• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CM Punk Walks Out of the WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is since Punk seemed to be a timebomb ready to go off for the last few months that this isnt a shock to a lot of internal WWE people and they are hoping cooler heads prevail and Punk returns in time for mania.

Also dirt sheets say triple H is disrespected by this entire thing so I look forward to his promo about loving this business and sucking up despite the fact he has been in the bosses ear for the majority of his career and hasnt had to deal with shitty creative holding him back since he has creative control and his default creative input is "Why dont I win this one?"

Why shouldn't Triple H have won at Mania against Punk if the guy is leaving in July?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
A true Straight Edge wouldn't even get that close to a beer, and certainly wouldn't associate with a family member who drinks.

a9NLy7M.gif

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
I'll just say that it's interesting that he's still sporting the sideburns if, in fact, that's a recent picture. If it's not, then never mind.

ScrubJay

That beer's on the table. Punk wouldn;t take painkileers for consussions and injuries, he's too stubborn to give up straight edge for bud fucking light.

UberTag

Punk is obviously holding his phone with his right hand and taking a picture, his sister is holding the beer or its on the table. Although Punk should bust into RAW in a beer truck and spray all that toxic alcohol on Vince
That would actually be a great angle for a heel straight-edge superstar. Instead of lecturing the audience and preaching like Straight Edge Society Punk did, he should have actively gotten his opponents drunk, high and intoxicated so they would be impaired and unable to wrestle. Hence he would win all his matches by forfeit.

Acorn

That would actually be a great angle for a heel straight-edge superstar. Instead of lecturing the audience and preaching like Straight Edge Society Punk did, he should have actively gotten his opponents drunk, high and intoxicated so they would be impaired and unable to wrestle. Hence he would win all his matches by forfeit.
Would that pass PG?

DiscoJon

Banned
But guys, jobbing to HHH at Wrestlemania is just like losing to the Undertaker at Wrestlemania! Because he's giving you "the rub!"

Right?

RIGHT?
CM-Punk-laughing-at-Stephanie.gif

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Am I the only one that noticed it was a Bud Light logo and immediately thought it was a UFC plant?

FrankCaron

Gold Member
So, given that I haven't been into wrestling since before the turn of the century, I have to wonder if this whole drama has been manufactured for the very reason of bringing old people back into the fray.

I know I'm not the only expat to be wondering what is going on and finding myself interested again, between both this and the WWE Netflixish service.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, given that I haven't been into wrestling since before the turn of the century, I have to wonder if this whole drama has been manufactured for the very reason of bringing old people back into the fray.

I know I'm not the only expat to be wondering what is going on and finding myself interested again, between both this and the WWE Netflixish service.

While any mainstream attention will surely have lapsed fans peeking back, it is extremely unlikely this is a work. For one, WWE are nowhere near this good at doing a storyline. On the other hand, CM Punk is and therefor there is always a chance it's a work.

If it is a work, expect nothing to happen until March 3rd, when Raw is in Chicago or maybe the final 10 minutes of the Raw before the Network Launch on the 24th. But again, there is like a 1% chance we're talking of this not being real.

I hope it's a work, that would be insanely well executed. (which, again, is precisely the reason it isn't).

FrankCaron

Gold Member
While any mainstream attention will surely have lapsed fans peeking back, it is extremely unlikely this is a work. For one, WWE are nowhere near this good at doing a storyline. On the other hand, CM Punk is and therefor there is always a chance it's a work.

If it is a work, expect nothing to happen until March 3rd, when Raw is in Chicago or maybe the final 10 minutes of the Raw before the Network Launch on the 24th. But again, there is like a 1% chance we're talking of this not being real.

I hope it's a work, that would be insanely well executed. (which, again, is precisely the reason it isn't).
I was actually thinking, based on reading this thread, Punk crashes the Wrestlemania for his grand return and reveal of the "work".

Aiii

So not worth it
I was actually thinking, based on reading this thread, Punk crashes the Wrestlemania for his grand return and reveal of the "work".

Nah, it will be before Mania to pull some more people into buying the Network when interest is at its highest.

But guys, jobbing to HHH at Wrestlemania is just like losing to the Undertaker at Wrestlemania! Because he's giving you "the rub!"

Right?

RIGHT?
CM-Punk-laughing-at-Stephanie.gif

I love that GIF for so many reasons, one of my fav segments in ages just because of how much it got shit on even though 'hey gais its a big dealz'.

CM Punk. <3 :( please be a work.

You can tell the people actually listening and react accordingly then the guys like Del Rio just tuned out ages ago and don't even care whats happening lol.

Pavaloo

This is fucking fantastic.
What, he needs to use both hands to operate his smartphone?

Here, I've recreated the rest of the image that's just out of frame:

HUTw2An.jpg
THANK YOU BASED BEAN

I feel like the picture is clearly in jest, but all the people jumping to defend on CM Punk's behalf just make me sad.

Right?

RIGHT?
What, did you want him to beat Taker? FFS.
;P

jmdajr

I wonder how much Punk actually hates the Authority in real life.

They had that one vid where they all did the spineroonee after RAW ended and Punk was hugging Steph and they laughing and smiling.

strobogo

Banned
Anyone know what this was about and where I can watch the video? Thanks

Before TLC 2013, which was December on Raw. All the former WWE and WHC champions were in the ring. Stephanie was going on about how HHH is the greatest of all time and Punk laughed, but other people (including refs) rolled their eyes and HHH was trying not to laugh himself.

Pavaloo

Anyone know what this was about and where I can watch the video? Thanks

It was a segment about unifying the titles and while Stephanie was mentioning historic champions and mentions Triple H as the pinnacle of all champions.

The segment was also in Seattle, Daniel Bryan's home state so the crowd was piping hot for him, see here. Afterwards the segment went on as planned and finished like this.

It was a pretty cool RAW closer.

edit: man Punk is probably good friends with Stephanie.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Before TLC 2013, which was December on Raw. All the former WWE and WHC champions were in the ring. Stephanie was going on about how HHH is the greatest of all time and Punk laughed, but other people (including refs) rolled their eyes and HHH was trying not to laugh himself.

Son of a bitch. I've never even NOTICED the ref in that gif, and now he's my favorite part. Amazing ref look. Amazing.

Punk was actually laughing because he pulled out the Ref's clear plastic ear piece while fucking with him during the skit.

The timing was perfect for the gif though.

Punk was actually laughing because he pulled out the Ref's clear plastic ear piece while fucking with him during the skit.

The timing was perfect for the gif though.

A key thing you're also missing is that this Raw was in Seattle, and the crowd completely hijacked the segment with DANIEL BRYAN chants. Really something everyone should go back and watch, epic stuff.

A key thing you're also missing is that this Raw was in Seattle, and the crowd completely hijacked the segment with DANIEL BRYAN chants. Really something everyone should go back and watch, epic stuff.

Haha, yeah, the crowd was awesome that night. I don't watch WWE that often, but I lucked out that time.

Blades64

Banned
It was a segment about unifying the titles and while Stephanie was mentioning historic champions and mentions Triple H as the pinnacle of all champions.

The segment was also in Seattle, Daniel Bryan's home state so the crowd was piping hot for him, see here. Afterwards the segment went on as planned and finished like this.

It was a pretty cool RAW closer.

edit: man Punk is probably good friends with Stephanie.

This is some amazing stuff. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom