• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clubhouse Games Official Euro Thread (dump friend codes here)

allarise

Believe it's out on the 9th of October in NA.

WHY WE GOTTA WAIT SO LONG NINTENDO?

Also.

Can anyone confirm/deny if there's a quick-add checkmark on wifi play to add friends to your roster after playing a game with them (ala MPH)

maxmars

Good question.. What are the chess options? Like strength / thinking depth etc. Also, does the manual mention chess engines? Like Crafty or something?

allarise said:
Believe it's out on the 9th of October in NA.

WHY WE GOTTA WAIT SO LONG NINTENDO?

Also.

Can anyone confirm/deny if there's a quick-add checkmark on wifi play to add friends to your roster after playing a game with them (ala MPH)

No

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Picked it up today :p

Haven't gone through all the games but yeah, they're all simplified games with limited options; some work better than others.

Billiards is laughable compared to all the better efforts out there.
Bowling is also simple but I think it works better here. Probably because there aren't many advanced bowling games out there.
Darts is okay. Haven't been able to land a good shot yet though.
Texas Hold 'Em is really awful. Hardly any options at all and it's a bit difficult to follow who did what. At Easy difficulty the AI is predictably unreliable. Worse is that a match is played over just 5 hands, rendering any long term strategy useless.
The solo games should provide a decent enough distraction, though I only tried the sliding puzzle one - Escape. Looking forward to trying out mahjong solitaire (aka Shanghai).

Rest of the card games seem straightforward from what I've played though I dislike "I Doubt It" as a match lasts way too long.

Haven't been able to play online yet.

Obviously it's gonna take a while to get through all 42 games and get a better feel for them :p

Friend Code - 3737-4138-5373

Yeah I have it, and I'm just playing my 2nd Match 4 player bowling. and after every strike and such the chat goes like "well done" "thanks" "once again" "noooo!" etc. Lovefest. :D

(I play in german so I don't know the english sentences; but there are only like 20 or so.) They can be formatted in color, bubble style, emoticon, etc.

You can view the rules, chat, points, options on the fly. it's pretty cool (yet basic in some points).

Koren

Tempy said:
Picked it up today :p
Same here... I've nearly finished stamp mode.

Bowling is also simple but I think it works better here. Probably because there aren't many advanced bowling games out there.
Did you managed to put effects in the ball ? Is it possible ? Besides that, I agree it's quite nice.

The rules I played were awfully basic, compared to real dart games :(

Looking forward to trying out mahjong solitaire (aka Shanghai).
Kinda OK, but tiles are sometimes nearly unreadable (heard that was the case for Yakuman DS, maybe it's the same set ?)

I didn't understood anything to the Hanafuda variant. The Nintendo fan inside me feels bad ;)

Friend Code - 3737-4138-5373
Don't have mine yet. Will there be a location to put all the friend codes ?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
It's a bit easy to "cheat" in Bowling - just put a ruler or something similar on the bottom screen and use it as a guide as you slide along it with the stylus :p Doesn't guarantee strikes, but at least you'll be dumping less balls into the gutter.

Tempy said:
It's a bit easy to "cheat" in Bowling - just put a ruler or something similar on the bottom screen and use it as a guide as you slide along it with the stylus :p Doesn't guarantee strikes, but at least you'll be dumping less balls into the gutter.

wow, cheapo!
I've done that in missionmode :]

Can't wait for pictures of the selfmade cheating-machines for Wii games :lol

Benadryl Hitman said:
Dammit Europe getting the game first. This is what it must feel like to be a European, noooOOOO!
Oh, it's nice to bridge the wait for Mario Hoops, Star Fox, Phoenix Wright; WARIO WARE TWISTED

Yes, thx.

Ninja Dom

Koren said:
Quote:
The rules I played were awfully basic, compared to real dart games :(

Play the 01 Darts game. In the Settings option set Double Start to OFF and Double Finish to ON. Set the start points to 501 and there you have the rules of competition Darts.

Koren

Ninja Dom said:
Play the 01 Darts game. In the Settings option set Double Start to OFF and Double Finish to ON. Set the start points to 501 and there you have the rules of competition Darts.
Nice ! thanks, i'll try this soon...

Just got it, played some darts, which is wonderful and some dots and boxes. I can definitely see myself playing that one for hours on end. Seems like a great little package.

Added The GreatDave, Tempy, Pikmindictator and Danj.

I'm 1718-7797-5692

Just about to hop on now TGD.

Chibbi Brady said:
Just got it, played some darts, which is wonderful and some dots and boxes. I can definitely see myself playing that one for hours on end. Seems like a great little package.

Added The GreatDave, Tempy, Pikmindictator and Danj.

I'm 1718-7797-5692

Just about to hop on now TGD.

I'm coming online now, added you.

I've created a room.

Jefklak

Neko Tsukimi said:
We're getting regular price at $30 (but at least they're not making it full price)

No reason to cry still cheaper than europe :)
Euro is so high for a couple of months, like $1.27, yay for me & other importers

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Somebody play a game of chess and tell me how the AI is plus how long it takes for it to move at high difficulty levels.

dyls

Everybody's friend codes have been added to the first post. I just used screennames for anyone who didn't put their wfc id in. If I have any wrong, let me know.

Deku

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
Based on the way game seems to be set up, I'd say no, but I haven't had a disconnect yet.

DSC00160Small.jpg

That's how the ranking tables work. Daves FTW.

Can you make custom avatars or are those from an in-game library? i see a panda, lol.

There are sets of icons built in, and you unlock more via mission mode.
There's animals, nature, faces and food categories to begin with.

Only played about 10 minutes and this is already the best Wifi game for DS. Possibly the best game.

Top Bottom