• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clubhouse Games Official Euro Thread (dump friend codes here)

womp

This game is gonna F'ing own ass...Been waiting for it since it was announced so many moons ago. Its easily my top game of the season (No Really), its potential is just too extreme to handle and my pals and I are psyched to hell. We've already dabbled with the import and the US/UK releases are even MORE improved. 1st class Nintendo fun here guys.

8 player WiFi with chat poker nights.

Killer app FTW and the WiFi is FREE. I'd gladly pay $35 for this, hell I'd pay $60.

Nuff said.

I'll be picking this up on Friday. It still seems to be 30 euro here, great price for what I hope will be the ultimate pick up and play title. Great to see 37 of the games online as well, thought we might only get around half online. Should be great fun.

allarise

I'm in the "one of my most anticipated games of the fall" camp.

tried out the demos from the download station kiosk tonight.

played Darts and Turncoat (which is a variation on Reversi, I believe)

Darts was balls out fun, to be honest. Three game modes on the demo, I see the pictochat being awesome for that game in particular because of the downtime between turns.

Turncoat was great as well, I played the crap out of the Reversi Bob-ombs on NSMB, this is the same game, w/ better graphics.

Here's to the rest of the games being as fun....

maxmars said:
This is so mine. With places like Yahoo games, a PC was a necessary evil. Now is not necessary. :D

This is exactly the reason why I probably won't be getting it. I can play these games, without trifling with friend codes, for free on Yahoo.

Good for people with ready wifi access and no pc, obviously.

Join the hypetrain!

From nkarafo,
Gamefaqs
:

I have bought the game from fnac, from the Mall from Athens, Greece and it is a very very addictive game. Trust me, it worth the 30 Euro that I spent. Includes many games and with a ton of replay value. The most addictive card & board video game ever created. Enough said.

It supports single/multi card multiplayer + wifi online gaming. It has 3 different modes. Something like missions. You can unlock other games too. Every game has it's own rule, hints on/off.
The games are card or board or action or single player games. In the single player has the Mahjongg, Solitaire and a game like Gridlock. Gridlock was in the smartphone Sony Ericsson P800/900/910i. It has a lot of puzzles inside it.
It has a nice, relaxing music. Customization. You can change CPU difficulty, rules, design, etc. You can change for example the game mode in Darts.
So many games. So many hours. Too pity that I can't play any more. I have to sleep to wake up tomorrow early in the morning (5:30am) to go to work. And I can't play to work.. Sniff sniff. :-(

One major request: Nintendo, you have to advertise this addictive fabulous game.

:0

I also read that you can record your steps in games like chess.....

Gotta go to a gameshop directly after work. Early releases drive me crazy :/

Koren

Just a question... what happened to Ultimate Card Games / Ultimate Brain Games ?

They may have missed something big by delaying them for more than a year...

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Koren said:
Just a question... what happened to Ultimate Card Games / Ultimate Brain Games ?

They may have missed something big by delaying them for more than a year...
you shouldn't care about that game anymore with CHG coming out in two weeks

Lee N

Membre
Wait, this game doesn't have Go? I heard it's just some stupid 5-in-a-row game played on a Go board :(

Now I'm really disappointed. I was so looking forward to playing Go online.

Lee N

Membre
gm03_2.jpg

It's Gobang, not Go :(

*sobs*

Koren

VicAlpha said:
you shouldn't care about that game anymore with CHG coming out in two weeks
I still do, for Go for example, and a few other games. But I agree, they're much less interesting now. A great mistake from the Ultimate games editor, I think.

Its good to see a bit of buzz for this game. It could be the next Brain Training...

I hope so. The more people to play online the better. My brother is gonna love the online poker. Only thing that would be better is if PartyPoker.com put out a game for him so he could play for money on the go!

With the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, you can challenge a friend across the country or the ocean! Can't play checkers without shouting "KING ME!" across the table? The in-game chat feature takes table talk to a new level.

Typo, or two player WiFi limit?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Ninja Dom said:
I've heard that this is the first 8 Player online DS game.

Anyone confirm/deny??
at Nintendo UK website
•Challenge up to seven friends locally via Multi-Card Play or DS Download Play

•Play against up to seven opponents across Europe and in the US via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection

edit: see this pic
clubhouse-games-20060915055706682.jpg

AzureRonin said:
Any single card play?

Yeah. That post above yours that mentions DS download play refers to it. It doesn't imply its limited to certain games, so I would imagine all of them are playable single-card.

radioheadrule83 said:
Yeah. That post above yours that mentions DS download play refers to it. It doesn't imply its limited to certain games, so I would imagine all of them are playable single-card.

Don't know how I missed that. So 8 players on download play as well? I guess the games are small enough to be downloaded so I figure all of them will be available. Although there will probably be some limitations to it.

Someone have the game by now?

here's more from the gfqs-guy:

you can play worldwide without friend codes. Before you begin, it asks you if you want friend codes or worldwide. If you select world wide, then you don't enter any code but you choose your game and then, is looking for opponents. I have tried for 5 minutes, noone appeas and then it returns to wifi game menu selection.
The only complain about it. And no, you can't play all the games. There are 7 games that you can't play. 3 single (doh!) and 4 from the basic card games.
---
You can't play on-line the games from Basic Card Games:
Old Maid
Spit
I Doubt It
Pig

&

the single player games.

As far as the text, yes there is some options in the chat in the lobby but it says that "No one is available" and I can't write any text at all. It has some fixed pleadings, eg Good Luck, I'll do my best!, I'm waiting, etc. I believe that when you play on-line, then you can write down anything you want. But this is a speculation.
You can also change the types of balloons of text, the font size, the face and the color.
---
It has also a PictoChat Search and an option for "Open Room". Help: Turn this option on to keep the room open and invite other players during a Nintendo WFC Friends match.
Sounds good.
---
And something before I leave. I checked that despite the fact that for example in the Chinese Checkers that is a 2-player game only, in the lobby holds up to 8 slots. So, I believe that there will be more possibilities to find someone without a friend code.
I don't understand everything but okay :]

dyls

So no voice chat, I guess :( Oh well, pictochat should work well enough. Great to hear that all wi-fi games can be played worldwide as well as friends only.

If a mod would change the title to take out the voice chat bit, it would be appreciated.

dyls said:
So no voice chat, I guess :( Oh well, pictochat should work well enough. Great to hear that all wi-fi games can be played worldwide as well as friends only.

If a mod would change the title to take out the voice chat bit, it would be appreciated.

What? No voice chat = no sale.

I don't care if voice chat requires friend codes, I don't want to chat with strangers, but I really want voice with my friends.

Jefklak

radioheadrule83 said:

ALL GAMES download play? That's impossible. Must buy megaton fest then :lol

more
I haven't tried on-line yet because I can't find anyone. So, I don't know if you can play 8-player game. But in the lobby, is some games, there are 8 empty slots.

As far as the chess, no, unfortunately you can't play in the same DS with another person. You can play with CPU only. In 3 different difficulties. It could be nice if you could play localy in the same DS.

And as for the statistics. There are 3. The first is for single player. You press the button Records and you see the number of sets and the number of wins of every game.
Then you have the button Ranks for Multiplayer. I can't press it. It's grey. I have to play multiplayer to activate it and I haven't.
Lastly, there is the same button records for WiFi too but it holds the points of every game. And if you click to play a game, then it shows the Sets: __ Wins: __ and the Worldwide Rank --- / ----.
So, I believe that you can see online your worldwide rank without going to nintendo wifi website.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
AzureRonin said:
Any single card play?
In the vids you can see someone playing against the cpu with different difficulties to choose.
I also like that part :)

Nintendo should be doing a big advertising blitz on maintream media for the game. This will be a *huge* hit with casual players, if they're aware it.

Lee N

Membre
Am I the only one who's disappointed about the fact that there's no Go in this game? I got really excited when I saw the Go board in screenshots but now when I've found out it's not actually Go I'm not so sure I'm getting this game anymore. :\

Still seems like an interesting package but the lack of Go really backfired on my excitement. Maybe I'll get over it soon.. but still, online Go on the DS would have been awesome.

Lee N

Membre
:Motorbass said:
Yeah, because we've established that in several threads before. ;]
Must've missed that because I've been super excited about playing online Go on the DS.. and now when I found out I'm like "meh". :(

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
I need to know more about the chess comp. Would get it even if there were no chess but still, there is, so I need details!

"I haven't tried on-line yet because I can't find anyone. So, I don't know if you can play 8-player game. But in the lobby, is some games, there are 8 empty slots."

1) read the godamn instruction manual
2) The british website for nintendo wifi is ancient
3) US one has clubhouse as unreleased
4) Poor Open Season Peak Players = 1 .

Lee N

Membre
neptunes said:
How do people have the game already? Did it just come out in europe or something?
Official release date is friday here in europe.. but I'm sure some stores broke the street date as usual.

SpoDaddy

Any word on stat tracking? We need win-loss records for each game and auto-losses for droppers, that would make this the greatest game ever made.

Top Bottom