• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clubhouse Games Official Euro Thread (dump friend codes here)

I haven't been able to find anybody online. The majority of games are available though. The only ones that aren't are Old Maid, Spit, I Doubt It, Pig and Word Balloon.

Local wireless works with you creating a room, and people being added to it as they download. The download player then pics an icon to represent them (has to be unique). From what I can see, ALL the single player games are available for play in single cart multiplayer, with Shogi , Field Tactics and Ludo blanked out, but also blanked out in single player, so I think they have to be earned. The chat room is basically Pictochat in local download, I'll try and get an online game now and see how it works there.

In the WiFi mode, there's a "records" button. If you press and hold it, each game has text appear on it, displaying your stats :)

I've given up trying to play online, nothing's happening. Anybody playing the game is being spread across 40ish games, I'll never find anybody.

Single player has Free Play, Stamp and Mission.

In Stamp "You play all the games and collect stamps. The nu,mber of stamps you get depends on your rankings, but once you collect three, you can move up to the next game".

Mission is a whole bunch of...missions. Like "5 calls in I Doubt It", "500 chips in Blackjack", etc.

Oh, and it supports the rumble pak. It vibrates when it's your go.

Ikael

Someone had to do it...
furobertfalcon.jpg

Jefklak

TheGreatDave said:
From what I can see, ALL the single player games are available for play in single cart multiplayer, with Shogi , Field Tactics and Ludo blanked out, but also blanked out in single player, so I think they have to be earned.

Holy shit, buy buy buy :) thanks!

TheGreatDave said:
I've given up trying to play online, nothing's happening. Anybody playing the game is being spread across 40ish games, I'll never find anybody.

Well its out across Europe tomorrow, you might have better luck then. How long til the US release?

I'm betting some games will be more popular than others (Poker etc)

:Motorbass said:
Are there some cool Player Icons? You can't draw your own, eh?

You can't draw your own. They have different catagories, Animals, Flowers & Vehicles, Food, Insects and Fish and Faces & Emotions. The faces are probably the best, they're kinda cartooney exagerated expressions. Lots of these icons have "?" though, so I guess there's lots to unlock.

TheGreatDave said:
You can't draw your own. They have different catagories, Animals, Flowers & Vehicles, Food, Insects and Fish and Faces & Emotions. The faces are probably the best, they're kinda cartooney exagerated expressions. Lots of these icons have "?" though, so I guess there's lots to unlock.
Thanks. I think "certain" Mario Kart Users decided for us all that we don't need this kind of things... :[

:Motorbass said:
Thanks. I think "certain" Mario Kart Users decided for us all that we don't need this kind of things... :[

Yeah, I'd imagine that'd have something to do with it :(

Still not found anybody online. If I have it, other people must do...

maxmars

When you go online, do you have to go online with a specific game (e.g. chess) or can you switch from game to game after having connected?

Does it show how many people are there and what they are playing?

maxmars said:
When you go online, do you have to go online with a specific game (e.g. chess) or can you switch from game to game after having connected?

Does it show how many people are there and what they are playing?

You connect to the WiFi. Then it's the same as the single player menu - you pick the game you want to play. Then it has a screen displaying your stats, and a button to press to search for opponents. After 5 minutes, it gives up.

You can easily go back and forth and pick different games. It doesn't give any usage stats as to how many people are playing each game though

maxmars

TheGreatDave said:
It doesn't give any usage stats as to how many people are playing each game though

Ah ok, too bad for the summary info missing. Well, tomorrow I'll go and buy it, so you'll find at least one person to play with. :D

How do we exchange friend codes on GAF? Somebody once mentioned prostitution, but I couldn't figure out what he meant.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
TheGreatDave, how about the games? a little description and opinion for each perhaps?

I haven't came close to playing them all. Right now, people seem to be appearing online; I'm playing a really fun game of Checkers, and just finished losing 5 times in a row to somebody at Connect 5, which I really liked. The games like bowling and darts are a little weird to control, I've only done them a few times though. What can I say though? There's a reason these games are called "classics" :)

How does the money\chip situation go in WiFi\Wireless, are you given a specific amount before each game, does it vary, or does the person who creates the game determine it?

Is it like Yahoo games where if someone drops out of a WiFi game, can someone join in the middle of the game? Or is that spot the person took up empty for the entirety of the game if they leave or drop out?

Haven't managed to play a game with chips in online yet, so I don't know how it works.

Cool thing; each game has worldwide stats. In one of the games, there was only me and the guy I played in the ranking table :lol Right now, I am the joint king of Checkers, out of 5 people.

Based on the way game seems to be set up, I'd say no, but I haven't had a disconnect yet.

DSC00160Small.jpg

That's how the ranking tables work. Daves FTW.

Pretty much what you'd expect. There's no issues with it or anything, it's easy to play, easy to control, pretty much as good as it could be.

Tobor

Klondike is what most people consider "Solitaire". It's only one of many versions however.

My favorite is Pyramid Solitaire. Since it just says Solitaire on the game list, I'm assuming it's Klondike.

Tobor said:
Klondike is what most people consider "Solitaire". It's only one of many versions however.

My favorite is Pyramid Solitaire. Since it just says Solitaire on the game list, I'm assuming it's Klondike.

It's got Solitaire and Mahjong Solitaire.

Giard said:
How is Texas Hold'em? Is it also 8 players online?

Haven't played it, but it is 8 player online.

yilmazz

I added you dave, I hope more ppl are going to post their fcs here.

Here's mine:
4467-5581-6062

I still have no idea about most of the games though. ^^

yilmazz

yeah I'm online.. man I suck so hard.. it's not even funny anymore. :*(

Also most of the games I played were quite good, Billard sucks though.

yilmazz

Ok after playing around with the game a bit longer now I have to say this is probably the best wifi game for ds out yet.
Some games like billard are not so great, but bowling, dart, card games, balance (my fav at the moment) and many others are great fun on wifi.
The chat in wifi mode is kinda meh, because it only has pre-pepared messages you can choose from (at least it's like that when you're playing worldwide, not sure about friends mode) and some smileys and stuff that you can use to emphasize your message.

I just had the first game with an opponent that dropped out of the game by the way. When no other human player is left, the game asks you if you want to continue the game playing vs. the cpu. I'm not sure if you'll get points for this though.

Every DS gamer in Europe should get this tomorrow, and post your friendcodes here. :)

I'll be doing the same, tried to get it today but shops were very reluctant to sell it before tommorrow. You can probably tell itt's been a few years since my last European purchase.

Vard

TheGreatDave said:
OK, online chat is limited to sending specified text phrases, at least out of friends mode :(

Wait, so it doesn't have a real kind of Pictochat? I'd figure you could only send default phrases to non-friends and write whatever you want with friends...

Bo130

I'm pretty sure that's the case. Free Pictochat with friends, didn't even think they had included 'chat'/taunting for worldwide. Cool. Voice Chat was never included, though. The rankings look great :D

I'm getting this in the mail tomorrow, can't freakin' wait. It has been my most wanted game for DS for months now, and now it's only a single day away :D I'll be posting my code in here soon after I get it :)

Top Bottom