• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

I wish you could mute your opponent's emotes like you can in Hearthstone. In my trophy bracket at least, most people are pretty polite, but there's always a bad apple every now and then to drive you nuts.

Today a couple of people in a row annoyed me with their emotes when they won and I got angry, then I won a game and out of prior rage also spammed emotes, at the same time the other guy gave me a "well played" and "good game".

I felt so bad... he was polite and I was the dick.

People who spam emotes like that are usually people who just got their ass kicked the game before.

=(

hollomat

Banned
Yea, that makes sense. I can't really fault people for it given the nature of how this game works. I guess I was more surprised at seeing someone with level 6 barbarians in Arena 2.

That person is probably there just to troll people. Dropping to a lower arena gives you chests in that arena which have less gold and cards. Arena 7 is from 2000 to 3000 trophies, so it makes no difference if you're 2900 or 2100. However if you dropped from 2500 to 1600 on purpose you'd be getting less gold and cards in each chest.

wonderpug

Neo Member
If I lose two in a row now I log off.

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to keep playing in a distracted, frustrated mental state, lose 5 more times, then repeatedly switch decks in the hopes that "this one will break me out of the rut" and lose 10 times more from using unfamiliar decks.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to keep playing in a distracted, frustrated mental state, lose 5 more times, then repeatedly switch decks in the hopes that "this one will break me out of the rut" and lose 10 times more from using unfamiliar decks.

Not any more Supercell!

Got on this morning, won one, lost 2 in a row, decided to keep playing and just barely got two draws in a row so I figured it was time to get off.

Also if the matchmaking takes longer than the 3 second countdown I just cancel because that means I usually get lag during the match.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
New balance changes incoming:

Mortar: Deployment time increased to 5sec (from 3sec), damage decreased by 10%
- For a building with both offensive and defensive capabilities, the Mortar is currently too strong and offers too much value for 4 Elixir. Its use rate in Arena 8 is a bit high for such a specialized, and contentious, card. Additionally, we wanted to take into consideration that when the new Tournament Rules come into play, Mortars will be capped at level 9 instead of level 8.

Bomb Tower: Lifetime decreased to 40sec (from 60sec)
- The Bomb Tower is a bit too dominant and difficult to deal with in the low to mid Arenas currently. A lower lifetime will help with this and also bring it more in line with the other defensive buildings.

Elixir Collector: Hitpoints decreased by 20%
- The Elixir Collector's use rate is very high at the top and feels like too much of an obvious choice in many decks. Additionally, being able to use it as a distraction and damage absorber is interesting, but it’s a bit too good at the latter right now. Less hitpoints should remedy this.

Cannon: Hitpoints decreased by 11%
- The Cannon simply offers too much value for 3 Elixir.

Royal Giant: Range increased by 1
- The Royale Giant's low use rate shows that he hasn’t yet found his purpose. A longer range will allow him to outrange most defensive buildings and make him the demolitionist he was born to be!

Mirror: Common and Rare Cards mirrored 1 level higher
- This change will mean a Tournament Rules level Mirror (4), mirrors all card rarities to their respective Tournament Rules levels (1, 4, 7, 9); and a max level Mirror (8), mirrors max level cards. It should also help boost the Mirror’s overall value and appeal.

Valkyrie: Will be affected by pushback (e.g. when hit by Fireball)
- When a rather large Fireball lands on your face you should feel it, and look as though you felt it. The Valkyrie is tough as nails, but she’s not that tough. This change is for consistency with all other small to medium sized troops.

Mini P.E.K.K.A: Will be affected by pushback (e.g. when hit by Fireball)
- Same as above.

Range Values (all units): Fixed
- We fixed a bug where the handling of attack ranges wasn't consistent with different sized units. Due to this the range values will appear to be smaller than before for some units in the next update, but their ranges are all effectively the same as before.
- One example of this is when two units with the same range encountered each other, they didn’t always attack at the same time - this has been fixed.
- Also, the King Tower's range seen here appears to have been decreased, but it hasn't! And likewise with the Royal Giant, we're increasing his range by 1, but his info screen will still show a range of 6 in the next update - even though it has increased!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Welcome to Hog Royale, where your use of building is an instant mistake

Also, get ready to see a mass comeback of goblin&barb hut decks since bomb tower is gonna last less

I've got a decent hut deck counter that I've been using that has also performed pretty well against most decks in Arena 4.

Valkyrie
Witch
Archers
Cannon
Wizard
Hog Rider
Bomber
Fireball

Ground troops are no problem at all, and Wizard is great against Minion Horde. I do get overwhelmed by heavy flying decks though, especially if I don't have the Wizard ready against a Minion Horde.

Agent

New balance changes incoming:

Mortar and Bomb Tower decreases were much needed so that is good news. I think the Bomb Tower will still be a pain to deal with, but at least it won't be on the map forever.

The Elixir decrease is interesting. Ironically, I can see different/more buildings (cannons) being used for distractions so people can hide their Elixir and get full value behind a tower.

Cannon decrease doesn't matter all too much either. It's main purpose was to distract enemies to the middle where your towers/cannon can damage them enough to finish them off after cannon is gone. I don't see that changing.

Royal Giant. If his range is going to out range most defensive buildings (coupled with the last buff) I could see this starting to make its way into decks finally. If it is placed at the right time it is going to force your opponent to deploy some troops to deal with it since it would be out of range of defensive buildings.

Valkyrie/Mini Pekka changes make sense. Don't see too much of an impact on them.

JoeNut

The nerfs screw my deck completely, 3 cards, cannon, mortar and collector.

I'm going back to hog freeze but throwing poison in too, I've kept cannon in to counter hog. Seems to work so far, poison is pretty OP

chinoXL

nice tone these bomb towers down...take way too much damage and people just keep popping them up repeatedly....now people need to learn new strats sucks to rely on an overpowered defense

hollomat

Banned
Bomb tower nerf was needed. By the time the minute expired or they were destroyed, the person playing them would always have another bomb tower in their hand.

Only card I run that's getting nerfed is elixir collector, so I don't see myself changing my deck at all based on these.

Acidote

Why do I never face opponents of my own level? I'm 6 on Arena 5 close to Arena 6 yet I always play versus level 7 opponents. Is it because of the cards I play or something like that? If I faced people of my level I would have been in Arena 6 for a while.

Dazzler

Is there any reason why people might spam the WOW emote before either of us has made a move at the start of the game? It's happened a couple times now

DrkSage

Bomb tower nerf was needed. By the time the minute expired or they were destroyed, the person playing them would always have another bomb tower in their hand.

Only card I run that's getting nerfed is elixir collector, so I don't see myself changing my deck at all based on these.

Most building don't last their duration time because health keeps going down per second

red13th

Still in shock they think Freeze is fine. Just lost to a Hog Freeze because of one play, put my cannot a teensy bit too far and Hog didn't lock on to it, so I had to drop my Barbs, they froze which I knew would happen and gg lost my tower, couldn't push because of Bomb Tower (his tower had lesse than 1k HP). :( so frustrating.

broz0rs

I feel for my clanmates who go on massive losing streaks. Generally, people on GAF clans are good dudes and you just know that during their loss streaks they're going to get battered by emotes.

Bomb Tower Nerf is good but mortar is pretty useless now and it was much easier to deal with than Stall Decks with gob barrel and Rocket. No princess and Ice Wiz Nerf is expected (sucker people into buying super magical chests) but still sucks. Both are far too elixir efficient.

Lothars

I finally hit arena 6 and in my first couple chests got both mortar and elixer generator. It took me forever to hit arena 6 but still enjoying playing the game here and there.

They might as well tell everyone to play a Hog deck. Way to nerf all the good ways to deal with Hogs without nerfing Hog Freeze. Cannon nerf wasn't justified.

I don't really mind the Collector nerf. Bomb Tower nerf was well deserved. Royal Giants will finally carve a niche of their own.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
They might as well tell everyone to play a Hog deck. Way to nerf all the good ways to deal with Hogs without nerfing Hog Freeze. Cannon nerf wasn't justified.

I don't really mind the Collector nerf. Bomb Tower nerf was well deserved. Royal Giants will finally carve a niche of their own.

Yeah I'm not sure why they nerfed Cannon considering it's one of the few cheap counters to Hog Rider.

All I've been running into lately is Bomb Towers, can wait for that nerf to hit.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm only level 4, but are Minions and a Baby Dragon redundant, or good to keep both?

Maximus P

The bomb tower needed a nerf, so I'm glad it's being addressed. I am however surprised that freeze isn't being nerfed in some way. 90% of the decks I come across use hog/freeze or balloon/freeze.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why the fuck can you only open one chest at a time? They already have timers anyway, I could at least play a few matches when they were open instead of literally playing one match, winning and I cant do anything again for another 3 hours at least (yes Im assuming I win the match, which I did the last 2 times I was full on chests and opened one)

Im sorry if this is a common complaint, I just downloaded this a couple of days ago

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Still in shock they think Freeze is fine. Just lost to a Hog Freeze because of one play, put my cannot a teensy bit too far and Hog didn't lock on to it, so I had to drop my Barbs, they froze which I knew would happen and gg lost my tower, couldn't push because of Bomb Tower (his tower had lesse than 1k HP). :( so frustrating.

Freeze feels about right. You have a delay in placing freeze which can let an enemy get in quite a lot of damage by the time you respond, and forces you to play freeze the instant an enemy is placed nearby. you get hit by a freeze when you drop one card, that can hurt a lot assuming they also freeze your tower. Counter is to try and use two lower elixir cards - one to force a freeze card if they have one, and one backup in case they do. Hog is a sitting duck so even skellies are fine to get him quickly.

Just lost a match because I fireballed and arrow'd his tower instead of defending, which left it with 4HP. When I went back to look at my deck I found out I forgot to upgrade my fireball from 4 to 5. FUCK.

Why the fuck can you only open one chest at a time? They already have timers anyway, I could at least play a few matches when they were open instead of literally playing one match, winning and I cant do anything again for another 3 hours at least (yes Im assuming I win the match, which I did the last 2 times I was full on chests and opened one)

Im sorry if this is a common complaint, I just downloaded this a couple of days ago

Welcome to the world of f2p mobile games. :( just don't spend money out of frustration...

JoeNut

Clearing out Neogaf Elite today if anyone wants to join feel free to request just put your gaf name in the request message

Maximus P

I'm only going by my experience, but at around 2300 trophies i'd say 9 out of 10 people i come across have hog and freeze in their deck.

It's ok now because so many people use the tactic that I've grown wise to it and and counter it easily. Your pretty much guaranteed that the freeze will appear if hog is your opponents first card. The only reason I'd want a nerf for freeze is so it adds more variety to the decks i come across. A little one would sufficient such as a +1 cost or a one second less lasting.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Just got a balloon! Man I've been getting sick of getting my ass widened by these things.

Thinking this for my new deck (arena 3, 900ish trophy)

Goblins, Spear Goblins, Musketeer, Barbarians
Arrows, Bomb Tower, Balloon, Prince

Anything I need to look out for with this set up? First deck I've tried using without my trusty Witch in it. Could I fit her in there? Maybe in place of the musketeer or barbies?

djp6

Just joined Neogaf Elite and also managed to enter arena 6,will have to wait for a whole bunch of free chest before i play again

Top Bottom