• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Green Party files for Wisconsin recount, audit

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't think it's true, then ask yourself why he would be willing to say it? He only stands to lose from it if it's false. No one in DC likes him. Some merely will tolerate him. If he's wrong, no one will work with him, period.

There is absolutely no proof that it's true. The only sites reporting that news are places like Infowars.

"Why would he be willing to say it?" Because he's a thin-skinned moron who will repeat any half-assed conspiracy that paints him in a good light or his enemies in a bad one.

You ask yourself this: given the COUNTLESS lies he's told, the endless stream of utter bullshit he spewed forth during the entire campaign, why are YOU willing to believe him?

.JayZii

Banned
Why are people so against a recount?

Now there's rumours of tampering there should be a recount. If it changes nothing, it doesn't even make a difference, but at least it rules out tampering!
Because every time votes are recounted, the country becomes 10% less democratic.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Politicians don't take that kind of blunt position often (at least not openly). It's the kind of statement politicians on both sides in D.C. would RELISH to hold over him if it were false.
Do you know who Donald Trump is? I'm still refusing to believe you're being serious.

DR2K

Banned

Now there's rumours of tampering there should be a recount. If it changes nothing, it doesn't even make a difference, but at least it rules out tampering!

Even Trump wants one. Let's just recount nationally, take our time, have Obama fill in for a while and really think about things m

Politicians don't take that kind of blunt position often (at least not openly). It's the kind of statement politicians on both sides in D.C. would RELISH to hold over him if it were false.

Except if the recount does show his statement as false, he'll just claim the people doing the recount are corrupt/biased/incompetent. There's no actual burden of proof strong enough to force him to admit he's wrong, because that's what the conservatives in this country have decided is their mandate.

They've weaponized blazing stupidity and willful ignorance. Trump is their Frankenstein's monster come to life, rampaging with a total lack of accountability, reliability, or even just basic adherence to painfully obvious logic.

The problem is that it won't necessarily rule out tampering. It's going to muddy up the water and throw a bunch of new information out there. I think it's very possible that people will spin up even more elaborate tampering conspiracies as a result of this recount.

It's a high risk/low reward move. Hell, even in the unlikely event that actual, honest to god, evidence of tampering was found, think about what the result would be. Play that hypothetical out in your head. What exactly is the best case scenario here?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Even Trump wants one. Let's just recount nationally, take our time, have Obama fill in for a while and really think about things m

Personally, I think this recount should take about four years, and in the meantime, have Obama run things until this mess is sorted out. Take as much time as we need to get this right!

Personally, I think this recount should take about four years, and in the meantime, have Obama run things until this mess is sorted out. Take as much time as we need to get this right!

My understanding (not American, so I might be wrong) is that in that situation, the presidency would automatically go to the Vice-President-elect on an interim basis.

...sounds like the worst possible outcome.

I'm increasingly not sure of that.

Mike Pence is an awful, awful human being with deeply dangerous ideas. But at least he's an adult who's willing to work within accepted political norms.

What Trump is doing seems dangerous as a matter of kind, not just degree.

My understanding (not American, so I might be wrong) is that in that situation, the presidency would automatically go to the Vice-President-elect on an interim basis.

Way things are going, Republican Congress are just waiting to impeach him and put Pence in anyway. Didn't anyone tell you this was the darkest timeline?

People keep saying Pence is worse than Trump, really? I think you better hope Pence becomes the actual president asap.

Pence won't fill his cabinet with neo-nazis, would be controlled by republican congress (as oppose to Kushner and Bannon), wouldn't use the presidency to push his shitty business around the world and wouldn't be courting the alt-right and won't be anywhere near a global embarrassment as Trump. Not to mention the thing with the press and twitter...and Russia.

C'mon people. Can you fucking see Trump giving State of the Union address? Addressing the UN general assembly? Vomit.

Pence is a shitty misogynist right-winger homophobe who agreed to run with Trump, he's many things but he's not worse than Trump...it'll be a shitty 4 years still but hey, at least Trump isn't POTUS.

Acorn

Don't think it'll do any more harm than just giving false hope. Waste of time probably. But whatever if it helps people adjust to this horrible reality that is 2016.

People keep saying Pence is worse than Trump, really? I think you better hope Pence becomes the actual president asap.

Pence won't fill his cabinet with neo-nazis, would be controlled by republican congress (as oppose to Kushner and Bannon), wouldn't use the presidency to push his shitty business around the world and wouldn't be courting the alt-right and won't be anywhere near a global embarrassment as Trump. Not to mention the thing with the press and twitter...and Russia.

C'mon people. Can you fucking see Trump giving State of the Union address? Addressing the UN general assembly? Vomit.

Pence is a shitty misogynist right-winger homophobe who agreed to run with Trump, he's many things but he's not worse than Trump...it'll be a shitty 4 years still but hey, at least Trump isn't POTUS.
Yeah, I'd be worried about Pence for many reasons, but I also don't want to get nuked over a goddamn twitter fight.

Chumly

It's hilarious to see the president fucking elect whine on twitter about millions of illegal votes while whining about a recount. I think the recount is a waste of time and money but if republicans are so dead set on pushing the illegal vote narrative then we should have recounts because who the fuck is to say those illegal votes went democrat. Maybe it's just a giant cover scheme for the real fraud.

Elandyll

Banned
Scarborough is having a complete meltdown this am on Morning Joe about the recount, playing the bit where Clinton was saying in a speech that Trump not abiding by the result if he lost would be a threat to democracy and laughing hysterically..
God I'm so done with that show (I was mostly listening for Mika anyway, and this morning you could tell he was really getting on her nerves with his antics) ... what a moron. /smh

Steejee

Yeah, I'd be worried about Pence for many reasons, but I also don't want to get nuked over a goddamn twitter fight.

For a long while I figured Trump would be less awful than Pence, as Trump is not really a true believer in anything other than his own amazingness and perhaps could be goaded by outside forces into doing at least a few middle-of-the-road things.

With this and his cabinet/adviser picks I'm starting to hope for a quick impeachment and acceptance that the awful shit we'd see from a Pres Pence (who'd basically just be a mouthpiece for the GOPers in Congress) would pale to what could come out of a full Trump term. There's just not a whole lot I think Pence would do that Trump won't also do in the end anyways, but at least Pence has a modicum of sanity to him and isn't wrapped up in a million conflicts of interest or inclined to get into a twitter war over a perceived slight.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Someone really needs to take Trumps twitter account away from him. Seriously, his behavior is dangerously unchecked.
I think having his Twitter around is actually a good thing because we need to be reminded what kind of person this guy really is.

Hide his Twitter, and he gets to hide claim that he's doing a fine job when he's actually just throwing nonstop tantrums behind the scenes.

KingBroly

Banned
Here's Wisconsin's memo on the recount:

http://elections.wi.gov/sites/defau..._re_recount_procedural_issues_11_28_78651.pdf

Some things to note:
1 - Machines did not have internet access
2 - Machines were programmed by local officials, not a third party (as claimed possible by Stein)
3 - Wisconsin is confident on their vote count
4 - Because of the previous points, Stein's request to a hand recount was rejected

EDIT: Deadline to complete the recount is Dec. 12

KingBroly

Banned
Huh, but isn't that exactly the same thing that already happened? The recount is supposed to check if the machines were correct the first time.

Stein did not offer a high enough burden of proof to warrant a hand recount, in addition to her not filing in time to get a hand recount.

Maxim726X

Well, that's $6,276,283 down the drain as of this moment then.

Yeah... Hence the tepid response from most.

It makes great headlines, but that's about it. Trump is our next president. If people hate this idea so fucking much, they should have voted. Now we're stuck.

Kilau

So this is already over basically?

Wouldn't they just come up with the same count as already tabulated?

Wisconsin thanks Stein for the $2 million filing fee and then pushes a few buttons.

RPGCrazied

Huge shock, just huge. What in the world were people expecting? A colossal waste of time and especially money. People need to face reality and quick getting suckered in by this blatant rip-off artist, and folks need to stop enabling her.

Now she has started the process to do the exact same thing in Pennsylvania...

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/stein-moves-for-pennsylvania-recount-231882

Trump said he lost the popular vote because of illegal voting. Just recount the whole thing.

So this is already over basically?

Wouldn't they just come up with the same count as already tabulated?

Wisconsin thanks Stein for the $2 million filing fee and then pushes a few buttons.

It was over before it started. I've been saying repeatedly that they are just going to redo what they did already and its not this deep fraud investigation many were touting. There are no legal grounds for that.

No way

Stein will sue, right? She better with all that money

Lol, she is getting a basic recount and she spent millions on that already. There is no money left to sue in WI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom