• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CM Punk Walks Out of the WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
If he's in between movies/TV shows, he's gonna be drinking a lot of beer. Eating a lot of cheeseburgers. Eating a lot of deer. Watching a lot of wrasslin. Eating a lot of burritos.

Omega

Banned
Punk and Ricky Bobby share the same father apparently.
ifyouaintfirstyourelast.jpg

If you ain't first, you're last!

best advice ever.

and im not even being sarcastic

strobogo

Banned
I thought there was a chance of one more match around the time he was doing Tough Enough and actually in the ring doing stuff on a regular basis. If he wasn't going to come back then, he wasn't ever going to come back. Which is fine. Not everyone needs one more match. Then you end up being some shit head like Christian.

jmdajr

Stone Cold keeps making fun of his weight on the podcast. He is like 265 now, but he says he is working on taking some of it off.

He said he would like to try DDP yoga but has not had the time or been motivated enough. He will invite DDP to his ranch and they will try it then, maybe even film it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stone Cold isn't coming back, ever. He's done. And fat.

charsace

I agree that you can't and shouldn't reward Punk for walking out. But you also have to figure out why he left and change what you need to change to make sure others don't do it.

WWE would have to make a lot of changes. Cena wouldn't be the man if punk had his way.

charsace

I thought there was a chance of one more match around the time he was doing Tough Enough and actually in the ring doing stuff on a regular basis. If he wasn't going to come back then, he wasn't ever going to come back. Which is fine. Not everyone needs one more match. Then you end up being some shit head like Christian.

If CM Punk does come back that would be the best time to get Steve back for one more match.

Sure he has. Vince just doesn't want Punk to be his opponent at Mania.
And this is probably an issue too. Vince probably wants Steve to work with Cena. Which I'm sure Steve doesn't want to do because he watched Cena no sell promos and in the ring against the rock and sees the Hogan in Cena. He probably talks to the Rock too and I doubt the Rock has good things to say about Cena since the Rock has publicly stated that he didn't like how Cena would pull from outside of wrestlingfor his promos. The Rock, like Stonecold, likes CM Punk. The Rock doesn't seem to like Cena.

Rapstah

I listened to half a Stone Cold podcast the other day and he went on for like ten minutes about how he was trying to lose weight and get in shape. I guess it could have been an ad like 75% of his podcast.

rvy

Banned
Austin's too beat up to return. Unless he starts that DDP Yoga business and it really works for him, I don't see another match. But in a what-if scenario, obviously Punk would be the guy.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Stone Cold's knees are fucked. It's hard to stay in shape when that kind of mobility is diminished.

Ehh, I'd rather not Austin mess his spine/neck anymore than it already has. Austin vs. Punk sounds nice on paper and if it was a different time it would have been huge, but I'd rather it not actually happen.

Ithil

Stone Cold's knees are fucked. It's hard to stay in shape when that kind of mobility is diminished.

His knee is fine now, actually. He had major surgery to replace the ACL and PCL in his bum knee in 2012, which he's fully recovered from.

He's frankly probably in better health now than he was in 2003 when he had his last match.

Pavaloo

Austin said it would take months and months of training to get in ring shape, highly doubt he wants to do that any time soon.

He's got his podcast, a reality show, and a bunch of other projects in the works. The guy's set.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Well that and he only took like 3 months off for a freaking broken neck.

Of all the areas on the body for an athlete to damage, the knees are the worst.

Whilst a broken neck is obviously a potential game ender, if it's fixed up then it shouldn't be an issue as long as you practice common sense (which in the world of PG-era, no-piledrivers-and-chairshots WWE is fairly easy to do.)

Knees however? Very few athletes who suffer severe knee injuries (to their ACL, MCL and/or meniscus, etc) emerge with their talent levels and mobility intact. That and knee injuries never properly heal, unlike broken bones, so they tend to remain in an increasingly fragile state for the rest of the person's life. I believe that you're a Celtic fan, so if you're old enough to remember, compare the after-effects of Larsson's leg break and Michael Mols ACL injury.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Punk starts drinking and finally develops the nerve to tell Hunter off.

Alcohol 1
Losers 0

the people i've known to break edge didn't ease their way out with light beer. you'd be better off looking for white power around the nostrils.

zychi

Banned
that beer could be on a table, he could be posing with it, or it could be in someone else's hands. i hate when people make assumptions on pictures

ghst

thanks for the laugh
It might not even necessarily contain beer. Maybe someone emptied it and filled it with an entirely different liquid. Maybe the girl was hired by WWE and they digitally added the bottle. Joking aside, you're right.

:D

haha. there's gotta be an extra strength laundry detergent sitting on that name waiting for enough time to pass.

If I was CM Punk and I wanted to be a dick I would actually agree to work Wrestlemania just as a final "fuck you" to WWE creative and make them rewrite the entire thing again.

He just has to agree to a return at the most awkward time... like 3 weeks before the show or something.

strobogo

Banned
It would be some master level working if the SxE thing has been a gimmick this entire time and he's actually a drunk/druggie. It would certainly explain him looking like he spends every weekend going on benders and hasn't slept in 3 weeks.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Are these reactions by the fans here part of the stage play as well? I can't tell
... honestly; I'm serious... I can't tell
:(

strobogo

Banned
It's probably a photoshop from one of Vince's men. Just like Vince was the one who killed Benoit and his family because Daniel was actually his son. The whole "who is Vince's kid" angle was actually Vince flaunting it. Punk better watch himself.

It's probably a photoshop from one of Vince's men. Just like Vince was the one who killed Benoit and his family because Daniel was actually his son. The whole "who is Vince's kid" angle was actually Vince flaunting it. Punk better watch himself.

Hell, let's just be out with it now: The ENTIRE WWE ROSTER is made up of Vince's illegitimate kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom