better, it's all about systems and how they work as a whole
The biggest deal is the Ram. Limiting yourself to making a strategy game that works on a 4gb device in 2025, especially when Nintendo's next console will be out, is not something I was expecting. Civ VI did chug at the end of turns on the Switch too lategame so yeah, they also need to make sure all the AI and other processing runs in a reasonable time on a 2017 mobile cpu.

A good thing about this announcement is that it triggered Steam sales on the series… except for the best game: Civ 4. So bizarre.

I’ve been playing Civ Revolution on 360 lately and it has me craving Civ 4 again. Unfortunately, I only own it on the original physical CD. I see it regularly goes on sale for $3, so I’m not about to pay $25. I guess I’ll satisfy myself either the second best game in the series: Civ 5.

Last edited:

Majukun

The biggest deal is the Ram. Limiting yourself to making a strategy game that works on a 4gb device in 2025, especially when Nintendo's next console will be out, is not something I was expecting. Civ VI did chug at the end of turns on the Switch too lategame so yeah, they also need to make sure all the AI and other processing runs in a reasonable time on a 2017 mobile cpu.
i gave up hope on actual AI in civs games :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Klik

If CIV 7 is also releasing on last gen PS4/X1 after being 5 YEARS into current gen, why then CIV 6 didn't release on PS3/X360 too?
Its so weird,questionable and huge red flag to release AAA game in 2025 for last gen,especially considering its 4x strategy game that relies on good CPU/RAM/SSD

Last edited:
Top Bottom